Jump to content

Sands of Inaros - Years later still not replayable for some reason.


Recommended Posts

It's been years since this quest came out. I'm very #*!%in' salty right now because I've been 100%ing the entire game, but for some reason can't redo this quest.
Way back when I was a noob I did the quest and didn't really know or care for the Codex, now here I am with almost every single entry complete and I take a peek and realize I'm missing the Tomb boi scans from Inaros' quest. Just make it replayable, replaying quests is enjoyable and something lots of people like to do, makes no sense this one isn't in any form replayable. Not really a "discussion" post, just please make it replayable, save me from the sadness of knowing I haven't completed the Codex.

unknown.png

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, krc473 said:

Pretty sure this doesn’t allow you to repeat the quest.

Have you tried? How do you know? I don't have OP's problem but I'm genuinely curious

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Sovyul said:

Have you tried? How do you know? I don't have OP's problem but I'm genuinely curious

Extra quest blueprints in general don't allow replaying of non-replayable quests, as many Starchart 2.0 vets with extra copies of Limbo/Mirage quest BPs can attest.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Sovyul said:

Have you tried? How do you know? I don't have OP's problem but I'm genuinely curious

The Wiki specifically states it.

Quote

This quest cannot be repeated by getting another Sands of Inaros key from Baro Ki'Teer. Thus, if you sell your Inaros after completing this quest, the only way to reacquire him is either by purchasing him through the Market or purchasing his components from Cephalon Simaris. Link

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a shame, Baro making the quest available to you even after completing it always gave me the impression that it can be completed multiple times, but never got around to check it out, thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, vanaukas said:

I was sure that could be replayable because people usually recommended it (in the past) as a way to farm kavat dna, but welp

People recommended it to "farm about 20 kavat dnas"

Judging from how inaccessible this mission is, I'm also surprised why so many people recommended it...

Anyway, i condemn missables in videogames. These nonsense might sold guidebooks 25 years ago, but punishing players for no good reason today is just absolutely stupid.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Like others said, it made cheesing the Kavat genetic code scans way too easy and consistent, for this type of game.

I guess they want this particular thing to be kept somewhat rare. (but not too rare, considering Derelict/Deimos is also spammable now without drawbacks)

But it would make sense to make it repeatable, just without any Kavat spawns.

Link to post
Share on other sites

You can ask support for a second Urn. That's how I was able to replay it for the codex.

The easier thing to do (and trust me, I wish this wasn't the case and I know you don't want to hear this) is to stop caring about the codex. It's so neglected and poorly maintained that it's just frustrating more than rewarding to try and have it completed.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, (NSW)Rafa-el said:

Is the best mission for obtain karats genetic codes.

For this isn’t repetible 😜

 

6 hours ago, kgabor said:

Like others said, it made cheesing the Kavat genetic code scans way too easy and consistent, for this type of game.

It always amazes me to watch players make excuses for the devs.  I've built everything that requires Kavat genetic codes twice, and I think I've target farmed them maybe once and I still have dozens in my inventory that I don't need.  They are easy to get, so there's no excuse for locking a quest like this to not be replayable because "It will make it too easy to get the materials if you can replay it."  even though you'd have to do that tedious ass jar over again if you replayed it.  I'd rather farm them passively while opening vaults than run that jar again.  

As for the codex itself, I've come to agree with Voltage.  I was trying to get all the scans until I realized just how many entries are 100% not completeable because I wasn't playing 6 years ago or whatever.  There's also almost no lore or flavor text to be had in the codex like there is with other games where they would use something like that for world building.  It's the same sort of info you can get on the wiki, just...  a lot less of it for a lot more work.

I have been curious though, if someone with a completed enemy scan can summon that enemy in the simulacrum and let someone who doesn't have the scans bring a helios in to get the scans.  I'd be willing to try it if there's anyone on Xbox with an enemy they don't have that I do or vice versa.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Voltage said:

You can ask support for a second Urn. That's how I was able to replay it for the codex.

The easier thing to do (and trust me, I wish this wasn't the case and I know you don't want to hear this) is to stop caring about the codex. It's so neglected and poorly maintained that it's just frustrating more than rewarding to try and have it completed.

You can what?!?!

So you have two urns right now?? We need more details. How did you asked? How did it works?

This might be a huge gamble, but i suggest everyone to just start asking support now. If they realize there are plenty of people care about the codex, they might do something.

Of course it's risky. Because if they got annoyed just enough, they might stop helping people to replay this quest. But if we just give up and do nothing, then codex will always stay like this: neglected and poorly maintained.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Soy77 said:

You can what?!?!

So you have two urns right now?? We need more details. How did you asked? How did it works?

This might be a huge gamble, but i suggest everyone to just start asking support now. If they realize there are plenty of people care about the codex, they might do something.

Of course it's risky. Because if they got annoyed just enough, they might stop helping people to replay this quest. But if we just give up and do nothing, then codex will always stay like this: neglected and poorly maintained.

I wouldn't advocate mass-running to support. I learned that it's a form of spam. I am just providing insight that having a second Urn does fix being unable to replay the quest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I wouldn't advocate mass-running to support. I learned that it's a form of spam. I am just providing insight that having a second Urn does fix being unable to replay the quest.

It shouldn't be spam since not done by one player repeatedly. In a matter of act, in best case scenario it should be viewed as community demand. And people can say what they want about DE being ignorant, but warframe was successful because it listened to what the community wants. It still does for a couple of stuff.

On the other side, doing nothing sends a message to DE that people do not care about the codex, therefore they won't waste their time fixing it.

