Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Problem with the New Year Bundles

General_Durandal

I’m long time player, I have almost everything in game and tons of Plat, which I don’t know where to spend, but I will not support Devs of Free to play game, which gave me more then 7 years of daily entertainment, spare my money from not to buy other games, because my Greed is touching the skies. Bundles avoid Console players to use Coupons.

4 hours ago, Zimzala said:

I don't see Honda buys trying to make Lamborghini change prices.

No but that's because their a difference in quality of products. .. value for the dollar. ..   which has been my point the hole time. .. 

I'm not calling DE are scummy business,   but I am looking over their shoulders at Tencent with suspect eyes. ...

5 minutes ago, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 said:

No but that's because their a difference in quality of products. .. value for the dollar. ..   which has been my point the hole time. .. 

I'm not calling DE are scummy business,   but I am looking over their shoulders at Tencent with suspect eyes. ...

If you want to live with that 'feeling' - angst/trepidation/FUD/whatever - that's your prerogative.

If this was a public utility or any sort of 'life-service', I might be bothered to care about what the holding company does.

But it's not. It's a game. It's entertainment. 

Holding on to some vague 'fear' that the holding company might do something "I won't like" is simply a waste of energy to me, much like caring if a football team beats another or a corporation somewhere decides to stop selling some other form of entertainment.

Will I be sad I cannot play WF if I still want to at some point? Perhaps. I was sad when CoH shutdown and I was already pretty 'done' with the game, for example. Have not given NCSoft a penny since then, for example.

The reality is that GaaS games die or change significantly enough to no longer be the game an individual enjoys.

Why would I want to spend time or energy 'looking over my shoulder' about a video game holding company's actions?

How is that a positive way to spend time and energy, worrying if the thing I enjoy might evaporate? Too much drama for my entertainment.

I prefer to just play games and have fun with my free time, over trying to get people riled up about these things and I seriously think doing so is a huge waste of time and energy unless you do it right, like buying the company in question, gaining a controlling stock influence, or just plain going to work for the game/holding company to change/control these things.

I waste plenty of my time and energy on things others find questionable, so I understand form both sides. Just posting on forums like these is, in the opinion of most of my professional colleagues, for example, a huge waste of time and energy...

En 19/2/2021 a las 14:15, (PSN)SolarPhantom82 dijo:

I think your grossly misrepresentating the gamer in this case.  In a world of EA and for warframe now Tencent. . Gamers have watched their hobby get raped by greedy publishers over the last 10 to 5 years. ..  if gamers don't start dawning lines in the sand,  things will only get worse. .

So when players see a bundle which is so over priced.  Their not screaming poverty.    Their calling out the greed of it...   and they should. .  Those cats could and should of been in the alerts. .   We are celebrating Chinese new year right.!! .  So Celebrant by giving us MONEY.   

Again players aren't crying poverty.  Their calling out the greed of it. .  

Like you said , a company can deside to charge what they want.   But companys also trade on goodwill. ..   the more goodwill you lose   the less  the consumer will buy from you. .   Like how EA has gotten it's bad name. ...

THANKS finally someone said it

En 19/2/2021 a las 14:29, Zimzala dijo:

If you don't like what a game company does, that's fine, don't give them any money.

We've been doing this for years, look at us now bored of waiting the less bad thing, looking for small projects since the Indies have that spark that big companies decided to toss just for a better income.

What happened to the "for the players"? is that still a thing? because everybody seems to be doing this just to acomplish an agenda.

Wtf happened to our standards? why the players accept this kind of things like nothing? do you even care? when we switched from "I will have them all" to "Meh yOu CaNT hAvve EvryThIng"? No you wont just because everything is overpriced trash and saying that this is good or you don't care will result in more overpriced trash.

I understand DE needs plat cuz free game but this is bs, 2-3 years ago the most expensive pack was What Stalker?, now we have at least 3 with the same or higher price and the Kuva Lich Hunter collection cosmetics are exclusive of that pack.

