Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Year of the Snake......

Fingerguns_Prime

Did your business model change since Christmas?

"Celebrate a new year by giving us money for things you used to be able to earn as rewards during previous events."

...and none of the bundles include anything from the previous bundle.

Blessing and Fortune Bundle - 130 Platinum
1 decoration.
...and items you can get by doing missions/sorties.

Start Anew Bundle - 185 Platinum
Does NOT include items from the previous bundle.
2 skins and a decoration.
...and MORE items you can get by playing the game.

Luminous Brilliance Bundle - 470 Platinum.
Doesn't include anything from the previous 2 bundles.
3 DIFFERENT Weapon skins for LOWER TIER weapons.
...and more things you can unlock by simply playing the game.

In order to collect every skin and statue available, it is 785 PLATINUM.
In order to purchase that much, it's $50USD.

----
----
----

During previous events, bundles and collections like this were REWARDS for completing holiday events of increasing difficulty.

This is kinda' messed up... and I think I'm done financially supporting DE with Platinum Purchases.

I'm disappointed, DE...
Very much so...

What happened to you?

So this is enough to make you want to stop spending money on the game? But not supporter bundles, gear bundles that come with every new release (which always have boosters), bundle exclusive items (all deluxe skins, Lavos, and Baruuk), the entirety of the Lich Bundle, etc. I mean if you want to be upset at bundles this is a weird hill to die on.

And doing this as an event thing isn't even new considering everything Day of the Dead and the Solstice items. It's almost always been some free things from alerts plus a load of plat only market items.

Edit: Oh and lets not forget that the credit bundles, which are nearly as old as the game is, are still in the market. There were also the old mod lootboxes which weren't removed from the game that long ago that were also nearly as old as the game is. Nothing has changed with the release of these new bundles.

Putting your money where you mouth is (or rather not putting your money where your mouth isnt) is always a good idea so more power to you. The main thing I am annoyed by is that they are now selling rivens for plat directly (which I assume is a one time thing but still). Veiled rivens are basically lootboxes and I would like for games to not prey on people with a weakness for gambling.

35 minutes ago, SolZeroOne said:

Did your business model change since Christmas?

"Celebrate a new year by giving us money for things you used to be able to earn as rewards during previous events."

...and none of the bundles include anything from the previous bundle.

Blessing and Fortune Bundle - 130 Platinum
1 decoration.
...and items you can get by doing missions/sorties.

Start Anew Bundle - 185 Platinum
Does NOT include items from the previous bundle.
2 skins and a decoration.
...and MORE items you can get by playing the game.

Luminous Brilliance Bundle - 470 Platinum.
Doesn't include anything from the previous 2 bundles.
3 DIFFERENT Weapon skins for LOWER TIER weapons.
...and more things you can unlock by simply playing the game.

In order to collect every skin and statue available, it is 785 PLATINUM.
In order to purchase that much, it's $50USD.

----
----
----

During previous events, bundles and collections like this were REWARDS for completing holiday events of increasing difficulty.

This is kinda' messed up... and I think I'm done financially supporting DE with Platinum Purchases.

I'm disappointed, DE...
Very much so...

What happened to you?

Did you ever saw Day of the Dead bundles?

This thing exists since the beggining of the game. But now you think its too much?

Spoiler alert, if you don't want to buy it, you don't have to, it literally doesn't affect you in any way. 

18 minutes ago, Drachnyn said:

The main thing I am annoyed by is that they are now selling rivens for plat directly (which I assume is a one time thing but still).

But still what? Again, you said it yourself, it's a cosmetic bundle that you can only buy once and it comes with some extra goodies. Now if you could buy it multiple times then yes I'd agree with you.

I don't know, what is the plat price of weapon skins normally? I haven't bought a lot of those.

Though I will say it's an odd choice spending time on skins for less popular weapons, for their own sake.

Hydroid/banshee skin bundle for easter?

What are the chances anyone using those exact weapons, out of everything.

I'd go with something more popular and sell skins individually and then at reduced cost if you bought the pack.

From what I remember warframe skins are usually under 200 plat, so I don't know how much I would pay for a weapon skin.

While the bundles are overpriced and I wish you could purchase the decorations seperately and get multiple of them, this is still miles better than the real money bundles they have sold and are selling.

I'd rather pay an extra bit of plat than being hit with a "real money only, no funbucks platinum here kiddo :)"

I just want to play something, anything. 

All DE did in the last year of "events" is glorified shops,
while they took away all special game modes. 

