Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lua Puzzles

Guistruction321

Question

12 answers to this question

7 minutes ago, Doom_Gaming said:

iirc thats just a hallway but more pictures would help
been a while since on lua or warframe

What they said, either that’s an empty hallway, or it’s the power drift room, where there are four blue orbs embedded in the walls in a circular shaped room. If it is the power drift room, you’ll just need to charge the orbs by standing close while you have energy and it’ll siphon it with a blue beam of energy. Once all four are charged (within a time frame, the charge does decay) the center of the room will open into a spiral staircase. 

33 minutes ago, Guistruction321 said:

So, I have been running Lua so that I could get the drifty mods and forma when i came across a strange puzzle that wasn't in the wiki. it has the banners of a Lua puzzle but I can't make heads or tails of it. What do you do here?

iIU1ybDpdjs5C2p9WhZj8x_HILMWfxCDldITW-lL0RNWTXN3pi73LxkPMBfNt27dyyhQq98U3UbeE-qetfV3zNtbuAqv_-asENTUOcbw2q6MtWKVI1EAQDwza0mK9Se7TaCm774d

If I'm correct, where you are standing is an open area with some drops in the floor and the entrance behind you was through a break in the wall.  If so, this is not a puzzle, it's just a connector tile.

Lua so badly designed, nobody know where or what the puzzles are without wiki. Lua so badly designed, somebody thought an empty hallway as a puzzle.

Pretty good poem eh? No need to feel embarrassed OP, I've seen free indie steam games that are better designed than lua. 

No. Terrible poem.

Also, the Lua tileset is meant to be a broken down pile of crumbling ruins. It fits its theme. And they are called puzzle rooms, not "spell it out for you rooms".

I agree that there are places where DE should provide more instruction, but answering puzzles for us is not something they should do. Go buy a crossword puzzle book, flip to the last page, say you solved all the puzzles. Does that feel good?

Spoiler

feels star trek GIF

35 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

No. Terrible poem.

Also, the Lua tileset is meant to be a broken down pile of crumbling ruins. It fits its theme. And they are called puzzle rooms, not "spell it out for you rooms".

I agree that there are places where DE should provide more instruction, but answering puzzles for us is not something they should do. Go buy a crossword puzzle book, flip to the last page, say you solved all the puzzles. Does that feel good?

Reveal hidden contents

feels star trek GIF

You know i love you but this time we're just gonna have to agree to disagree, lil.

I'm a fan of puzzle in videogames and analyze them in my free time. I dissect elements from historical games that helped shaped puzzles in videogames like old resident evils, to implementation of puzzles in action-oriented games like the original god of wars, to more modern classics like portal. I can start writing a full thesis right now explaining about how most design elements and mechanics in lua goes against common practice (the right practice) of puzzle designing in videogames, but we shouldn't take that route.

You like lua puzzles? more power to you. I'll drink for your health, and mine. Cheers!

Archived