Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mirage (Not so Mini)Rework round 2

DeltaForce245

Ok, my last post didn't go so well. Got some valid reason as to why make Hall of Mirrors channeling would be a bad idea. 
So, round 2! This time it's a bit more interesting. 

1-Hall of Mirror 
First cast: Summon the doppelgangers, no duration, no channeling (similar to Wukong Celestial Twin but without health) and they function exactly as they are now.
1st tap cast: Mirage commands her doppelgangers to absorb all the light from the ambient and project it into Mirage herself, providing full bonuses to all of her light passives (Example: Eclipse would give 100% of it's damage boost). Additionally, for 30 seconds, Mirage has a chance to blind nearby enemies looking at her. 
2nd tap cast: Mirage commands her doppelgangers to absorb all the light from Mirage, leaving her in complete darkness (Eclipse now gives the full damage resistance). Additionally, for 30 seconds, Mirage doppelgangers taunt nearby enemies. 
Hold cast: Deactivate the doppelgangers.

2-Sleight of Hand 
Additional functionality: Mirage and her allies can pick up the jewels to restore 25% of their current weapon magazine and give them a 3 seconds movement speed boost. Works with Archwing weapons. (Doesn't scale with strength or duration).

3-Eclipse 
Unchanged. 

4-Prism 
A bit slower travel speed and if Mirage is standing in darkness (or using Hall of Mirror 2nd tap cast), Prism explosion vacuums enemies instead of blinding them. (Basically a bit of flavor, since currently it doesn't have a darkness related passive but still deals less damage).

1 hour ago, DeltaForce245 said:

First cast: Summon the doppelgangers, no duration, no channeling (similar to Wukong Celestial Twin but without health) and they function exactly as they are now.

"Shut up and take my plat"

*In Darvo voice* no, seriously

... joking aside it won't happen as someone will come and say "it's too strong, be happy that you can have it for 30 seconds".

16 часов назад, DeltaForce245 сказал:

1st tap cast: Mirage commands her doppelgangers to absorb all the light from the ambient and project it into Mirage herself, providing full bonuses to all of her light passives (Example: Eclipse would give 100% of it's damage boost). Additionally, for 30 seconds, Mirage has a chance to blind nearby enemies looking at her. 
2nd tap cast: Mirage commands her doppelgangers to absorb all the light from Mirage, leaving her in complete darkness (Eclipse now gives the full damage resistance). Additionally, for 30 seconds, Mirage doppelgangers taunt nearby enemies. 
Hold cast: Deactivate the doppelgangers.

Right now 1 ability migage is annoying as hell, especially when u connect to some one - clons are no desappear or even if they desappear weapons stil remain in air.  For me your concept mor acceptable then corrent one.

2 hours ago, EilSS said:

Right now 1 ability migage is annoying as hell, especially when u connect to some one - clons are no desappear or even if they desappear weapons stil remain in air.  For me your concept mor acceptable then corrent one.

But the suggestion doesnt change anything except add/remove light (which really should be part of Prism, you know, the ability which CAUSES A MASSIVE LASER LIGHTSHOW yet doesnt count as lightsource for eclipse).

The clones "disappearing" is entirely just effects, the ability still gives evasion, causes 4 points of weapon attacks (or 2 which depend on camera angle when using guns) and 4 sources for SoH/procs/bullet jumps/on player mods.

37 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Weird that you haven't addressed eclipse's unreliable damage reduction. Or the whole ability mechanic in general.

I am starting to not like the effect where i have to stand in darkness or light to get what i want.

Would much rather having the Prism provide light for me, or if you hold it, a shadow 

That's addressed on my reworked idea for Hall of Mirrors. The additional Tap Casts would give Mirage full benefits of light or darkness

Archived