Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kitgun Naming Issue

CyberneticSusurrus

Let me name my kitgun 'The Queer Gaze'.
Stop telling me that the damned collective term for Queer folk is "profanity", especially given the names I've seen before on pets and the like.

Edit: Given that I could name the weapon 'The Straight Gaze' or 'Gaze and Lesbians' without issue, the actual effect of such a restriction is inequality.

• 1 month later...

To highlight the ridiculousness further, the filter sees no issue with 'Burn The Gaze' either.
(Note: I did not and would not name my weapon that, I just figured I'd test it.)

'Queer' and 'Gay' are not dirty words, DE.
Stop treating them as such.
Particularly when it's clear other terms don't receive the same treatment.

Here's a selection of words that are apparently considered more appropriate than 'Queer' and 'Gay' by DE:

• Genocide
  • Groper
  • Fondle
  • Glans
  • Foreskin
  • Nipple
  • Tits
  • Creampie

Pretty damn surprised that some of these aren't already filtered as "Profanity", but wow does that highlight the discrepancy hard.

But you know what the real kicker is?
A transphobic slur is considered acceptable by this damned filter.
The
most obvious transphobic slur Does Not Get Flagged.

What the absolute hell, DE?

• 2 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Hobie-wan said:

Obviously things should be standardized across the chat and naming systems, but honestly the inflammatory potential of using them on weapon names are best left out as much as other words on your bullet list.

That's an issue for reporting and moderation to handle, because people can and have found a multitude of ways around these filters.
Banning Queer people from saying "Queer" and "gay" is backwards nonsense, and treats being Queer and mentioning or alluding to that as wrong, as "profanity".

It's simply especially galling given that transphobic slurs are apparently ignored.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived