Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's the difference between a "Rework" and a "Revisit" when DE even use both terms for the same thing.

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

i've ..."interacted" with so many Toxic people who get too angry when i call their "Revisit" a "Rework", it's honestly sad 

i want to understand why is that so i'm making this small thread explaining my point of view: 

So according to my understanding of what people think a rework is, is when DE give a complete overhaul to a Warframe, comepletely changing his abilities, like Wukong's rework where they changed defy and iron vault to celestial twin

a Revisit is when you go back to existing Warframe abilities and just change their stats/how they function etc

but when you look at most patch history, DE doesn't really care about which term to use, and they definitely don't care about which you should use 

here's a Quote from rebecca way back in 2018, in the Nyx & Titania Dev Workshop " Since that was more than 5 years ago, we are taking the time with this rework".

they didn't remove, replace or combine her abilities. they just changed how existing ones function.

and then again, they don't use the word Revisit in most cases.

It doesn't matter which term to use, as long as your intention is to change the Warframe in question. DE won't look at the changes that you called a "rework" and say "oh gee i can't use these ideas because these are reworks not revisits."

That's it 

39 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

i've ..."interacted" with so many Toxic people who get too angry when i call their "Revisit" a "Rework", it's honestly sad 

i want to understand why is that so i'm making this small thread explaining my point of view: 

So according to my understanding of what people think a rework is, is when DE give a complete overhaul to a Warframe, comepletely changing his abilities, like Wukong's rework where they changed defy and iron vault to celestial twin

a Revisit is when you go back to existing Warframe abilities and just change their stats/how they function etc

but when you look at most patch history, DE doesn't really care about which term to use, and they definitely don't care about which you should use 

here's a Quote from rebecca way back in 2018, in the Nyx & Titania Dev Workshop " Since that was more than 5 years ago, we are taking the time with this rework".

they didn't remove, replace or combine her abilities. they just changed how existing ones function.

and then again, they don't use the word Revisit in most cases.

It doesn't matter which term to use, as long as your intention is to change the Warframe in question. DE won't look at the changes that you called a "rework" and say "oh gee i can't use these ideas because these are reworks not revisits."

That's it 

To put it simple
Rework is when you go back to make something better (where you know what you are planning to do)
Revisit is when you go back to something to check what can be improved (where you look what can benefit from a change but you still looking at your options and how you want to execute them)
How de views it its different story

46 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Rework for me is a broad term and not really interchangable or exclusive to revisit. A rework is a revisit, but a revisit isnt always a rework. It depends how much is done to something. Wukong was obviously a revisit and a rework since alot changed for him, to the point of a new playstyle surfacing for him. Titania and Nyx were reworks aswell since parts of their kit changed drastically. Though I'd say Titanias first changes in the Nyx related patch was a revisit that lead to an overtime rework of her.

A simple revisit for me is adding some stats and possibly slapping a new minor mechanic onto a skill or so. Like Nezha, he got some small changes made to how his Halo worked, but nothing that actually changed anything in his kit. As opposed to Nyx that got psychic bolts completely changed, with only the name and animation really staying intact, along with the frame also getting a new passive. Same deal for Titania, though she got it done overtime with a new passive, blink added to razorwing and tribute gaining toggles etc.

edit: @ZeroX4also provided a great explaination of the two.

A rework is correcting something that hasn't been working for a long time.

A revision is setting out to nerf but wanting to avoid using the word.

But yes, corporate speak is hilarious because while the attempt was to be clever and mask your intent, you really just reveal yourself.

You can be formal without being full of it but I guess everyone forgot.

everyone has their own definitions, but IMO there are clear differences, based on the level of changes being made to the frame in question.

first, you have "Tweaks". this can be something as simple as a buff or nerf to a frames damage, or a slight change in how a power functions mechanically. it only really affects one ability, two at the most, and doesn't change the frame's overall theme. an example can be any small buff a frame gets shortly after release, such as Xaku's tweaks.

then there's "Revisits", which to me anyway is like a smaller rework, typically months or even years after a frame's introduction. it focuses on making some changes to several parts of the Warframe's kit, perhaps replacing an ability if absolutely necessary, but fundamental parts of the frame's identity remain the same. Limbo serves as an example, as DE changed a lot of his Rift mechanics, but he still has the rift, because that's part of his identity.

finally "Reworks". a rework should be nothing less than a complete overhaul from the ground up: new passive, re-examination of all 4 abilities with heavy mechanical changes and replacements where necessary. Ember received a full rework: new passive, new 2nd ability, new 4th ability AND her overheat mechanic to control the rate at which players spam her abilities somewhat.

when discussing changes to warframes thoguh, these words are often used interchangeably, though "tweaks" suggest a much lighter level of modification than "revisit" or "rework". if you want to be super PC about it, just do as DE does and call them "changes", because no matter how good, bad, light or heavy they are, they are goign to change the way that frame works.  

Reworks are building things back from the ground up, see Vauban who might as well not even be the same frame anymore (thank God).

Revisits are fixing things without changing them to heavy degrees, Zephyr's recent adjustments would more fall under that.

Archived