I do care for the game as a player who want to play the god damn game, wtf is that of event shops or the rewards are in the market or the story is stuck for almost 2 years?! The people laughted for years at Warframe because is a farming simulator and excuse me but if I wanted to farm money to buy a overpriced skin I would do what Im already doing in the real life.

I don't say that Warframe needs to give everything free, how would a system like that will work? Idk, Im a player and not a developer for a reason but saying that I can't critize just for that is like saying I can't critize the food because Im no chef.

6 minutes ago, VoidArkhangel said:

I don't say that Warframe needs to give everything free, how would a system like that will work? Idk, Im a player and not a developer for a reason but saying that I can't critize just for that is like saying I can't critize the food because Im no chef.

Criticize them all day long if it makes you feel better.

I was specifically talking about accusing game companies of abusing consumers, vs the game company not producing what you would prefer at the price point you prefer.

It's not a matter of criticizing, it's matter of objectivity, level of hyperbole, and solid facts in said critique, for me.

As far as content, the game is created, like all games, by a core group of people, not 'the players', It's not a country where we all get a vote. It's an entertainment vehicle created to make a profit while, hopefully, being fun. 

I have read this thing about 'OMG, we lost our ...' in an attempt to get people to think they are somehow life-lazy or something for not going after a video game company with the same zeal and passion as they do over animal rights and the like. It's a tired, weak strategy.

Why? Because it's just a video game, not some social justice war. It's Entertainment.

Now, if you feel wronged as a consumer, the game maker has allocated a place where you can air your grievances.

This idea that WF is a magical place where each player (even those who pay nothing) get some 'vote' or 'say' in what happens it the game is simply not reality.

Thinking that what WF charges for things in the current marketplace of GaaS games is 'out of line', is also, IMO, not an objective POV.

One has the option to buy it or not, but trying to shame the company over pricing is silly, IMO/IME.

hace 22 minutos, Zimzala dijo:

Criticize them all day long if it makes you feel better.

I don't, what makes me feel better is to play games that are actually fun and in Warframe you get fun from {activity}, where {activity} is a NULL value.

Its not about price and bundles anymore is about playing the game and enjoying, a game is entretainment but others see them as a place to go when you want to forget about everything else, they aren't anymore. In Warframe you are this op being that is almost a god for some and the devil for others but that doesn't matter because you can't relate to anyone but other players and what happens when those players leave? you see how the game is a mess, nothing makes you want to play anymore because as I said:

hace 1 hora, VoidArkhangel dijo:

excuse me but if I wanted to farm money to buy a overpriced skin I would do what Im already doing in the real life.

And Im not shaming the company for overpricing, Im tired of seeing so much wasted potential. Look at the Naberus event, IT WAS A SHOP the thing that replaced Hallowed Nightmares is was a fricking shop, you could play three missions and already bought half of the shop. Look at this "event" is just like a souvenir store because the alerts only lasted 3 days and were just about the same.

Look at Orphix Venom, you could get almost everything just by playing the game and that is what I want to do and I can tell that Im not alone, a lot of players already said that they want to play the game but there is nothing to do and yet DE follows this:

hace 51 minutos, Zimzala dijo:

This idea that WF is a magical place where each player (even those who pay nothing) get some 'vote' or 'say' in what happens it the game is simply not reality.

To the point where I forgot what "hyped" means, nothing will come in one piece, nothing will come as I wanted and if it comes the way I wanted is overpriced, will change because reasons or is behind 50 layers of RNG.

And that brings me to my las point

hace 57 minutos, Zimzala dijo:

I have read this thing about 'OMG, we lost our ...' in an attempt to get people to think they are somehow life-lazy or something for not going after a video game company with the same zeal and passion as they do over animal rights and the like. It's a tired, weak strategy.

The players let that happen just because if the changes doesn't affect them they don't say a thing and when they realize what happene is too late and they don't need to go after the companies like complete animals but they need to keep the standards up. 

DE also needs to listen, to read the forums, of course there is no perfect thing that will like to everybody but there is certainly a point of balance and not looking for it is what makes a thing mediocre.

