Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Tired. Worn. Bored. Alone.

(XBOX)Flawed Kestrel

Question

This is honestly my first post. I've played Warframe when it first began. Back then it was only for a month- I didn't know what the game was trying to be. I doubt back then it even had an idea of it's latent potential. I came back years later when advertising blew up in my face about the revamps, that was back when we had Rails and Dark Sectors.

My friends and I formed a Clan, Seeker of Twilight. This was done to fight over for control of a sector for the lucrative taxing of it. I didn't do much in terms of contributing. I wasn't all that serious. But my clan leaders put me to work with my Dojo creativity. I helped design the interior with decor and color. Made it real homey. Eventually I decided to pull my weight. Actively make decisions, became a Warlord under the Founding Warlord. Named the ranks. Decided privileges. I was the adjutant, the logistics and operations officer. I liked that. There were ten of us. Then slowly they left. I tell you I kept the light on. Buy being alone is horrible.

I gave up.

We came back eventually. Then left again. Then came back, each time with game contentvdrop until the Second Dream, we rushed to best it and enthrall ourselves in lore and mystery. I was around for Chains of Harrow, the War Within, Plsins if Eidolon, Solaris, Railjack. I helped revamp the Dojo with an Orokin theme. We bought a clan crest.

Then they started to quit again. This time I was annoyed. Opted to recruit two new members, just to keep me company. One if them never talked. The other was... talkative. They left too. I poured myself into the Dojo. But... to be honest I don't feel love for it anymore. My orokin palette was replaced with dismal Red and Black. I opted to gain full control, unfortunately they didn't happen.

I want ho leave but only with expectations of finding... something, anyone. I hate playing alone, I can't grind like this.

12 answers to this question

I'm sorry to hear that. Maybe the game is not really for you and that's ok. Things change and maybe your interest or the game's direction did (or both).

What I would recommend is for you to take a big break, try different games. Maybe you find something that suits you. And if it doesn't, the game will still be here.

You can also join a big clan with many members and try meeting new people. There are a lot of us who still love the game. 

51 minutes ago, (XBOX)Flawed Kestrel said:

This is honestly my first post. I've played Warframe when it first began. Back then it was only for a month- I didn't know what the game was trying to be. I doubt back then it even had an idea of it's latent potential. I came back years later when advertising blew up in my face about the revamps, that was back when we had Rails and Dark Sectors.

My friends and I formed a Clan, Seeker of Twilight. This was done to fight over for control of a sector for the lucrative taxing of it. I didn't do much in terms of contributing. I wasn't all that serious. But my clan leaders put me to work with my Dojo creativity. I helped design the interior with decor and color. Made it real homey. Eventually I decided to pull my weight. Actively make decisions, became a Warlord under the Founding Warlord. Named the ranks. Decided privileges. I was the adjutant, the logistics and operations officer. I liked that. There were ten of us. Then slowly they left. I tell you I kept the light on. Buy being alone is horrible.

I gave up.

We came back eventually. Then left again. Then came back, each time with game contentvdrop until the Second Dream, we rushed to best it and enthrall ourselves in lore and mystery. I was around for Chains of Harrow, the War Within, Plsins if Eidolon, Solaris, Railjack. I helped revamp the Dojo with an Orokin theme. We bought a clan crest.

Then they started to quit again. This time I was annoyed. Opted to recruit two new members, just to keep me company. One if them never talked. The other was... talkative. They left too. I poured myself into the Dojo. But... to be honest I don't feel love for it anymore. My orokin palette was replaced with dismal Red and Black. I opted to gain full control, unfortunately they didn't happen.

I want ho leave but only with expectations of finding... something, anyone. I hate playing alone, I can't grind like this.

Being a Clan Leader (Warlord or Founding Warlord) is one of the positions that carry the most psychological and emotional strain when said Clan Leader cares for, plays for and breathes his/her Clan.

Your position is decidedly not enviable by anyone. What you're feeling right now is the weight of the Clan responsibility on your shoulders, with absolutely no one to help you carry it. It takes a special breed of determination to carry that weight alone and never fall.

I have been in that position... 3 times. But I did not give up on my Clan, even if I was alone. The only thing I did was to keep walking forwards, with new objectives. One of those objectives was Dojo rebuilding... On those 3 times, I had my Dojo built to fit the tastes of certain members where functionality... never existed. It worked perfectly now that I have rebuilt the Dojo for a 4th time, according to my taste, where "functionality" is primal... And I'm racking up members, faster than I can fish from the Plains. I even created an Alliance and taking in underdeveloped Ghost Clans...

If your account was a PC account , and your Clan was a PC Clan, I would have just the perfect solution for you... Unfortunately, your account is not a PC account, and your Clan also isn't. So, in your specific case, the perfect solution for you would be to join an Alliance so that you can have allied members to go with you... However, I don't know the Alliance status of your Clan, but joining one (or owning one and inviting underdeveloped clans so that you can help each other) is probably the best choice you have, as you can use their help and support (and vice-versa) while you keep your Dojo, your effort, and rebuild your Clan Member roster.

hace 11 horas, Uhkretor dijo:

Being a Clan Leader (Warlord or Founding Warlord) is one of the positions that carry the most psychological and emotional strain when said Clan Leader cares for, plays for and breathes his/her Clan.

Your position is decidedly not enviable by anyone. What you're feeling right now is the weight of the Clan responsibility on your shoulders, with absolutely no one to help you carry it. It takes a special breed of determination to carry that weight alone and never fall.

Yea, its way easier to be just another member login somedays and talking here and there than the founder who watches his/her creation being slowly forgotten.

hace 16 minutos, (NSW)Rafa-el dijo:

You can wait and wake up as a overlod in a strange world.

