Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Star Days: Hotfix 29.8.1

[DE]Rebecca

12 minutes ago, WeoroldWuldor said:

This is a simple issue that could be fixed just by a few lines of code. We are paying for this game and it is our right to have at least this.

So, I don't believe that you've played warframe for a long time.  Why should be apparent from the responses you got, but let me be clear.  DE doesn't fix a lot of things quickly.  "A few lines of code" could either be fixed tomorrow if it's an "exploit," or in eight months if it's not important to DE.  If you want a very recent example, let's discuss the corpus ship tileset rework last year, and the almost year long effort to get them to not have things spawn outside of map boundaries.

Likewise, if DE doesn't see immediate results for things they occasionally just let them rot.  Case in point, Archwing.  The geezers amongst us might remember a star chart with a lot more missions, and those astute amongst us will find single nodes on the star chart for things.  Yes, some of us remember the archwing chase, the armor eating node for Nidus parts, and even the suggestion that the lacrosse style Lunaro arm piece would become a weapon.

If it isn't clear, PvP in warframe is not in a healthy state.  You're more than welcome to like or dislike it, but that entitles you to nothing.  If DE makes you angry the best thing you can do is to not buy platinum and not play the game.  As with every other company offering a service, you're only entitled to what is promised.  Read through the ToS you probably clicked through and ignored upon setting up an account.  DE literally promises nothing....and that's what we're entitled to.  What we should expect is a product which is commensurate with what we pay.  What all of this feedback is about is not getting what we paid for, but about telling DE what to make so we want to pay them.  If they decide otherwise our course of action is to simply log off....and plenty of people do that.

8 minutes ago, Hobie-wan said:

Oh you sweet summer child.

Sweet sweet summer child.

So, the condescending tone here is grating.  As in you could have put this in a much less combative tone.  I'll note that saying this is a bit ironic coming from me, but I try not to immediately assume someone is a bit slow on the uptake because their opinion differs from mine.

I may agree that PvP is a non-starter in warframe as it is now.  That said, it doesn't have to be.  There was a wonderful time years ago when DE listened to its small and dedicated player base.  That time is long gone, and it wasn't all smiles and sunshine.  Dying because you fell off of the level because of an AoE slam is still a stupid idea.  This said, maybe explaining yourself will give someone else some perspective they might not consider, rather than simply trying to belittle another.

yesterday i was doing an isolation vault and was in my necramech and went up to the vault door while my team was doing the code and was going to get out of the mech, and i somehow glitched into the vault before it was opened, and i could break all the boxes and get all the loot before they did the code. are you guys working on that bug?

3 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

So, the condescending tone here is grating. 

I made 3 posts before that which were reasoned answers to their posts. They chose to ignore reason. Then they pulled the "It's so easy to fix" cliche out of their hat and followed it up with "But I'm a paying customer I have rights". Now just maybe I'm a bit cranky because my power has been up and down, my heat isn't working when I do have power, and since there's no running water I haven't been able to shower in 4 days, but I stand by my snarky post.

8 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

I may agree that PvP is a non-starter in warframe as it is now.

Most non strategy PVP has only a handful of weapons to worry about and the player differences are usually just cosmetic. Trying to balance the hundreds of frames and weapons in the game for PVP is a losing battle, especially with new items arriving all the time.

1 hour ago, FSK41 said:

i am not DE but the people who say he is bad or needs buffs probably have no idea how to play him. 

I don't know about buffs but some tweaks, yes.

- don't turn run after Vial rush

- redo imbuing (you make wrong choice you have to use ability; this way you can just change elements)

- don't forget elements after a cast

If they changed only first I would be fine. It's very annoying for infused Vial rush.

2nd happens from time to time but it's not crucial. Third... some people want it but I'm fine without it.

1 hour ago, Pixzia said:

Stat boost should not be tied to cosmetics. They should just leave them as relics of an older time. 

Something not very big would be ok.

1 hour ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

The Arcane Scorpion Helmet Blueprint will run it’s store life span, at which time the new Operator Wolf Hood will take its intended place in future rotations.

