Jump to content

Let us buy TennoGen with Plat!


Recommended Posts

So as you all know plat is real money and it doesn't come from thin air and thus just make a conversion ratio and then let us buy tennogen with plat, is there any specific reason that this shouldn't be a thing?  as far as i know this not only increases sales and does no harm , so just let us buy tennogen with plat!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PurrrningBoop said:

reducing their income

Did you miss the conversion ratio part? put the right amount and boom nothing changed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Xikto said:

right amount

what is the right amount for plat bought with a discount?

13 minutes ago, Xikto said:

as far as i know

have you considered you might not know everything?

Edited by Rawbeard
  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Xikto said:

put the right amount and boom nothing changed.

Just now, Rawbeard said:

what is the right amount for plat bought with a discount?

haha, busted~ xD

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

what is the right amount for plat bought with a discount?

Well i am no game developer but i can tell you my 2 sense on the matter, first you run the calculations and find out the Average price of unit platinum (which you bet DE has done and does it all the time), and then just take the amount and convert the money to plat!

this unit price value can be easily gotten from dividing total platinum sold in a time frame (say a year) divided by t he amount of money received from selling plat

Edited by Xikto
Link to post
Share on other sites

But you agreed in the ToS that platinum has no monetary value:

Zitat
  1. FEES

Digital Extremes may charge fees to access and acquire certain game items or participate in Game activities on the Website and may allow the purchase of in-game “currency” that may be applied to the purchase of in-game items or activities ("Platinum") ANY APPLICABLE PLATINUM, FEES AND OTHER CHARGES ARE PAYABLE IN ADVANCE AND ANY UNUSED PLATINUM IS NON REFUNDABLE AND NONTRANSFERABLE, IN WHOLE OR IN PART, FOR ANY REASON. PLATINUM HAS NO MONETARY VALUE AND CANNOT BE REDEEMED FOR CASH. YOU ARE FULLY LIABLE FOR ALL CHARGES TO YOUR ACCOUNT, INCLUDING ANY UNAUTHORIZED CHARGES.


And since it not only involves DE, but also Steam and the Tennogen Creators you would need their support, too.
(That's one reason why the consoles get Tennogen items later)

Edited by Dark_Lugia
  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Xikto said:

Well i am no game developer but i can tell you my 2 sense on the matter, first you run the calculations and find out the Average price of unit platinum (which you bet DE has done and does it all the time), and then just take the amount and convert the money to plat!

Well it does not exactly work like that since plat has probably a super highly volatile value in term of money that would make tennogen artists income move around.

If you fix it to a certain amount then the opposite happens maybe someone will lose money in the end.

Long story short why do you want to buy tennogen with plat ?

If the conversion ratio is that simple just buy it with money no ?

Probably because you gain plat another way right ? Well thats the same reason why the ratio money2plat will move.

If you really like tennogen buy it with money it will get back to them directly and they will be able to continue giving us those.

Btw i wish it could be simple i would really like to buy tennogen with plat but its way more complicated than this sadly ;(

Edited by trunks013
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, trunks013 said:

Btw i wish it could be simple i would really like to buy tennogen with plat but its way more complicated than this sadly ;(

Worst case scenario, make the prices non fixed, and change them every now and then if needed.

The reason i don't want to pay money for tennogen is that i already have thousands upon thousands of platinum in my accounrd with literally 0 use for them, it's all money, and i am unable to convert my money to tennogen skin, since i have already spent the money on plat i would like to turn it into tennogen!

 

Also i have heard on console you can buy tennogen with plat, i am not sure if that's exactly how it works or if it's changed but that's a thing to consider!

Edited by Xikto
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Xikto said:

Worst case scenario, make the prices non fixed, and change them every now and then if needed.

The reason i don't want to pay money for tennogen is that i already have thousands upon thousands of platinum in my accounrd with literally 0 use for them, it's all money, and i am unable to convert my money to tennogen skin, since i have already spent the money on plat i would like to turn it into tennogen!

Yeah thats what we could call the "Programmer's Nightmare" its basicly a simple concept thats is extremely hard to apply.

Like when someone ask you to code something that seems simple but is in fact extremely hard to code. Like a random a true one ^.^ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Xikto said:

The reason i don't want to pay money for tennogen is that i already have thousands upon thousands of platinum in my accounrd with literally 0 use for them, it's all money, and i am unable to convert my money to tennogen skin, since i have already spent the money on plat i would like to turn it into tennogen!

Duuude, we know why you don't want to pay money for Tennogens. It is obvious.

 

And it is, in good part, why DE doesn't let you. Those plats are already paid for - DE already has the money. With Tennogens, DE is pressuring you to put new money into their pockets. Tennogen are an excellent way to get money out of the croud of players who are very good at farming-and-trading, too.

And everyone is capable of cooking up an half-arsed "but if they allowed us to buy Tennogen with plats they would increase sales and we would buy more plats and DE's profit would overall increase", because that is the sort of argument that a middle-school introduction to economics allows you to do. And while it is not an argument without merit, it's also an argument that's never going to convince DE.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Xikto said:

Also i have heard on console you can buy tennogen with plat, i am not sure if that's exactly how it works or if it's changed but that's a thing to consider!

This is true as console really has no other way of paying for Tennogen. While it is nice it also means we get stuff much later than pc, if we even get it at all. DE has to work out contracts/payment with individual Tennogen creators for us to even get their stuff since it's not just money paid for each specific item. Consoles also don't get plat on discount nearly to the same extent as pc as for us it's relegated to sales a couple times a year at best (far as PSN goes at least).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally agree. Tennogen with plat is better for both player and DE.

