Rifle Riven unveiled as Kitgun Riven [Investigating]

Hethen

So.... the people who bought this expecting it to be what was advertised when they bought it get no compensation?

I didn't buy it myself, but it gives me pause on buying bundles, especially within the first few days of release. 

I was considering it, but now I do not feel so sure, and do not think I will be making a purchase. 

If players are going to be offered something, not given what was advertised, and then given no compensation for it, that doesn't seem like a fair way to respect their platinum investment. 

So I don't know how I feel about this. People literally bought that expecting regular rifle and melee rivens, not zaw and kitgun. Those are distinct in the riven drop tables for a reason. 

• Like 3

I feel like I've been scammed by DE here, not getting what I'm supposed to get in the bundle....

It's like getting a meal deal at a fast food joint which includes a burger, fries and a soda, but once you've purchased the deal you get a burger, fries, and water.... Yeah it's a drink but it's not the one advertised... My point being that yeah it's a riven but it's not the one that was advertised.

• Like 3

Here was my support ticket:

• Mephistoph23Yesterday at 22:29

Hello! I recently purchased the Luminous Brilliance Bundle from the in game market. I saw this bundle advertised on the forums, and thought it would be really nice to have a new Melee Riven mod and Rifle Riven mod to unveil. After purchase, I looked and I got a Rifle Riven mod, and a Zaw Riven mod instead. Okay, so I go check the in game market to see what happened, and there it does say Zaw and not Melee. Disappointment, but I suppose I should have looked before I bought it. From there, I go to open the Rifle Riven mod, and I get the Vermisplicer. This isn't a Rifle, it's a Kitgun. Checking the Forums, it seems that everyone is having this problem. Not only that, but I do indeed see the advertised Melee Riven mod online as well. I don't know what happened, but had I known that the mods weren't what was advertised, I would not have spent the 470 platinum to purchase this. Is there something that can be done about this? I will not touch the Vermisplicer Riven, nor will I touch the Zaw Riven. I don't want them. Please let me know if you need any additional information. Thank you for your time.

My discussion on the forums: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1249701-rifle-riven-mod-question/

Support Today at 20:39

Hello Mephistoph23,

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention. A recent patch should potentially be able to help resolve or alleviate what you brought up here, but if you are still experiencing difficulties, please feel free to reopen this ticket.

Thank you for enjoying Warframe!

I think the lack of details for this solution is what scares me the most. I don't see that there was a patch, unless they're referring to the edit from the original post about what is included. However, in game it's still showing Rifle Riven mod, not Kitgun. If this is really their solution, I'm ashamed, and I will be finding better places to put my money. I hope that the patch just hasn't gone through yet and I'm overreacting.

• Like 4

I also purchased the Luminous Brilliance Bundle and received a Rifle Riven that unveiled into a Catchmoon Riven and a Melee Riven that turned out to be a Zaw Riven. After not getting the items advertised, I sent a ticket to support, to which they only replied telling me to make a post about it on this bug forum and marked the ticket as "solved". 

Considering that DE has only addressed the issue as a "Description error" that they've since "fixed", it leaves me questioning whether or not they have any intention to resolve the issue any further. It boggles the mind on how they managed to mislabeled both rivens on multiple websites advertising the bundle and then just up and changing the content after people had already purchased it. It's especially disappointing seeing that they still continue to falsely advertise the bundle having Rifle and Melee Rivens on the game's steam page:

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/230410/view/5204442508394557947

I would certainly advice people to think twice before spending money on future bundles, or at the very least wait a week before purchasing, because I know I will from now on.

• Like 3

1 час назад, (PSN)Mephistoph23 сказал:

Here was my support ticket:

Got the same reply today.

Somehow being promised one thing but getting another should be solved by changing the wording on the bundle I already bought. I would have at least not wasted time on unveiling the kitgun one if I knew, like I didn't touch the zaw riven. But no, they didn't even give me a chance to save it till maybe some new kitguns are added.

• Like 2

Any chance we can actually talk about this? It's dear to me considering this is not about an in-game drop or in-game resource, it was sold in the market. 

For those that don't know, before yesterday's "fix", the Luminous Brilliance Bundle from the market was advertised on xbox of containing a zaw and rifle riven. To my and others surprise, after unveiling the rifle riven, using a rifle or weapon in the rifle category, it turned out to be a kitgun riven. 2 days passed with everyone being confused about this. Then a hot fix dropped, with a short "fixed description error" leaving those that didn't unveil it wonder as well about their rifle riven being for kitguns. 

---

So my request ist rather simple, can early adopters of the bundle that thought it contained a rifle riven, which we weren't able to confirm BEFORE purchase, get some kind of compensation? As well as a statement about this? 

I'm also reminding everyone that this isn't about a wrong drop, or a faulty resource. 

It's about an in-game market bundle for platinum with a false description that was in the game for 2 days. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, (XBOX)TyeGoo said:

Any chance we can actually talk about this? It's dear to me considering this is not about an in-game drop or in-game resource, it was sold in the market. 

For those that don't know, before yesterday's "fix", the Luminous Brilliance Bundle from the market was advertised on xbox of containing a zaw and rifle riven. To my and others surprise, after unveiling the rifle riven, using a rifle or weapon in the rifle category, it turned out to be a kitgun riven. 2 days passed with everyone being confused about this. Then a hot fix dropped, with a short "fixed description error" leaving those that didn't unveil it wonder as well about their rifle riven being for kitguns. 

---

So my request ist rather simple, can early adopters of the bundle that thought it contained a rifle riven, which we weren't able to confirm BEFORE purchase, get some kind of compensation? As well as a statement about this? 

I'm also reminding everyone that this isn't about a wrong drop, or a faulty resource. 

It's about an in-game market bundle for platinum with a false description that was in the game for 2 days. 

I'm just as upset about this, but I don't think anything will change about it. They gave us their answer and I believe they expect us to deal with it. I agree: I wouldn't have wasted my money on this had I known, but I don't know what can be done about it. I won't be wasting any more of my money on Warframe again. I may have lost out on this, but they're losing a customer that buys a healthy amount of their content. If they're okay with that effect, then so be it.

• Like 5