Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Designing Orbiter/Dojo Decorations

JynnAndTonic

One of my biggest gripes in Warframe is the Orbiter decoration selection is pretty... sparse. And very expensive. Paying 30 plat for a floating houseplant just rubs me the wrong way, but even worse is the fact that it's tiny and relatively bland. One stack of Fortuna meal cans doesn't fill out an Orbiter, or make it feel like a proper home for the Tenno to return to after a long day saving the universe.

So I've taken it upon myself to design a whole bunch of Orbiter/Dojo decorations, mostly furniture based. I'll be adding to this post regularly, probably putting links to the future art into the replies and the actual images in this body post, I dunno.

BEDS

Let's start it out with my biggest gripe: beds. The operator has been sitting in that space pod for... centuries? They probably have a terrible tension headache and a serious crick in the spine. Why not add a nice comfy bed to their personal quarters, overlooking the big window into the space for them to sleep in? They deserve a proper rest.

As for the Somachord thingy, why don't you put it in the console opposite of the Nightwave? That way you can have both your radios in one spot, the space gets used, and you can still have the lil' dancing Octavia floating above the light in the console.

OSTRON BED - "Cetus Comfort"

fNxqBCZ.png

Colour concepts - I'm thinking the orange banner and the white & red striped vendor rugs, baseboard made from those stone slabs with red Ostron painted designs, with the gold accents for the metal frame. Dusty tan sheets or warm greys, keep it simple.

VOX SOLARIS BED - "Rest Period" - Added 18/02/2021)

DKAMe0R.png

Colour concepts - The blanket is supposed to be like a repurposed tarp. Probably a lot of dull blues and dark greys for colours, maybe a splash of orange or purple if you're feeling feisty.

GRINEER BED - "Nightwatch" - Added 02/04/2021

hcFDwR0.png

Colour concepts - Dark red and dull gray, especially for the Kuva braid. Maybe incorporate some of the dark, unsaturated purples the actual Nightwatch Corps units use to keep with the name's theme.

CLUTTER

Stickii Notes - Credit to kapn655321 for original idea - Added 25/02/2021

bueF1zn.png

Something I would love is stationary that you can leave notes on. Whether by interacting or text being visible, either would help. Leave yourself a farming list, desired mods, wallpaper your ship 1 tile at a time.. would be super easy for them to make, customize, and market for practical decor. Maybe small books, scrolls, tomes, bookshelves, banners, etc. I made a forum post about this a year or so ago.

Spoiler

Great art, btw! I love the idea and designs.

32 minutes ago, kapn655321 said:

Something I would love is stationary that you can leave notes on. Whether by interacting or text being visible, either would help. Leave yourself a farming list, desired mods,

Yo this game called minecraft has an ingame feature like this and i love it

That would be interesting to see in warframe haha

I think even better idea for the farm list though is for DE to let us select an item we want to farm for and have waypoints to guide us there, 

For example say i wanted ti build a weapon snd it requires ferrite, id simply select the weapon and it would place a special icon on all the planets that give ferrite. Once you have enough, it would place an icon on your foundry letting you kmow youre ready to craft

But none the less, cool ideas both of you

@JynnAndTonic really like the bed idea! Furniture could help breath a little more life into the game if that makes since. Its no secret that people want it too, Especially if its usable like giving you a proper sit and lie down animatiin, look at peoples dojos

8 hours ago, kapn655321 said:

Something I would love is stationary that you can leave notes on. Whether by interacting or text being visible, either would help. Leave yourself a farming list, desired mods, wallpaper your ship 1 tile at a time.. would be super easy for them to make, customize, and market for practical decor. Maybe small books, scrolls, tomes, bookshelves, banners, etc. I made a forum post about this a year or so ago.

Reveal hidden contents

Great art, btw! I love the idea and designs.

Thats a great idea! I'm working on a Fortuna bed design rn, but when I branch out into other clutter decorations, do you mind if I add that to the sheet?

2 hours ago, JynnAndTonic said:

do you mind if I add that?

Go for it! My thought was, how hard could it be to make textures like different types of paper and make them inter-actazble? From there into stacks, into binder/folders, into books, onto bookshelves. So long as someone takes the idea and runs with it, I don't mind at all.

I dont how ever have a drawing or a picture but like ayatans cant you guys run a lava lamp concept with kuva so like the stars for ayatans but for lava lamps you could find like worm type things and you could also have the lava lamp once full has worms swimming inside it you know everybody would run that it would also be a great new way for kuva and also to interact with the kuva queen would love to hear your response 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived