Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Telos Boltace on PVP

WeoroldWuldor

Agreed! The conclave community has been asking for this nerf for a very long time (I think more than 1.5 years). For some reason, the devs simply don't want to change it. I don't understand their logic, but nevertheless it's very clear that they do not want to change this.

Just now, JimmuTanno88 said:

Indeed, but for some reason DE continually refuses to fix almost any bugged weapons in conclave. It would be nice if they would address the shotgun bugs as well.

Pretty much since its introduction it is (was?) the purview of a couple folks who were assigned to keep an eye on it as an extremely low priority. That "some reason" is that it is not of any great concern at all.

I think its more of they do not hold any interest in doing conclave in any form atm then them refusing to fix conclave stuff since they have a lot of PvE projects (which the majority of Warframe players actually play) to focus on atm. I think this was the case ever since they pulled the 2 employees they had working on conclave to help with Deimos/New War. I would assume they switch to corpus railjack now then maybe Duviri paradox.

12 hours ago, BloodKitten said:

just put conclave skins for steel essecnes so DE can just remove it from the game

I not think DE need remove conclave, the game needs a pvp but need to be friendly with all players. I want be clear, any competitive/pvp videogame, have friendly mechanics for newbies, and if you want keep playing and waste hours in that videogame, you can also learn the most advanced and hardest mechanics, overwatch, rainbow six, csgo, even mobas, pretty much any comp videogame:

Overwatch: Bastion,  soldier, junkrat -  are you an advanced player? , try tracer genji widow

CSGO: Shotguns, P90 - are you advanced player?, try ak7, m4, awp or eagle

Dota: Sniper, Wk, lifestealer, viper (and in dota its the hardest videogame i ever played, you need literally 3k hours just to understeand the game in a decent level) are you advanced player?, try meepo, invoker, brewmaster, arc warden

Also in conclave: Dont even try use tigris prime, atlas or any cheese weapon (there are many more) when there are some of those 20 conclave players in your match, they will harrass you the whole match and you are forced to quit, even if you not kill nobody because you know, you are newbie, with 200 ping ..

Resuming: Warframe needs PVP, and many players already had the idea of necramech vs necramech gamemode, like titanfall.  and actually its a good idea, since mechs are slow, tanky, and just sounds friendly for everyone.

On 2021-02-17 at 11:05 PM, BloodKitten said:

just put conclave skins for steel essecnes so DE can just remove it from the game

I think this is not the right idea. 

Warframe devs work mostly (only) on PvE, and it's a common theme among Warframe players' complaints that the game doesn't really have good balance. Of course, this is because most challenges are trivialized due to loadout selection, and generally the most time-efficient method is to use some AOE method (explosives or melee or abilities) to just spam over and over again until the mission is completed as fast as possible. 

Other games work on both PvE and PvP, and balance their game based on the feedback from both. For example, if a game has several classes, weapons, and interactions, then players will complain if one class, weapon, or interaction is overpowered in PvP (generally people don't complain as much about overpowered things in PvE). This feedback is helpful in making a larger variety of weapons and classes viable and efficient in PvE also.

Neglecting PvP entirely is possible, but will lead to a lack of proper feedback. So yes, in a way you're right. DE can continue on their current course: Make melee (and other AOE) weapons absurdly overpowered so everybody can spam E (or click) to beat the entire game (including steel path) with no risk or challenge. Scrap PvP, just make the entire game a circus of overpowered players with no challenge remaining whatsoever. 

Of course, they still need to monetize. So the only possibility left is to focus almost entirely on cosmetics. Hence the "fashion frame is endgame" meme. Is anybody surprised that all the promised gameplay content is put on hold for years while they pour more dev time into various deluxe skins and orbiter decorations? 

Personally, I don't give a damn about the stupid conclave skins. Hell, give them for free to all the players for all I care. But it's really sad to see the game's potential go down the drain as the devs continue to make the most efficient gameplay style be the one that works best while watching TV. To be fair, I think the devs are caught between a rock and a hard place. They had a vision early on which was really awesome, but they made some bad choices and lost all the players who cared about challenge. Then they were left with "grind mentality" and "completionist" players who didn't want challenge, they just wanted to beat the game by collecting things, not by becoming better at the game. Ultimately, you make the game your community wants, not the game you want to attract a better community. I'm sure the devs are not happy about this state of affairs, but they don't have a choice anymore. My heart goes out to them, but in the end it happened because of their decisions. 

I'm not surprised that Warframe's current community is opposed to PvP. In fact, it's the obvious conclusion of DE's decisions. 

On 2021-02-18 at 6:41 AM, JackHargreav said:

Nice. I might get that weapon to make conclave a joke so I have an easy time getting to max rank.

Yes! Try first with telos boltace. You'll get some easy kills and even knock some players off the map entirely [forcing them into a 2 minute respawn cycle, yikes!]. It will be fun for a bit. After that, try with other weapons. You might find that you actually enjoy it instead of the win-simulator that is PvE Warframe! Don't get me wrong, I enjoy PvE too. But Conclave is the only place where skill (beyond "choosing the right loadout in the arsenal") matters. Let me know what you think about conclave after trying it!

On 2021-02-18 at 11:41 AM, JackHargreav said:

Nice. I might get that weapon to make conclave a joke so I have an easy time getting to max rank.

It’s what i did to max that out. Run that and a tigris prime and you can just stun them and then shoot them (or smack them with the t-boltace) and get easy kills. 

I’m not proud of using such a dirty strategy, but i just wanted to max the conclave rank out and get it out of the way so i can say that i’ve done that and move on to more enjoyable aspects of the game. Plus when most people tend to run that loadout for easy conclave cheesing, or simply the t-boltace itself, you kinda need to use it to even be able to beat them, unless you’re like, really skilled at conclave with a loadout that doesn’t feature the t-boltace

Archived