Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where Is The Best Place For Neurodes Farming?

Karga

Question

Lephantis!!!!!!

You must use a Slow Nova...only way it works efficiently.

4 opportunities for the drop. Also drops Orokin.

Takes about 5 minutes if you have halfway decent weapons.

You're basically looking at 1 clip per head (as a squad). It's pretty rare that the first 3 heads go under once.

Second to that...Alad V. Mod for Iron Skin strength/efficiency with marathon/stamina recharge/stamina capacity. Burn to the end, Drop Alad, Drop dog, extract. Drops 2 at a time.

Cyath i believe. If you really care about neurodes alone go Cyath with Ember and Carrier(in a pug) or Wyrm if solo.

1) 1-4 neurodes for a run

2) kill count if it matters to you. only another ember can outkill you on Cyath.

I would also suggest to run mission solo if you can: Torid, Acrid, Carrier.

You will make ~700-750 kills for a run, in party of two you can make 1000-1200. However if you don't have a guy in your friendlsit who will agree to run Cyath with you, doing Cyath in pugs will most likely result in less kills because there are a lot of dumb players who have no idea how to play MD properly.

side note: less kills = less drop chance of everything.

yeah another thing: for some reason Cyath have high enough chance of a drop of Rare 5 core. Maybe because of general killcount or level of mobs don't know.

Edited by Althix

Cyath i believe. If you really care about neurodes alone go Cyath with Ember and Carrier(in a pug) or Wyrm if solo.

1) 1-4 neurodes for a run

2) kill count if it matters to you. only another ember can outkill you on Cyath.

I would also suggest to run mission solo if you can: Torid, Acrid, Carrier.

You will make ~700-750 kills for a run, in party of two you can make 1000-1200. However if you don't have a guy in your friendlsit who will agree to run Cyath with you, doing Cyath in pugs will most likely result in less kills because there are a lot of dumb players who have no idea how to play MD properly.

side note: less kills = less drop chance of everything.

yeah another thing: for some reason Cyath have high enough chance of a drop of Rare 5 core. Maybe because of general killcount or level of mobs don't know.

thank you althix that was great advise!

Well, the survival mission on earth:

Bring a Rhino with a gram.

Keep up iron skin at all times and start swinging your melee weapon.

A decently upgraded gram can one hit kill most of the grineer and you can literally melee your way through the mission

Its hard enough to farm neurodes. i have been running councilor vey hek so many times its almost boring. its takes 15 runs to get 5 , are there any more interesting and faster ways to farm neurodes?

Infestation Survival on Mars/Eris.

This is just a complementary to the other posts (this thread is old, but I think somewhat still relevant) : it doesn't solve the "I need Neurodes now" problem, but may help to maintain an income of Neurodes in the long run.

Distilling Extractor on Earth/Eris.

Earth seems to drop more for me.

For reference, here is a sample of my records of Neurodes Drop from Extractors from end of May to now (Instead of always claiming that extractors are worth it, I decided to keep actual records)

I harvest then 1-2 times a day (Distillers takes 8 hour cycles)

Neurodes x4 @Earth 2015/05/29
Neurodes x4 @Eris  2015/06/04
Neurodes x4 @Earth 2015/06/09
Neurodes x4 @Earth 2015/06/13
Neurodes x4 @Earth 2015/06/18
Neurodes x4 @Earth 2015/07/03
Neurodes x4 @Earth 2015/07/09
Neurodes x4 @Earth 2015/07/10
Neurodes x4 @Earth 2015/07/22
Neurodes x4 @Eris  2015/07/27
Neurodes x4 @Eris  2015/08/07
Neurodes x4 @Eris  2015/08/10

Summary:

duration: ~ 83 days

average Neurodes per day :  ~ 0.5 (or ard 1 every 2 days)

average Neurodes per day (Earth) :  ~ 0.3 (or 1 every 3.5 days)

average Neurodes per day (Eris) :  ~ 0.2 (or 1 every 5 days)

Disclaimer: this is for me only. I don't know if I am lucky or unlucky since I have never compared statistics with other players.  So whether extractors are "worth it" or "worthless", I let each judge for him/herself.

Edited by smithf