Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make Chroma's 2 more relevant

Ausenas

"Depending on Chroma's elemental alignment, an offensive area-of-effect is created. Chroma and his nearby allies are imbued with defensive energy."

Aside from the long-standing complaints of his 2 not being recastable, I think the defensive aspect of Chroma's 2 has been skimped on a bit. After all, it is called a "ward" so why doesn't it do just that? I propose that depending on Chroma's current elemental alignment, casting his 2 will additionally provide complete immunity to that damage type/proc. I don't think it'd be too overpowered considering it would only be one element at a time as well as simply being another avenue of damage mitigation, considering his whole theme is around taking damage. It would also vastly increase the usefulness of toxin ward, which would encourage players to use his new elemental swapping mechanic more. As for electric ward, I've heard it was always decent but maybe give it some more utility? Short-circuit arc traps? Bypass laser barriers? Restore a small percentage of energy from electric damage? In fact, I think all of his elements should have some sort of utility tied to them so they have more reason to be used in certain situations. Channel fire damage into additional ability strength? (Ember aspect) Channel cold damage into more armor? (Frost aspect) Channel toxin damage into a status buff for weapons/abilities? I'm just spitballing here but more reasons to use all of his elements would play great to his theme and make him more fun to use than the current buff bot he is. Another part to that is revamping his 3, as element choice doesn't matter at all for it (and I think it should), but that's a story for another day.

Bring back the elemental dragon lord! (emphasis on elemental)

Thoughts?

Archived