Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Xaku with 75% evasion chance, Are there anymore Warframes that are unpredictable or close to being an Rng frame?

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

Before i start, remember that one post i made where i called Xaku garbage?

Of course you don't, but i do, sorry about that, i suppose that was rude and i shouldn't have said that, i hope DE does more Community Warframes and not follow the advice of my intense past self

maybe Xaku wasn't my type of Warframe back then, but they're functional now, and have a cool fourth ability not gonna lie :) 

This ability does a lot of things, most notably the 75% evasion chance.

While some people hate how random it is, i like it because it's a refreshing way of having a defense mechanism, not everything has to get 90% damage reduction.

I am beginning to like Rng abilities, and i was wondering if we have more of them or if we'll have a full New warframe based on probability manipulation.

Evasion is not random, there is few documentation or research on it but is actually a multiplier to things that reduce enemy accuracy wich are I think mainly parkour moves. For instance boosting titania evasion acts as a multiplier to the reduced accuracy ennemies have while she move around while flying.

6 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

i was wondering if we have more of them or if we'll have a full New warframe based on probability manipulation.

*sweats nervously in playing as Claptrap in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, where his abilities are randomized.*

literally though, having powers where they either work or blow up in your face would probably not be well received. even if there's nothing that affects you that negatively, why take a chance on maybe getting the right elemental effect/ stat buff or whatever when you can just take a frame that is guaranteed to do what you want with a button press, provided you have energy? sure, you could maybe argue that it would encourage players to adapt and change tactics on the fly, but I feel like this would just annoy players more than benefit them.

21 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

*sweats nervously in playing as Claptrap in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, where his abilities are randomized.*

literally though, having powers where they either work or blow up in your face would probably not be well received. even if there's nothing that affects you that negatively, why take a chance on maybe getting the right elemental effect/ stat buff or whatever when you can just take a frame that is guaranteed to do what you want with a button press, provided you have energy? sure, you could maybe argue that it would encourage players to adapt and change tactics on the fly, but I feel like this would just annoy players more than benefit them.

Or how Demon Hunter and Monk originally had "dodge" from Dexterity main stat only for Blizzard to finally concede that Dodge is absolutely terrible RNG garbage and changed Dexterity to provide Armor instead. Dodge was basically removed in Diablo 3... because it was a very bad idea!

2 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

Still the same thing. It’s a % chance not to get hit. And for a frame like Xaku where they have like 0 tankiness, that translates to “% chance not to die”.

treated as different mechanics. otherwise if evasion from sly vulpaphyla can stack u will be unkillable with xaku

2 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

well, the key words here are probability manipulation, they have randomized abilities that they can control their odds and chances to get the likely result.

it's not just "a chance to do this, and a chance to do that"

8 hours ago, RobWasHere said:

Nyx and Wukong passives, all loot abilities/augments, Zephyr's tornadoes movement, Hydroid's tentacles spawn are the first thoughts regarding rng

Mirage? 

her 2 and 3 rely on random environment (former being the location of loot drops and traps, and latter being lighting)

with a 4 that bounces to random locations

2 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Curious about this. Does it mean it's only triggered when actually using the dodge button? Or does moving and running count?

Dodge = Flat % chance to avoid damage that actually would hit you. "Players will have a chance for projectiles and melee attacks to harmlessly pass through their body."

Evasion = Reduced enemy targetting. "Enemies shooting at the player with a positive evasion stat will have their attacks suffer from heavy inaccuracy, often missing the player."

6 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Dodge = Flat % chance to avoid damage that actually would hit you. "Players will have a chance for projectiles and melee attacks to harmlessly pass through their body."

Evasion = Reduced enemy targetting. "Enemies shooting at the player with a positive evasion stat will have their attacks suffer from heavy inaccuracy, often missing the player."

then why does the new evasion mods stack with xaku's 75% dodge chance for complete invulnerability?

should it be just an accuracy reduction?

1 hour ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Mirage? 

her 2 and 3 rely on random environment (former being the location of loot drops and traps, and latter being lighting)

with a 4 that bounces to random locations

2 maybe, I don't remember but 3? There are some bugs probably but it's pretty consistent afair.

11 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

then why does the new evasion mods stack with xaku's 75% dodge chance for complete invulnerability?

Afair it was not 100% but near 100%... still, it's nitpicking

About OP:

New pets - Sly vulpaphyla, their 2 mods, if you attack (some exceptions) then you will get random "few milisecond" 40% of .... something (immortality?). It has cooldowns...

Same as Shade companions - same here - cooldown; it activates near enemy; if you are attacking then it's random...

Smeta buffs

2 first are almost useless  for my usage, and I guess not worth for their use cases.

36 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Thanks.

1 minute ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

should it be just an accuracy reduction?

It should just impact accuracy. Though there is talk that the wording on the Carnis set is wrong and that it actually adds 30% chance to dodge. It does however not stack with Xaku for 105%, it becomes a seperate dodge chance so you have 75% and then another 30% after that if the first one fails. Which is why people have reported getting hit still when having 3 carnis and #4 active. Vulp mods just add normal evasion, though the stat interacts well with Xaku since it reduces the change he gets hit in the first place and then he has his dodge ontop of that.

50 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

It should just impact accuracy. Though there is talk that the wording on the Carnis set is wrong and that it actually adds 30% chance to dodge. It does however not stack with Xaku for 105%, it becomes a seperate dodge chance so you have 75% and then another 30% after that if the first one fails. Which is why people have reported getting hit still when having 3 carnis and #4 active. Vulp mods just add normal evasion, though the stat interacts well with Xaku since it reduces the change he gets hit in the first place and then he has his dodge ontop of that.

You just answered so many questions I’ve had about Xaku, TYFYS.

There are very few , and some can be manipulated by mods.

Mirage eclipse is probably most noteworthy , her hall of mirrors also does technically add evasion through distraction.

Baruuk elude ,

Wisp breach surge ,

Oberon hallow ground (against enemies)

Lavos 3 and 4 (kinda),

Banshee sonar (weak point multiplicative bonus stacking)

Vauban nail mine,

Hydroid 1 and 4,

Nyx chaos ,

Proteas dispensary (bonus drop)

Nekros , khora , atlas (hydroid too) with their loots.

There are probably a few more buy are either not significant or taken for granted.

Archived