8 minutes ago, VoidArkhangel said:

The players let that happen just because if the changes doesn't affect them they don't say a thing and when they realize what happene is too late and they don't need to go after the companies like complete animals but they need to keep the standards up. 

DE also needs to listen, to read the forums, of course there is no perfect thing that will like to everybody but there is certainly a point of balance and not looking for it is what makes a thing mediocre.

Bold Mine.

Again, if you want to be a 'gaming social justice warrior' that's fine and all, but trying to shame the rest of us into it is silly.

That's exactly what the bolded part sounds like, IMO, as if the Evil Game Secret Police are going to come for me or something. Over The Top Hyperbole.

It's just a video game. Just entertainment. Not a Significant Other. Not a 'relationship'. Just a video game.

If DE makes a product enough people like and support, then they will continue to be successful, if not, oh well, that's life. That's how a marketplace works.

These people are just artists and game creators trying to make a buck. If you like what they make, toss them a buck. 

DE 'needs' to do just what DE is doing - providing the GaaS game called WF as best they can. They are under no obligation to do anything other than what they are inspired to do, even if some players don't like it. 

So no, I will not be raising pitchforks and torches over some pricing on a vanity pack, nor will I try and rabble rouse in some way to 'make those game companies' do what we want, that's just silly.

And if there is nothing in the game you want to do, why are you still here anyway? If you beat the game, go find another, there are plenty. In GaaS games, at some point, you always have to make your own fun. If you can no longer do that here, then only you can fix that...

hace 27 minutos, Zimzala dijo:

Again, if you want to be a 'gaming social justice warrior' that's fine and all, but trying to shame the rest of us into it is silly.

That's exactly what the bolded part sounds like, IMO, as if the Evil Game Secret Police are going to come for me or something. Over The Top Hyperbole.

See it as you like, what I said was a reflection of what is happening/happened to me, it isn't a threat nor even a warning it is just a critique of what some people do.

hace 32 minutos, Zimzala dijo:

DE 'needs' to do just what DE is doing - providing the GaaS game called WF as best they can. They are under no obligation to do anything other than what they are inspired to do, even if some players don't like it. 

No, they doesn't and "obligation" is a weird word for me, they gave themselves this... duty this purpose of create a big game with a bigger community but it seems that they forgot the community part, they are doing something for others they aren't doing that for themselves so keeping the other satisfied would be logic right?

hace 41 minutos, Zimzala dijo:

So no, I will not be raising pitchforks and torches over some pricing on a vanity pack, nor will I try and rabble rouse in some way to 'make those game companies' do what we want, that's just silly.

I don't expect you to do so:

hace 1 hora, VoidArkhangel dijo:

they don't need to go after the companies like complete animals but they need to keep the standards up. 

hace 42 minutos, Zimzala dijo:

And if there is nothing in the game you want to do, why are you still here anyway? If you beat the game, go find another, there are plenty. In GaaS games, at some point, you always have to make your own fun. If you can no longer do that here, then only you can fix that...

And I am creating my own game but Warframe there is only one.

First of all, I already finished all the games that I had interest in and Im eagerly waiting for updates for those who have support by either their company or the modders.

Second, as I said Im creating my own game because Im tired of waiting but Im still a newbie so I do what I can.

Third and most important point: I want to play Warframe, why would I want to play Warframe in DOOM for example or in Battlefront? Warframe had this Indie love and AAA ambitions, a great dev team, an even greater community and it was for free why would I attempt to simulate this on other game? why should I leave a game that is still alive getting support? yeah a break is always the best option but these breaks keep getting bigger while the playtime is shortening.

Im here to give my 2 cents on how one of the best games I've ever seen (that is still getting support) can be better.

Just gonna post this before the thread gets locked.

Having multiple bundles is fine.

Having different items that are unique to each, LIMITED TIME bundle is not, unless you can buy the unique items seperately. At least you can't buy each one more than once, otherwise being able to buy lootboxes (yes, rivens are lootboxes if you are selling them for plat, shut up) would be having people screaming way more than they already are.

Archived