Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Stahlta Riven...(Stahlta Build help)

-SilverWolfPrime-

Question

So I've been trying to get my hands on a good auto rifle for a while now and I've been really interested in using the Stahlta, especially since it's skin came out. I've been trying really hard to make a good build for it, but I seem to have trouble getting past a particular drawback: the bane on my Stahlta Riven.

Here is my current build:u0CrkYW.png

Everything seems to be pretty standard until you see Fast Hands in there. Here's the thing:

These are the stats for the Stahlta Visi-scitis:
+123.6% Damage
+87.3% Slash
+83.3% Critical Damage
-32% Reload Speed

Although the stats for this are nothing short of amazing offensively, the minus Reload Speed is really getting to me. It feels like I HAVE to run Fast Hands in order to use it with the Riven. I'm questioning whether or not the Riven is worth using despite the drawback or if I'd have a better shot at ditching it for something like Primed Cryo Rounds. I've also tried rerolling to remove the bane, but it's up to 55 rerolls now and nothing has come close, so I'm inclined to believe I can't get any better than this.

What are some improvements I could make with this build? Should I keep the Riven or should I change it out for something else?

4 answers to this question

Never used Stahlta much, so it's a bit if guessing but I'd swap fast hands for useful things like HC or Primed Cryo. Try to handle reload via Synth Set on companion or Eject Mag. And if I'm not mistaken the big deal with Stahlta was to proc a slash via charged shot and slash would be better paired wizh viral instead of corrosive, makes your dots tick harder - corrosive won't help. 

1 hour ago, -SilverWolfPrime- said:

So I've been trying to get my hands on a good auto rifle for a while now and I've been really interested in using the Stahlta, especially since it's skin came out. I've been trying really hard to make a good build for it, but I seem to have trouble getting past a particular drawback: the bane on my Stahlta Riven.

Here is my current build:u0CrkYW.png

Everything seems to be pretty standard until you see Fast Hands in there. Here's the thing:

These are the stats for the Stahlta Visi-scitis:
+123.6% Damage
+87.3% Slash
+83.3% Critical Damage
-32% Reload Speed

Although the stats for this are nothing short of amazing offensively, the minus Reload Speed is really getting to me. It feels like I HAVE to run Fast Hands in order to use it with the Riven. I'm questioning whether or not the Riven is worth using despite the drawback or if I'd have a better shot at ditching it for something like Primed Cryo Rounds. I've also tried rerolling to remove the bane, but it's up to 55 rerolls now and nothing has come close, so I'm inclined to believe I can't get any better than this.

What are some improvements I could make with this build? Should I keep the Riven or should I change it out for something else?

Yeah, the negative on your riven is rough, and Stahlta's magazine size is not big enough to really feel good when using reload-while-holstered mods. So I understand why you're using fast hands. I also understand that you like its use as an auto rifle, so I won't mention building for the secondary fire.

You are right to build a hybrid of crit and status. Stahlta's slash damage is high (and boosted by your riven), and the status chance is decent. It's a good idea to lean into this for slash procs. The damage on slash procs is boosted by viral procs, so I would switch high voltage for rime rounds. This will help you bring down heavily armored targets, most other things should be dying pretty fast anyway. Your current corrosive build will be comparable against ferrite armor (heavy gunners), but the viral build will be noticeably better against alloy armor (bombards).

So, try it out with viral and see if it feels better. If the status chance doesn't feel high enough, you can try swapping vital sense for hammer shot (your crit damage is already pretty high because of your riven!). You can also try using hunter munitions to get more slash procs. 

Definitely don't listen to the first poster who seems to think fast hands and vile acceleration boost the same stat, and thinks one should only build status or crit and never both. That's some really bad advice....

Archived