Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Star Days: Hotfix 29.8.1

[DE]Rebecca

10 minutes ago, wirecard said:

They are a bit more powerful than "just 0.2 m/s". Anyway, IMHO the Arcane Helmets are kinda niche, and you just need them when you reaaally know what you are doing here.

Take my Loki for Example. I Subsumed "Rest & Rage" on it to Solo Stealth Adaro, and the Arcane Swindle Helmet gives me additional 15% Range, so technically in this specific context, my Loki w/ Arcane Helmet is more powerful than the Original Equinox.

First of all, that is an excellent Focus farming synergy.

Second, that's kinda the whole point I'm getting at. Warframe stats are mostly slapping percentages atop original values, and none of the Arcane helmets provide a very high (or low) percentage in any stat. What does the extra Range of an Arcane helmet add to Rest, an extra 0.8 meters of radius to the ~20m radius of a Range-maxed cast? In practice that might net you an extra enemy or two, occasionally, but the augment recasts Rest and you're already undetectable as an invis Loki anyways, so your stealth multi won't be at risk.

since the wings are going to be visably reduce 90% of the time and i hate film grain its REALY UGLY  so at this very point just remove them to be  invisible its better that way film grains wont be soo ugly   thats just my opinion i wish this change would be a togle   i can see the enemys right in front of me  im fine with my veiw  with full wings but i guess whats done is done  and nothing wont change and in the end its just my meaningless opinion to bad i wont see my wings 90% of the time  o well :( 

2 hours ago, Zerobotic said:

Every time there's a hotfix or update I cross my fingers for a fix to the "slow loading players can lose their ability to interact with anything in the orbiter if a squadmate is impatient with starting a new mission" bug, and I don't know why I bother. This is a game-breaking bug that affects every single mission I play, as a player with a slightly slower load time than most people - whether or not it happens after a given mission depends solely on whether or not I get stuck with impatient squadmates, and I have to gamble on that every time I play on public.

I wouldn't call those people impatient. If you don't know about this bug then you have no reason to think you're doing anything wrong by just queuing up the next mission ASAP (and not starting the countdown).

I agree with you otherwise though, this should be a high priority fix.

3 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Star Days: Hotfix 29.8.1

Nightwave Arcane Helmet Clarification:
Nora Night’s latest Cred Offerings include the Arcane Scorpion Helmet Blueprint, a long retired item since Hotfix 13.2.3. This item was actually meant to be a brand new Operator cosmetic, Operator Wolf Hood, but the backend data got a little switched around. The Arcane Scorpion Helmet Blueprint will run it’s store life span, at which time the new Operator Wolf Hood will take its intended place in future rotations.

Nihil Boss Fight Rerun
Are you prepared to face Nihil once again, Tenno?

Nora Night’s Cred Offerings will provide both the Nihil Key and Oubliette required to face off against Nihil. Once you have acquired both, interact with the Oubliette Decoration to fight.

The Nihil Key grants you one fight against Nihil, at which you’ll need to acquire another Key to go again. Nora Night will offer the Nihil Key in her Cred Offerings periodically.

For those who did not originally fight Nihil during Glassmaker, using this Key route will grant you the Vitrica heavy blade. Tenno who have already acquired the Vitrica can enjoy an End of Mission Riven Mod reward! 

Look for the Nihil Key in next week's Cred Offerings!

Optimizations:

• Optimized stutters and hitches that could occur on low-end systems when arriving in a mission.
  • Made a few micro-optimizations to Dx12 rendering.
  • Made a micro-optimization to the rendering system.
  • Made a micro-optimization to abilities that move enemies (Vauban's Vortex etc).
  • Optimized memory footprint of large levels.

Fixes

• Fixed crash when switching to Archwing while imbuing an Element on Lavos.
  • Fixed a crash occurring if you quickly hit Escape twice after choosing a new Glyph for a Glyph Display Decoration in the Dojo.
  • Fixed a Description error that stated ‘Rifle Riven’ in the Luminous Brilliance Bundle vs ‘Kitgun Riven’. 
  • Fixed Excalibur Umbra falling through the map if Transference is used in certain places within the Cambion Drift. As reported here.
  • Fixed rare case of Ayatan Sculpture spawning inside geometry in the Grineer Fortress tileset. 
  • Fixed Eros Wings Ephemera not hiding for Clients. 
  • Fixed Kitgun sorting in the Arsenal when selecting by usage time.

Am trying to farm conclave standing but I dont find any players,  can you guys for example make kdive races between players like a fun new mode in conclave 

Two questions-the feed the beast nightwave challenge is still bugged and I am waiting for it to get fixed before I continue using helimith and I already know this is a known issue so can I get some clarification on this because I want to be able to use the helminth system but I can't unless I miss out on nightwave standing. And was hoping it would get quickly fixed just as the arcane scorpion helmet was addressed here.

And secondly is the bug where if your warframe is staggered as soon as use transference you are locked out of a majority of functions a known issue and is there an eta on this bug that has been present for over a year? Since I have been pretty on top of posting about the latest developments towards it and other bugs that might be related to operator mode to the bug report forums only to have no response yet I have been seeing moderator activity over there so they should have at least noticed my threads over there. 

4 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:

Fixed Excalibur Umbra falling through the map if Transference is used in certain places within the Cambion Drift. As reported here.

This statement links to a bug report that has four replies and I have been trying to post in threads with over ten related to this bug hoping to get some sort of response to a fix incoming. 

1 hour ago, Tukka said:

I wouldn't call those people impatient. If you don't know about this bug then you have no reason to think you're doing anything wrong by just queuing up the next mission ASAP (and not starting the countdown).

I agree with you otherwise though, this should be a high priority fix.

Yeah, I didn't mean to sound quite as judgmental there as I might have, I mostly meant it as a shorthand word for "starting a new mission very quickly, before other players load in." 