Without your npcs tho  :, / 

Damn how happy would I be if there were npcs options like in Yggdrasil.

Well, somewhat i know how you feel.

Even I play on PC - where is more players playing game- most of people I started to play- or I make  a friends in game while I was rookie -didn't log in in game for years.
I'm at MR 30 and  by Steam spent near 9k hours gameplay . I have all things you can get from game, de-luxe skins, some Tennogen skins I liked ,all weapons, mods (only mod I'm missing is Ballista Measure)... I keep  MK variants of weapons and all regular frames with their Primed version. 
Now after new update- when I get all I want/need I play Sorties and few fissures only. Before I liked to play Long MOT survival for a few hours with few friends , who are, as I said- long time absent.
Now I only thing that makes me happy is -helping new players.  To most of them I can be father (I'm 43 year old) XD
Last 6 months I spent more plat buying Orokin catalysts and reactors, slots for others than on me on De-luxe skins and various bundles.  Also If they are missing some parts for some frame I always give them for free, and if I don't have- I give them Relics.
 So far I gave more than few thousands  plat worth mods and Ayatans for Endo.
I explain/teach them basics- how to make builds for various weapons, and Warframes. From Nightwave  almost all Aura mods I bought are given to them. 
Usually  I don't play more than hour- two but if during those times someone ask me for help- I never refused.
I know what it mean when I was rookie - I found a friend in clan who was, back then max rank- I think MR 22 or 23 who also helped me a lot and explained basics - which was only thing I actually needed, rest I learned/read from WIKI.  I bought few times in game with discount plat and after a while I got enough plat from trade that I don't need any more to spend money on plat, instead I buy Tennogen skins which I like and with that I give my part/share , because developers of game have to live from their work.
There is so many information for new players that discourage them because they have no one to explain them how to progress trough a game fast and level up various "Syndicates" on Open Worlds. And there isn't any "shortcut"  just persistence and consistency. Before Cetus and PoE there was only 6 Syndicates in Orbiter and  relays. Now there is 2 or 3 "syndicates"  in in every  open-world but you can't be at max rank in  months or two  when you  are MR 6-7 or even 12. I always told to start from Cetus and gradually do required things to "grow" and to progress optimally. Farm on Bounties frames and mods, etc
And when they listen to my advices and with a little help from my side- most of them are very happy and then they are even more enjoying game- which on other hand make me feel also very happy.
I don't do this for be praised,  I just I feel good when I can help to other human being/player to be happy/ have more fun in game. For most  of them giving few Catalyst, Reactors, slots, missing important mods and few Ayatans is huge boost for advancement, and to me- that's no big deal.  And more they advance- more they are immersed in game.
And that makes me feel better (btw I have PDD for more than 10 years) and when I offer helping hand for free, most of them first don't believe me until I send gift or invite them in Dojo to trade and ask just Ammo Case or any common mod. 
And when I see in chat their reaction- I cant not to put a smile on my face- which really make me feel good.
There is much joy in game and it would be shame if someone quit because of few "small" things and lack of knowledge.
When I started to play game there was various DE-Partners Youtube videos how to progress and earn plat . Now there is only in Steam warframe subforum guides for almost everything.. but people don't know that. Most of them only use Youtube, and even if they find something they wish to know more- they cant ask question and get an answer momentarily.
Sharing is caring.

So- I found new/ another way to enjoy in my favorite game- Warframe.

P.S

I wanted just to say a few words, but in end I wrote whole page :)

31 minutes ago, VoidArkhangel said:

Yea, its way easier to be just another member login somedays and talking here and there than the founder who watches his/her creation being slowly forgotten.

@(XBOX)Flawed Kestrel

its not much the "being forgotten" part that's the problem because as long as you're there and keeping it alive, it won't be forgotten.

Its more the "openly being dismissed and ignored" part that should be the problem but really isn't, you're simply being a victim of the real problem - "free will"... And, in an online game, anything that goes beyond logging in is a chore for many players.

I still think you should join an Alliance, like I mentioned in my previous post, until you can rebuild your Clan member roster.

You just need to do other stuff man.

I find No Man's Sky to be a relaxing kind of grind. Quite different from WF since you pretty much do stuff for its own sake, not some painful rare reward to work for. Sit and enjoy the scenery. You might check it out. its a lot better today than its old first release reputation.

Also LEGOs, have you played with them recently? And they're not just for kids anymore, check out the new 'Creator Expert' stuff, things like Lego Bonsai Trees

For just stupid mindless entertainment there's always Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 (the volleyball game). Or the Senran Kagura games (female shinobi fighting, with destructible armor). Always good for a pick-me-up.

Warlord of 6 clans here, we used to be super competitive in all the events, Dark sectors etc. These days Warframe is not a game that supports this mindset and so we evolved after first of all taking a hiatus and gravitating to other games, we still have 1 competitive flagship team and the rest is super casual. The game is of the type where players are going to leave, some will return, some will find other games, that's normal. The thing that I found glued us together and has made us more of a family of the core members than a clan these days, is having a healthy social outlet, in our case discord. Even in the competitive branch that I help lead it's not uncommon to see nobody else online, hell I had to wake them up from their slumber for the last event. But that doesn't mean I don't talk to them on discord every day, they're all busy playing other games like PoE, Destiny 2 and Genshin but they're still in Discord chatting every day. 

My advice is to find an active clan with a healthy discord activity level and latch on. Then regardless of players playing other games you'll have gamer mates for life, hell I hangout with a few of them in real life these days, it's like having a lot of really accessible pen pals :)

Archived