Please no, Give us the arcane helmets ;-; Its not a broken thing and its really a playtesting and fun aquisition

1. since you nerf khora sometimes you can´t even hit enemies in front of you with wipclaw and causes random staggers

2. give us the option to remove auto exposure and vignette effects they suck 

3.give us the option to keep the crystal armor on the gara kaleida skin or even better make the armor stand alone, and add the wings to the syandana

4.give us the option to keep xaku body on, the skeleton and the running animation look too dumb

5.you haven´t fix any of this textures  https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1226120-ugly-dirty-and-weathered-textures/page/3/#comments

Spoiler

2020-09-16-13-07.png

here are some photos of nyx before (small pic) and after, can´t be more clear that the textures were changed to look worst

Spoiler

2021-01-17-23-50.png

Spoiler

2021-01-17-23-50-01.png

6.wisp "walking" sound not working

7. gauss feet are bug

8.nikana zaw holster style is bug

9.now that you kill steel essence farm, can you rollback the survival AI enemies just stand doing nothing 

10. broken acolyte spawn on kuva survival steel path

11.the trash light and reflections make the game look like plastic

this is from jupiter

Spoiler

2021-01-24-22-45-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-24-22-45.png

Spoiler

2021-01-24-22-52.png

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1246343-next-gen-light-and-reflection-makes-everything-look-like-plastic/?tab=comments#comment-12016222

12. metallic materials look like trash if you use darker color, whats the point of selling color palettes if changing color mess the materials

Spoiler

2021-01-19-01-00-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-19-01-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-19-01-01-01.png

and a lot of metallic textures have the same problem

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-08.png

Spoiler

2021-01-17-23-59-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-12.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-13-01.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-16.png

Spoiler

2021-01-18-00-17-01.png

lets compress the textures into oblivion what could possibly go wrong?

Fixed a crash occurring if you quickly hit Escape twice after choosing a new Glyph for a Glyph Display Decoration in the Dojo.

There is only about a million other more important bugs. But great job on fixing this one. 

1 hour ago, [DE]Saske said:

"This item was actually meant to be a brand new Operator cosmetic, Operator Wolf Hood."

Okay, new cosmetic, that's cool. As one of the mad folk that farmed Saturn Six Mask before Wolf even had a dedicated boss node, I know we've been asking since it came out that Hood Opened let us wear it like Wolf does instead of it just disappearing. If Wolf Hood is just that, then hey, thanks! But if it's something else entirely, it'd still be appreciated if Saturn Six Mask's Hood Opened setting would let it appear how it should've looked from the start.

Star Days: Hotfix 29.8.1

Nightwave Arcane Helmet Clarification:
Nora Night’s latest Cred Offerings include the Arcane Scorpion Helmet Blueprint, a long retired item since Hotfix 13.2.3. This item was actually meant to be a brand new Operator cosmetic, Operator Wolf Hood, but the backend data got a little switched around. The Arcane Scorpion Helmet Blueprint will run it’s store life span, at which time the new Operator Wolf Hood will take its intended place in future rotations.

Nihil Boss Fight Rerun
Are you prepared to face Nihil once again, Tenno?

Nora Night’s Cred Offerings will provide both the Nihil Key and Oubliette required to face off against Nihil. Once you have acquired both, interact with the Oubliette Decoration to fight.

The Nihil Key grants you one fight against Nihil, at which you’ll need to acquire another Key to go again. Nora Night will offer the Nihil Key in her Cred Offerings periodically.

For those who did not originally fight Nihil during Glassmaker, using this Key route will grant you the Vitrica heavy blade. Tenno who have already acquired the Vitrica can enjoy an End of Mission Riven Mod reward! 

Look for the Nihil Key in next week's Cred Offerings!

Optimizations:

• Optimized stutters and hitches that could occur on low-end systems when arriving in a mission.
  • Made a few micro-optimizations to Dx12 rendering.
  • Made a micro-optimization to the rendering system.
  • Made a micro-optimization to abilities that move enemies (Vauban's Vortex etc).
  • Optimized memory footprint of large levels.

Fixes

• Fixed crash when switching to Archwing while imbuing an Element on Lavos.
  • Fixed a crash occurring if you quickly hit Escape twice after choosing a new Glyph for a Glyph Display Decoration in the Dojo.
  • Fixed a Description error that stated ‘Rifle Riven’ in the Luminous Brilliance Bundle vs ‘Kitgun Riven’. 
  • Fixed Excalibur Umbra falling through the map if Transference is used in certain places within the Cambion Drift. As reported here.
  • Fixed rare case of Ayatan Sculpture spawning inside geometry in the Grineer Fortress tileset. 
  • Fixed Eros Wings Ephemera not hiding for Clients. 
  • Fixed Kitgun sorting in the Arsenal when selecting by usage time.

