Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Reminder: Devs made the Wise Razor stance unusable

Prexades

None of the 2hand Nikanas were among the best weapons, but the stance was fun to use. Especially with the double spin attack at the beginning of the Treshing Grain standing combo. Now the attack is at the end of the combo and the beginning are some terribly slow and clunky moves.

The stance is unusable now.

Most stances are unusable, if you care about mobility.

I was desperately hoping they'd fix this when they changed all the stances in the Melee 2.9999 update, but instead they actually made it worse!

There are now only a few weapons that can truly maintain free movement while attacking, and usually they require the stance slot to be empty entirely. I'm now forced to super Forma my weapons like swords, rapiers, and nunchakus so that I can do a proper build with the stance slot empty... It's a huge drain of Forma for me. I also can't use my favorite sword, the Broken War, because it has an innate stance and therefore can't use the stanceless moveset...

Sadly the two-handed nikanas are still bad with the stance slot empty, so there's no saving them at the moment.

I really think they need to go through and redo all the stances again, but do it properly this time instead of trying to cut corners.

I don't know what they were thinking.

Wise Razor, Tempo Royal, Gaia's Tragedy, all sparring weapons, and just about all other stances in general had anything they had taken away. All stances might as well be the same now, just a way to spam melee without having any identity or special qualities.

I didn't really try Wise Razor until I realized all my other melee stances were butchered. Sad thing is that it sounds like even Wise Razor suffered the same treatment.

I also really hate this stance now, I haven't used any 2h katanas in SO long. The end of some of the combos in this stance are so dreadful and apart from dodging your pretty locked into standing there looking stupid with the sword swung too far behind your back when you really want to change to your gun or cast abilities.

So because it's so clunky now i just dismiss any thoughts i have about using them or getting any skins for them. REALLY hope we'll get another 2h katana stance since they don't seem to revisit the stances again for a long while.

Am 16.2.2021 um 16:12 schrieb SteveCutler:

>Unusable? Lol

I was desperately hoping they'd fix this when they changed all the stances in the Melee 2.9999 update, but instead they actually made it worse!

>Yes they made many stances worse and I dont remember one stance theyve improved but i 1. dont use that many melee types and 2. they left some stances in their quality so i still LOVE melee.

I really think they need to go through and redo all the stances again, but do it properly this time instead of trying to cut corners.

>Yes improve the ones that are bad (for example, every polearm stance) and leave the good ones (swirling tiger, tempo royale) how they are because dont fix what is not broken. I mean swirling tiger is actually beast but tempo royale could use a leave-out-every-lift-effect-edit.

On 2021-02-16 at 4:12 PM, SteveCutler said:

Nope:

23 hours ago, protecttheplanet said:

Lol

To be serious I don't think even one weapon type is completely unusable. Sure glaives are trigger happy. Vaykor sydon's effect is hard to get. Stances have mixed normal an forward combos. And  so on and so on. But you know what? You can still use them.

Does it mean that there are no problems and I just enjoy all stances? NOPE!

As for OP:

I've tried it, nothing special but usable. There are worse.

I wouldn't say its not useable by any means, the combos of wise razor is clunky af compared to other stances.

Remember the Devstream before the nights of Naberus event? 

They said they were working on a new stance for 2-handed nikanas and warfans which has been silent. Instead we get ghoul saw instead.

Archived