Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Looking for a really stronk secondary

Alogical

Question

24 answers to this question

I had to forma and mod my guns for a specific task to be used in sync with my frame to really get that edge, and even than i cant guarannte you will like it.
But with that being said... 3 secondary weapons that can do really good on their own, if you are ready to put the work and a bit of Forma into them are Kuva Nukor, Pyrana Prime and Cyanex
If you will like them or hate tem, i cant tell you, but they can do stupid good damage, so at leased there is that.

10 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Do you build it for crit?   Maybe it shouldn't, but the 1.5 multiplier mostly makes me avoid it even though it looks like decent dps.

With both primed crit mods it has 57% CC and 3.1x CD, which isn't the insane numbers from something like a kitgun built for crit, but in almost every other game I've ever played 57% crit chance is insane.  I think this is the only game I've ever played where you can routinely get guaranteed crit chance and even go past that.  I try to take that mentality into my builds.  When you take the relatively high CC/CD and combine it with the 77% status chance and my okayish MS/DAM riven (4.5 total multishot, about 7k total damage built for viral) it puts out enough damage to handle anything outside an endurance run or SP.

I have a build for it without any additional crit, utilizing more MS and Carnis Stinger for more status and slash weighting, but it actually doesn't increase kill speed on heavily armored targets by any noticeable amount.  It's a solid weapon for the majority of the game, but I wouldn't put it in the absolute top tier category since I don't think I would trust it to function well in SP without something buffing it.  But very few guns work genuinely well in endurance runs or SP unless they're being buffed by a damage frame.

EDIT:  Anecdote about lower CC hybrid guns and SP.  My Basmu has 55% cc and a 6.3x CD with 63% status and damage that looks fairly low with the sheet damage listed at about 1080 total between impact and radial.  It has a fire rate of 18.4 though and deals viral, rad and fire damage, so it not only chews through SP trash mobs with ease, it also stops things from shooting me with the rad procs.  It looks kind of like trash on paper but it will take down anything that isn't an SP buffed heavy unit, and it does fine in endurance runs up until they hit the same level of tankiness as SP heavy units units.  And that's only counting Grineer.  It does even better on Corpus and Infested units.  

I'm a fan of a high RoF rattleguts with good crit and status, so it has dual use as a damager and a status blobber for CO melee. Radiation for the enemy confusion can also help with managing small groups.

But if you have a good zaw and Exodia Contagion, that's really the best all-around weapon in the game. That zaw cannon is just plain brutal, it carried me through Scarlet Spear. 

I'm really liking this secondary Kitgun I slapped together on a whim of liking the stats, it's killed everything that's got in the way of it, even on the highest level Steel Path, funny part is I rarely move it off my Viral config it seems to do all factions fairly simple. lol 

Chamber: Sporelacer
Loader: Splat
Grip: Haymaker
CC: 100.4%, CM: 6.9%, FR: 1.87, Mag 11, Multishot: 2.8, Reload: 1.1, Status: 28.6%, Damage: Impact 1,265.9, Viral 1,519.0.

Fire rate is slow but in testing it seems to work because of the style of the projectiles.

I have a riven for it but got it late and it's a bit of a pain to get it into the build at the moment so it's not equipped.

Edit:
When the Riven is equipped it gives the gun stats of just more falloff range, more multishot and less CM.

Falloff goes from default 13.0 - 26.0 out too 18.4 - 36.9

CC: 100.4%, CM: 4.6%, FR: 1.87, Mag 11, Multishot: 3.4, Reload: 1.1, Status: 28.6%, Damage: Impact 1,265.9, Viral 1,519.0.

So not fussed at the moment with a low disposition.

On 2021-02-20 at 5:47 AM, Alogical said:

As the title says, im looking for a good secondary weapon.  I have catchmoon, but im not quite comfortable with it.

I have an AOE weapon as my primary, so I want a high damage secondary.

Any suggestions?

Z3qq1L4.jpg
R1RZ6at.jpg
CArSZyY.jpg
7OoudBX.jpg

1. I'm using a riven only for the 77% crit damage. Otherwise, just use hallow point.

2. I only use the suppress mod to make my kitgun universal. It's just superb as a stealth weapon. :devil:

On 2021-02-20 at 3:15 AM, Alogical said:
On 2021-02-20 at 3:01 AM, Teliko_Freedman said:

Do you have any preferences of what kind of handling secondary you want?

I prefer high damage in a single shot and a fast reload, but when fighting against grinner stompers mechas, I had a hard time killing them with euphona.

Along those lines, I really like Vaykor Marelok with its augment.  I love Euphona maybe even more, but the Marelok has an easier time with armor and is much more user friendly.

4 hours ago, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan said:

decent crit, good base damage, solid status.  It's mean as hell with the Shrapnel Rounds Augment.

Do you build it for crit?   Maybe it shouldn't, but the 1.5 multiplier mostly makes me avoid it even though it looks like decent dps.