Not fixed :

1. Ticker doesn't offer Familia Debt bond rewards.

2. On OV, if the host drops, your archwing gun defaults to a "no-mods" build. 

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixed a Description error that stated ‘Rifle Riven’ in the Luminous Brilliance Bundle vs ‘Kitgun Riven’. 

Thanks for the Hotfix, but how does this happen when even the main announcement clearly stated "Melee and Rifle"? This is what made so many players purchase the bundle in the first place, and I do not think it's fair for it to be addressed as a "Description error" when it doesn't look like it was. 

I do not mean to be rude, nor show any disrespect, but this doesn't feel right. 

bip5rP5.png

2 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixed a Description error that stated ‘Rifle Riven’ in the Luminous Brilliance Bundle vs ‘Kitgun Riven’. 

@[DE]RebeccaSo the Scam is official now? Even the Thread advertising the Bundles has been edited (without the User seeing it was edited) now displays the "proper" Zaw and Kitgun Rivens. Honestly... instead of just editing and hoping nobody will notice.. you should've said at least something like "Sorry Guys" but you decided to go it that kinda dirty way. Poor. Just Poor. On top, this doesn't fix the issue that I transmuted those Rivens with some proper Kitgun Rivens from Nightwave Reward (A Friend gave me both his "Rifle" from the Bundle and the proper Kitgun Riven from NW), got a new veiled Rifle Riven, which then turned into a Gaze AGAIN. Conclusion: It is not just the specific Rivens from the Bundle, but seems like every Riven that comes in touch with these is completely broken. The Rifle Riven I got from Iron Wake for 10 Riven Sliver worked pretty fine.

If it wasn't intended to be a Rifle and Melee but a Kitgun and a Zaw Riven, why did the original Post say so?

Just admit you messed up there. You can try to, but can't deny it. My Trust in You is really shocked. Sustainable.

Also I want a Refund.

Have a good day, kind Madam.

2 hours ago, Pixzia said:

Stat boost should not be tied to cosmetics. They should just leave them as relics of an older time. 

I agree with this sentiment in general, but in the case of Arcane Helmets I really don't mind. They're a piece of Warframe history, and they've already been balanced, in that their use takes up an Arcane slot. In practice it's virtually never worth it mechanically, an extra 5% in a power stat when you could be getting Energize or Grace or what have you. And none of the boosts are going to significantly change the game enough to make "fashion or function" a big concern or sacrficie in either direction. Like, extra speed as Rhino? If you need to go that extra 0.2 meters per second (and when do you ever), just play a faster frame, or Helminth-infuse a speed ability over Rhino Charge. 

13 minutes ago, SenorClipClop said:

If you need to go that extra 0.2 meters per second

They are a bit more powerful than "just 0.2 m/s". Anyway, IMHO the Arcane Helmets are kinda niche, and you just need them when you reaaally know what you are doing here.

Take my Loki for Example. I Subsumed "Rest & Rage" on it to Solo Stealth Adaro, and the Arcane Swindle Helmet gives me additional 15% Range, so technically in this specific context, my Loki w/ Arcane Helmet is more powerful than the Original Equinox. Could do the same with Mag with Arcane Coil Helmet.

Or have a look on Bullet-Jump Nyx. Awesome!

Looking forward to acknowledgement and a fix for blast procs (and by extension, Amalgam Furax Body Count), seeing as bugs such as that glyph-double-escape crash are being fixed and they have the same or even higher levels of difficulty in reproduction. (For context, see the post below.)

Regarding the hotfix, thank you for allowing the helmet to run its course - this is one helmet that many players didn't get even back in the day (due to its stat bonuses), so being able to flesh out that collection is a nice touch.

54 minutes ago, TinyMoonSleeps said:

Thanks for the Hotfix, but how does this happen when even the main announcement clearly stated "Melee and Rifle"? This is what made so many players purchase the bundle in the first place, and I do not think it's fair for it to be addressed as a "Description error" when it doesn't look like it was. 

I do not mean to be rude, nor show any disrespect, but this doesn't feel right. 

bip5rP5.png

I agree. It doesn't.

You got a melee and a rifle riven. Kitguns are practically a joke now, thanks to all the nerfs.

2 hours ago, FSK41 said:

thats no bug,if you kill only enemies with very low HP and someone else kills a heavy target he can easily get higher % damage done, the question is not how many enemies you kill its how much damage (in other words,how much HP) the enemies have.

Not even that. It counts all the damage inflicted. Including overkill. So frames like khora could show 90% of group damage without even kill many enemies at all.

Archived