Forget about this, now the Chinese Overlords bought the studio
Warframe will become another shell of a game designed for
minimal gameplay, with inflated grinding and plastic cheap 
cosmetics on a monthly rotation. 

vor 10 Minuten schrieb (XBOX)Shodian:

Spoiler alert, if you don't want to buy it, you don't have to, it literally doesn't affect you in any way. 

But still what? Again, you said it yourself, it's a cosmetic bundle that you can only buy once and it comes with some extra goodies. Now if you could buy it multiple times then yes I'd agree with you.

I would say it's a bad precedent. The game industry has shown many times that it will absolutely keep pushing on things it got away with. Making noise about it is a good idea as is stopping to spend money if you dont like the product. It always feels to me that many people will complain about one change or another and how it makes the game so much worse but then happily forget all that when the next prime access drops.

The bundles themselves don't bother me, whatsoever. It's, however, definitely peculiar, considering the fact that it's unusual for their MO to sell varied items in tiered packages. Compare it to last year's Lunar Year event that sold nothing but a themed Glyph for one single Credit. They certainly, and obviously, tend to improve upon their formula over the years, hence why I had expected an Alert of sorts, or something along those lines. - But it seems like they're pandering to their new business partner, and it's what I had feared for the future of Warframe. I could be wrong, although my standards are definitely lowered for what's to come. It's painstakingly evident in other companies that Tencent owns, justifying all my fears. I'd hate to support them, even though I still thoroughly enjoy this game, but I'm undoubtedly withholding my hand from now on.

I was about to buy the tier 3 bundle, cause I have money enough. But that would mean supporting the "event", and I'm not comfortable with it to be honest. Earn the glyph by doing a mission? Sure, why not. But buying a bundle that has kuva and rivens as a bait and justification for spending 470 platinum? Nope. Its not the kind of things I'd like to see in Warframe so I'm not buying it DE. I will have to wait to the new deluxe skin to spend my platinum. 

I don't know.... free 20 million kuva... ah wait will have to spend the plat.

185 bundle 1k bundles but the 470 bundle is not worth since it has a lower rate of kuva compared to the 185, only if the 470 was like 60k kuva per it would be few mill more than the 185.

If the bundles are re-buyable and this is the future might become more P2W, P2P (Pay to Play/skip the grind) if you can straight up buy kuva. If you cant buy more than 1 of the same bundle then yeah it's not Pay to Win/Skip the grind but if it is then ye kinda, there are always those whale players in any game. Someone might hop on that train and buy 50m kuva lol. Pretty sure it is not smart to do such a thing *unless* you can buy a few tens of millions of kuva then you can rolls some rivens and at the end make more profit if you just roll the *meta* weapons and get decent stats and sell for profit it will equal out or gain profit, or even lose who knows bc I dont.

Weird that we are able to buy kuva, cant remember if it ever was buyable with plat in some other way than actually farming for it.

Invest Stock Market GIF

Edit: Been told it's a 1 time buy, but still eh don't be surprised in the future. Also entirely a meme ^ don't take anything I say seriously 90% of the time. Sucks that you do have to buy all 3 of them tho an that the skins just aren't alerts.

Edit: First 130p bundle is re-buyable maybe been told someone tried and bought it twice F.

5 hours ago, Drachnyn said:

The main thing I am annoyed by is that they are now selling rivens for plat directly (which I assume is a one time thing but still).

Why do you think it's a one-time thing?  Genuinely curious.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to think so too, and I hope you give me reason.   I'm just not sure why they'd operate as if it's a vile idea any other time, but hey, this Lunar New Year it's ok.

11 hours ago, SolZeroOne said:

I think I'm done financially supporting DE with Platinum Purchases.

You guys buy plats to "financially support" DE?

Like... buying some gamer girl's bath water to financially support her?

I gave money to DE cuz i want some item.

If i don't like the item I don't give money to DE.

==================

My brothers... you are not obligated to give money to DE, feel good when the items are cool and feel bad when the items suck. They're not going to go out of business the moment you stop giving money to them, in a matter of act when you stop buying crap items it'll show up on their data that players want good items.

I agree this is a great chance to exercise "putting your money where your mouth is". You don't get suck items, and DE will learn to release more good items as their sales numbers drop.

Also... a humble advice from one man to another: don't give money to uwu girls on discord, sorry to break this up but you will never be her boyfriend.

I thought Baruuk Mandala being bundle exclusive was a mistake, an oversight. I didnt want to skip the grind, but I did. Whatever.

When the Lavos transmutation probe decoration appeared bundle exclusive, I wasnt sure anymore. I waited for a statement from DE, maybe they would make a change after the holidays. But time passed.

This time its a little different, but I see the general direction the devs have chosen.

Archived