On 2021-02-20 at 6:15 AM, Alogical said:

I prefer high damage in a single shot and a fast reload

First things first:  The mod Eject Magazine will reload your secondaries while holstered and stacks with the Synth mod set that does the same thing, so you can mitigate the longer reloads on some weapons.  

Akmagnus, Akvasto Prime, and the Pandero (so one would also assume the Pandero Prime) are all pretty close fitting to the bill.  Very simple firearms that all have that revolver, wild west shootout vibe going.  Akmagnus have cheap rivens and with a crit riven they become monsters.

The Arca Sisco is a pocket sniper, scope included and comes with an innate mechanic to increase crit chance on consecutive hits.

The Pyrana Prime is vaulted, but is a secondary shotgun with a fairly tight spread that puts out top tier DPS.

The Vaykor Marelok gets slept on by the community but handles even high level content with ease.  Decent crit, good base damage, solid status.  It's mean as hell with the Shrapnel Rounds Augment.

If I had to pick only one of those to run with as my secondary forever it would be the Pyrana Prime, but I could see Pandero Prime changing my mind.

2 hours ago, Alogical said:

I didnt like how the catchmoon shot stops when it hits something

I mean, that's what how it works for most weapons when they hit a wall or whatever :P

For enemies though, Catchmoon has innate Punch Through, so,
especially with +Flight Speed effects to increase the range, you can hit a lot of enemies with one shot.

hace 4 minutos, Teliko_Freedman dijo:

Hmm... So Semi-automatic fire with high damage and fast reload.

Kitguns can fit that easily, but you don't like the catchmoon type it seems. You can adjust its stats based on the parts you used. What part of your Catchmoon did you dislike? There is also the Tombfinger type kitgun.

Otherwise for non-kitguns, there is always the old but still a favorite, Lex Prime. Though you may need a reload mod for that one. I like "Stunning speed"with it.

I didnt like how the catchmoon shot stops when it hits something, but i was really good damage. Maybe I can use the parts with another launcher.

Thanks for the ideas

2 minutes ago, Alogical said:

I prefer high damage in a single shot and a fast reload

A Haymaker Tombfinger (with again Pax Charge) might be your best shot (hah) then, I guess.

Though that setup on Rattleguts can also feel pretty nice.

6 minutes ago, Alogical said:

fighting against grinner stompers mechas, I had a hard time

Nova + Zenurik Temporal Blast is great to make those buggers hold still (enough) to wreck them pretty quickly.

9 minutes ago, Alogical said:

I guess fire rate is better than pure damage.

Well, not least considering stacking procs, yeah more hits per second can be very much worth it
even if you get slightly less on-paper DPS values.

''Nice try DE, you are not getting nerf ideas from me.''

3 minutes ago, Alogical said:

I may try one of these kitguns, but I prefered single shot weapons.

Humm, is Euphona Prime still good?
I never got a good build out of it personally, but I remeber it being well-received on it's release.

Hmm... So Semi-automatic fire with high damage and fast reload.

Kitguns can fit that easily, but you don't like the catchmoon type it seems. You can adjust its stats based on the parts you used. What part of your Catchmoon did you dislike? There is also the Tombfinger type kitgun.

Otherwise for non-kitguns, there is always the old but still a favorite, Lex Prime. Though you may need a reload mod for that one. I like "Stunning speed"with it.

hace 11 minutos, Teliko_Freedman dijo:

Do you have any preferences of what kind of handling secondary you want?

I prefer high damage in a single shot and a fast reload, but when fighting against grinner stompers mechas, I had a hard time killing them with euphona.

hace 9 minutos, NinjaZeku dijo:

So, something more for single target, longer (than Catchmoon) ranged burst damage?

I very much enjoy my max dakka & Crit Pax Charge Rattleguts, so definitely give something like that a try.

Sicarus Prime was pretty bonkers last I checked, Kuva Kraken could be interesting, as would be the incoming Pandero Prime I assume.

hace 3 minutos, Aadi880 dijo:

Kuva Seer and Tombfinger should feel like deagles, if that what you are looking for. They are strong single target with a bit of AoE in them.

On the other hand, Gaze is a very strong kitgun laser beam, and same goes to Rattleguts if you are looking for a bullet-hose.

I may try one of these kitguns, but I prefered single shot weapons.

Thanks

Kuva Seer and Tombfinger should feel like deagles, if that what you are looking for. They are strong single target with a bit of AoE in them.

On the other hand, Gaze is a very strong kitgun laser beam, and same goes to Rattleguts if you are looking for a bullet-hose.

8 minutes ago, Alogical said:

I have an AOE weapon as my primary, so I want a high damage secondary.

So, something more for single target, longer (than Catchmoon) ranged burst damage?

I very much enjoy my max dakka & Crit Pax Charge Rattleguts, so definitely give something like that a try.

Sicarus Prime was pretty bonkers last I checked, Kuva Kraken could be interesting, as would be the incoming Pandero Prime I assume.

Archived