Player: could buy with platinum and not real money. Platinum could be taken with discount and trade, but everytime must be bought by someone at a certain point.

DE: a lot of platinum now will be needed for those item... the flow of real money in DE pocket... a huge maxi flow in DE pocket.

Everyone is happy!

Just for conversion idea: If a skin tennogen is 7€ just put a platinum price like you buy platinum with 75%, so high platinum price, but still buyable by anyone! 

 

Edited by MollAgdeduba
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MollAgdeduba said:

Totally agree. Tennogen with plat is better for both player and DE.

Player: could buy with platinum and not real money. Platinum could be taken with discount and trade, but everytime must be bought by someone at a certain point.

DE: a lot of platinum now will be needed for those item... the flow of real money in DE pocket... a huge maxi flow in DE pocket.

Everyone is happy!

Just for conversion idea: If a skin tennogen is 7€ just put a platinum price like you buy platinum with 75%, so high platinum price, but still buyable by anyone! 

 

Where is the TennoGen creator in this scenario? Player pays the plat for DE and then what, the creator gets nothing or is paid with plat that can't pay their bills or put food on their table?

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Leyvonne said:

Where is the TennoGen creator in this scenario? Player pays the plat for DE and then what, the creator gets nothing or is paid with plat that can't pay their bills or put food on their table?

that's the best part... there are millions of player that play warframe, and you think about those 5/10 player unhappy? Let me understand... you are a creator, right? Be payed with platinum for some in-game skin is enought. 99% of game pay with in-game money.

DE win, millions of player win, sone irrilevant number of creator lose. 

 

Edited by MollAgdeduba
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, MollAgdeduba said:

Totally agree. Tennogen with plat is better for both player and DE.

Player: could buy with platinum and not real money. Platinum could be taken with discount and trade, but everytime must be bought by someone at a certain point.

DE: a lot of platinum now will be needed for those item... the flow of real money in DE pocket... a huge maxi flow in DE pocket.

Everyone is happy!

Just for conversion idea: If a skin tennogen is 7€ just put a platinum price like you buy platinum with 75%, so high platinum price, but still buyable by anyone! 

 

Along with the Tennogen creators, you're also ignoring Steam, in it's current incarnation, Tennogen doesn't exist without the Steam Workshop. DE definitely can't pay Valve in plat, and players don't need to buy plat through Steam.

Literally the only way this will ever happen is if DE cuts Valve out, makes their own workshop, and then outright buys the rights to every single skin.

  

2 minutes ago, MollAgdeduba said:

that's the best part... there are millions of player that play warframe, and you think about those 5/10 player unhappy? Let me understand... you are a creator, right?

DE win, millions of player win, sone irrilevant number of creator lose. 

 

uhh.....

Edited by rapt0rman
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, rapt0rman said:

Along with the Tennogen creators, you're also ignoring Steam, in it's current incarnation, Tennogen doesn't exist without the Steam Workshop. DE definitely can't pay Valve in plat, and players don't need to buy plat through Steam.

Literally the only way this will ever happen is if DE cuts Valve out, makes their own workshop, and then outright buys the rights to every single skin.

Well this is something that "warframe marketing team" could discuss with "steam marketing team"... don't forget there are real people behind companies that have to do exactly this type of job. 

Since i've studied this type of "interaction", and i'm not a 12 years old that speack without knowing what i'm talking about, i can tell you that they could find something that give advantage to DE and to Steam too, just theyr will of do something like this matter (of course if contract creator-DE allow this, but usually companies take all the right on the content created).

So i change a sentence in my previous post in this one:

DE win, millions of player win, Steam win, sone irrilevant number of creator lose. 

Edited by MollAgdeduba
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, MollAgdeduba said:

sone irrilevant number of creator lose. 

100% of the Tennogen creators are the relevant number of creators. There REALLY would be no Tennogen without them. 

As an artist in general, I take direct offence to the statement. You can look into the business aspect as much as you want, but if that's your view on contracted/freelance artists, you're still speaking without knowing what you're talking about.

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, MollAgdeduba said:

that's the best part... there are millions of player that play warframe, and you think about those 5/10 player unhappy? Let me understand... you are a creator, right? Be payed with platinum for some in-game skin is enought. 99% of game pay with in-game money.

DE win, millions of player win, sone irrilevant number of creator lose. 

 

So much wrong with this, so much.

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see any issues with this. 

Something sells for say $5. just set the discounted plat rate as alternative, what ever that may be. Therefore it will still result in $5. 

Instead of playing the game and earning plat that could be used for everything in game, DE have set real money costs for these items. 

 

So fashion framing is got nothing to do with playing the game if you can just buy it. 

Edited by Jackdarsan
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MollAgdeduba said:

that's the best part... there are millions of player that play warframe, and you think about those 5/10 player unhappy? Let me understand... you are a creator, right? Be payed with platinum for some in-game skin is enought. 99% of game pay with in-game money.

DE win, millions of player win, sone irrilevant number of creator lose. 

 

That’s not how it works. Also, demeaning others only adds a warning point into your profile.

You have to make Valve, DE, Microsoft, Sony, and Tennogen Creators to agree with your petition. Good luck trying to convince any of them. 

Platinum has no monetary value. Their goal of creating skin is to make actual real life money. Take that away and you can say goodbye to Tennogen.

Edited by DrivaMain
  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...