That said, I've definitely run into plenty for whom it's a fair description anyway. I'll never understand why you can get in chat and politely ask people to wait just an extra few seconds so you can leave after your third invasion and they flat out refuse. 

5 hours ago, FSK41 said:

Can we get old enemy scaling back in some way?

Note: I do not care if I do not get a single item in return for fighting such enemies but here is an idea.

The Void has been meaningless for years, how about you add one of each ,,relevant'' mission types (disruption for example) and enable the old scaling ONLY in the void. Give the players a clear SIGN that this planet has old scaling (which means actual enemies) so they bring fully forma and good weapons instead of  their Mk1-Bo. 

Nobody farms for hours in the void,it is no hotspots for any meta farm whatsoever, therefore people are not likely to complain about their farms being suddenly harder than usual.

Just give us SOMEHOW the old scaling back in a small portion  at least

Or linear scaling, instead of exponential & S-curve. 

5 hours ago, [DE]Rebecca said:
  • Fixed Eros Wings Ephemera not hiding for Clients. 

I cant see the wings once i go in a mission near enemy, i go like 100meters away from the enemy and they still dont appear back, why just why you did this, i dont get it why would you give us wings and then they dont appear in game. If people complain that they dont wanna see them in game then why are they taking them in game thats just nuts i dont get it. Maybe just add some option in the arsenal under attachment how we wanna see it or dont wanna see it, but then why would you equip it in the first place if you dont like to see it🤷‍♂️

4 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

I made 3 posts before that which were reasoned answers to their posts. They chose to ignore reason. Then they pulled the "It's so easy to fix" cliche out of their hat and followed it up with "But I'm a paying customer I have rights". Now just maybe I'm a bit cranky because my power has been up and down, my heat isn't working when I do have power, and since there's no running water I haven't been able to shower in 4 days, but I stand by my snarky post.

Again, this is ironic escaping my lips.  Why engage then?   

-I say this, and immediately follow with "Ahh, understood now.  The objection is entirely reasonable then."

Personally, I find conclave junkies as a unique breed.  I may have my sticking points, but people still playing conclave today are...an entirely separate breed of hominid.  This sentiment may be shared by many about me, and I'm not dense enough to think otherwise.

6 hours ago, FSK41 said:

Note: I do not care if I do not get a single item in return for fighting such enemies but here is an idea.

The Void has been meaningless for years, how about you add one of each ,,relevant'' mission types (disruption for example) and enable the old scaling ONLY in the void. Give the players a clear SIGN that this planet has old scaling (which means actual enemies) so they bring fully forma and good weapons instead of  their Mk1-Bo. 

Nobody farms for hours in the void,it is no hotspots for any meta farm whatsoever, therefore people are not likely to complain about their farms being suddenly harder than usual.

People are still trying to get DE to make Warframe what it never was meant to be? Wasn't Steel Path created to satisfy you lot?

4 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Most non strategy PVP has only a handful of weapons to worry about and the player differences are usually just cosmetic. Trying to balance the hundreds of frames and weapons in the game for PVP is a losing battle, especially with new items arriving all the time.

...funny.  I say this, because the frames and weapons are only the front end of a huge back end issue.

Mathematically it's easy.  3 damage types, 10 elements, and void.  At least 2 shield types, 3 armor, and several health (my numbers might be off on these, but it's close enough for illustrative purposes).  You then break down weaponry generally into two categories (high damage, low speed or low damage high speed), and add on three categories for crit/status/hybrid functionality.

3*11*2*3*3*2*3 = 3564 degrees of freedom to balance for.  Sweet baby jebus.

It's really a rather silly number, but it definitely shows why most games only have 3 damage types and health/armor.  This gives them 3*2*2 (remember the straight damage or crit damage) or 12 degrees of freedom to balance for.

Yeah....warframe was never designed for PvP.  It's core design is too complicated for it, and the Rivens starting at 1 star is basically the casualty.  That said, DE is too stubborn to learn lessons.  This would be a great time to introduce unique modes like operator vs operator, or maybe mech battles.  That said, I know I couldn't wrap my head around 100+ degrees of freedom.  Lord knows even 5th dimensional space is difficult to conceive for those of us in the third dimension.

devs! ... excalibro umbra's in-out of operator is still broken :(

most of the times you are teleported back to very far point of the map, and not the position of the operator as it should.

( tho i didn't report it, cuz time and thought it was pretty obvious xD)

A bit sad cuz Excalibro is one of the few frames i actually enjoy playing with.

Also ... when is that " umbra mode" for all frames coming ... even if it's just along the lines of specters AI ... liches already do that, and they seem to work similarly to warframe?

Maybe creating that system made releasing the original idea of "sentient mode" for warframe more feaseable?

Maaaaaybe coming with tempestari and you didn't tell us ??? 0_0 I'll keep dreaming ( as Tennos do xD .... )

7 hours ago, FSK41 said:

Average CBT fan

vs

Average New Scaling Enjoyer

like bro just go to Steel Path Void.

12 minutes ago, IgnisWings said:

Average CBT fan

vs

Average New Scaling Enjoyer

like bro just go to Steel Path Void.

They have specifically mentioned the Void as an insufficient offering in that capacity. There is no lasting reason for anyone with the intent to farm for long periods (and not even struggle with it, might I add) or for anything in particular, because there isn't anything worth farming for there outside of fissures - and they don't do Steel Path scaling.

The issue is that the new scaling conforms better to low levels, while completely killing the challenge of higher levels. There's little reason why a middle ground can't be reached where the latter "S-Curve" is dialed up a little for the very high level enemies (say level 1000-2500+), as right now the difference between that point and 9999 isn't enough to consider the "challenge" worth it.

Archived