Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sigma & Octantis' and Cobra & Crane's slam attack acts weird

only.my.RAILGUN.

隐藏

Since update 29.5 in November 2020, the two sword-and-shield weapons Sigma & Octantis and Cobra & Crane can NOT be used normally. In hotfix 20.5.4, the "can't use heavy attack" problem was fixed, but there are more problems on these two weapons that haven't fixed yet.

I uploaded a video to show these problems, video link: https://youtu.be/aGCSC1zbAWo

here are the details:

1. Can't use slam attack.
  2. Sometimes after attack in air (throw shield attack multiple times), can't use combos normally, can only use one single action A2 repeatly.("What is A2" is explained below, in the hidden contents) This problem can be fixed temporary by using a throw shield attack in air.
  3. ALL combos act abnormal. Here is an example:
隐藏

I will take Final Harbinger as an example. It has 4 combos, Null Warning(A), Impending Battery(B), Systemic Shred(C), Dark Light(D). I just name them A, B, C and D. So the combo of Null Warning is A1, A2, A3, A4.

When using Sigma & Octantis or Cobra & Crane with this stance Final Harbinger, it will act like this:

When using Null Warning combo, it acts normal: A1 A2 A3 A4 A1 A2 A3 A4...

When using Impending Battery, it acts abnormal: A1 B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 B1 B2 B3 B4 B5...

it should be B1 B2 B3 B4 B5 B1 B2 B3 B4 B5...

When using Systemic Shred, it acts abnormal: A1 C1 C2 C1 C2...

it should be C1 C2 C1 C2...

When using Dark Light, it acts abnormal: A1 D1 D2 D3 D1 D2 D3...

it should be D1 D2 D3 D1 D2 D3...

When using slide attack, it acts abnormal: A1 slide attack

in conclusion, every combo start with a A1 action, and it shouldn't exist.

I had a few test about these problems:

When Sigma & Octantis and Cobra & Crane using the other sword-and-shield stance Eleventh Storm, these problem also exist.

Other sword-and-shield weapons such as Silva & Aegis act totally normal.

So I think these problems came from the Glaive rework and only influence those sword-and-shield weapons whose shield can be thrown.

Sigma & Octantis is my favourite weapon and I can't use it normally for almost 6 months. Please fix these problems soon.

Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------

Update on May.5th 2021, problem 2 and 3 were fixed in hotfix 30.1.1, but slam attack still acts weird, please have a look.

It is able to do regular slam attack now by pressing melee button for a really short time, but the slam attack always comes after a throw-shield action which is wrong. It should be a normal slam attack just like other normal weapons instead of throwing the shield first.

Before update 29.5, Sigma & Octantis acts perfectly. Do an aerial attack when looking forward, the shield will be thrown. Do an aerial attack when looking at the ground(not necessary to look straight down) or looking forward and holding melee attack button for a few more time, it will be a normal slam attack without throwing shield.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I mean, Kuva Bramma arrows phase through most catwalks and bridges making it impossible to deal damage with it on most grineer tiles (since the maps are old and appearently most surfaces on half of the rooms made from things which are coded as "catwalks") and some corpus tiles since it was introduced to the game in 27.1 (since February 4th 2020) and they still havent fixed it but goodluck with getting this issue youre having for 3 months fixed.

18 hours ago, ITheRavenI said:

-

That kind of negativity isn't really needed, tbh.

Anyways, bump because it's really frustrating. I hate the standing combo solely because the first press is three hits, and this bug makes the rest of the combos feel absolutely awful to use.

The stance bug has been fixed, though I'm not quite sure what you mean by not being able to use the slam attack. It may be because I use a controller, but I'm able to Heavy Slam with absolutely no issue, and I can perform a regular Slam after performing a shield toss... Unless if having to do the shield toss even when looking straight down is the issue?

1分钟前 , Flannoit 说:

The stance bug has been fixed, though I'm not quite sure what you mean by not being able to use the slam attack. It may be because I use a controller, but I'm able to Heavy Slam with absolutely no issue, and I can perform a regular Slam after performing a shield toss... Unless if having to do the shield toss even when looking straight down is the issue?

Yea you are right, I tried it with keyboard few minutes ago. It is able to do regular slam attack by pressing melee button for a really short time, but the slam attack always comes after a throw-shield action which is wrong. It should be a normal slam attack just like other normal weapons instead of throwing the shield first.

Before update 29.5, Sigma & Octantis acts perfectly. Do an aerial attack when aiming forward, the shield will be thrown. Do an aerial attack when aiming the ground(not necessary to look straight down) or aiming forward and holding melee attack button for a few more time, it will be a normal slam attack without throwing shield.

14 hours ago, only.my.RAILGUN. said:

Yea you are right, I tried it with keyboard few minutes ago. It is able to do regular slam attack by pressing melee button for a really short time, but the slam attack always comes after a throw-shield action which is wrong. It should be a normal slam attack just like other normal weapons instead of throwing the shield first.

Before update 29.5, Sigma & Octantis acts perfectly. Do an aerial attack when aiming forward, the shield will be thrown. Do an aerial attack when aiming the ground(not necessary to look straight down) or aiming forward and holding melee attack button for a few more time, it will be a normal slam attack without throwing shield.

This is totally right. The problem‘s half fixed. For some odd reason, sometimes it’ll work correctly, but more often than not, it doesn’t. I’m getting even lower odds of success with the cobra. It’s just glitchy atm. But the stance itself is good again!

14 hours ago, only.my.RAILGUN. said:

On the bright side, the more glaring issue has been fixed, which is great. The normal slam being bugged is (thankfully) not as major of an issue like the outright "every single combo WILL start with the first part of the standing combo" bug that made using Sword and Shield feel outright miserable... @-@

Hopefully it'll get fixed! I'm glad that at least the shield-toss animation is actually very fast even with low attack speed.

Archived