From my perspective, you did the right thing. You did something, instead of turning a blind eye. And you got rewarded with the codex scan. Probably now is the time for others to take action as well, and hopefully receive the same reward.

Just my two cents.

Edited by Soy77
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 4 horas, (XBOX)TehChubbyDugan dijo:

 

It always amazes me to watch players make excuses for the devs.  I've built everything that requires Kavat genetic codes twice, and I think I've target farmed them maybe once and I still have dozens in my inventory that I don't need.  They are easy to get, so there's no excuse for locking a quest like this to not be replayable because "It will make it too easy to get the materials if you can replay it."  even though you'd have to do that tedious ass jar over again if you replayed it.  I'd rather farm them passively while opening vaults than run that jar again.  

As for the codex itself, I've come to agree with Voltage.  I was trying to get all the scans until I realized just how many entries are 100% not completeable because I wasn't playing 6 years ago or whatever.  There's also almost no lore or flavor text to be had in the codex like there is with other games where they would use something like that for world building.  It's the same sort of info you can get on the wiki, just...  a lot less of it for a lot more work.

I have been curious though, if someone with a completed enemy scan can summon that enemy in the simulacrum and let someone who doesn't have the scans bring a helios in to get the scans.  I'd be willing to try it if there's anyone on Xbox with an enemy they don't have that I do or vice versa.  

Don’t understand me, I want this quest repayable, I don’t have lucke with the kavats genetics codes.

I think all quest must be replayable, I like do quest.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, (NSW)Rafa-el said:

Don’t understand me, I want this quest repayable, I don’t have lucke with the kavats genetics codes.

I think all quest must be replayable, I like do quest.

Until they make this replayable, if they do it, the best way to farm them would be to get the scanner modules from Simaris. (that multiplies the scans)

Then bring Helios and Vauban or another cc frame (i think Harrow, Trinity (EV/WoL and Link for even easier Kavat spotting), Khora, etc. works well too, but i didn't use them for this specifically, except Trinity)and spam Deimos missions.

If you haven't got much scans on the Kavats yet, Helios will ddo it for you, if you did you can cc them and get double scans.

If you already got a Smeeta, i think it might multiply the scans as well, but i'm not sure of that.

Edited by kgabor
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-02-20 at 2:10 PM, (NSW)Rafa-el said:

Is the best mission for obtain karats genetic codes.

For this isn’t repetible 😜

On 2021-02-20 at 2:35 PM, kgabor said:

Like others said, it made cheesing the Kavat genetic code scans way too easy and consistent, for this type of game.

I guess they want this particular thing to be kept somewhat rare. (but not too rare, considering Derelict/Deimos is also spammable now without drawbacks)

But it would make sense to make it repeatable, just without any Kavat spawns.

The Kavat genetic codes are so easy to farm these days with Steel Path derelict capture, the Simaris upgrades, and Ballistica Prime/stealth scans. Not to mention you can bring a Smeeta and resource booster as well as Blessing if you are able to get one. Kavat Codes have never been easier to farm, also they could lower the amount of Kavats in the quest without issue, it's so simple. Using that as an excuse to not make it replayable is quite silly.
 

 

23 hours ago, Voltage said:

You can ask support for a second Urn. That's how I was able to replay it for the codex.

The easier thing to do (and trust me, I wish this wasn't the case and I know you don't want to hear this) is to stop caring about the codex. It's so neglected and poorly maintained that it's just frustrating more than rewarding to try and have it completed.

Also thank you very very much for this info, time to annoy the S#&$ out of the support team again like I used to. :clem:
Also nah, I can't stop caring. I'm a true completionist, I will complain until it's all fixed/corrected, also I am only missing two Codex entries that actually are scannable at the moment, so I'm about done anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maggy said:

Also nah, I can't stop caring. I'm a true completionist, I will complain until it's all fixed/corrected, also I am only missing two Codex entries that actually are scannable at the moment, so I'm about done anyway.

I gave up once I learned the Deimos Leaper was removed, Deimos Swarm Moa things dont spawn, Jugulus Eximus, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Voltage said:

I gave up once I learned the Deimos Leaper was removed, Deimos Swarm Moa things dont spawn, Jugulus Eximus, etc.

The Leaper was removed when they changed the tunnels duration. It only ever spawned in the tunnels for Iso Bounties when clearing the infested, they changed the duration of it in a hotfix but managed to accidentally mess it up so that Leapers no longer spawn there. The Deimos Swarm ones are bugged yeah, they do need to be added to the spawns or removed from Codex, and the Jugulus Eximus does spawn but it seems to be a like 1/5000 chance, which is just absolutely asinine.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Maggy said:

The Leaper was removed when they changed the tunnels duration. It only ever spawned in the tunnels for Iso Bounties when clearing the infested, they changed the duration of it in a hotfix but managed to accidentally mess it up so that Leapers no longer spawn there. The Deimos Swarm ones are bugged yeah, they do need to be added to the spawns or removed from Codex, and the Jugulus Eximus does spawn but it seems to be a like 1/5000 chance, which is just absolutely asinine.

Jackal Eximus 2.0? :(

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Voltage said:

Jackal Eximus 2.0? :(

Seems to be, I just finished the Jackal Eximus like a day ago after sitting down and grinding Thermia solo for about ten hours. I for some reason didn't think about the fact that Nekros can't summon Jackal with his 4, so I took the entirely wrong loadout and needed three scans because I went about it poorly and didn't abuse stealth and stuff.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-02-20 at 12:01 PM, ReddyDisco said:

*Posts in general discussion*
nick-young-confused-face-300x256-nqlyaa.

The reason I said that is because there's not much to discuss here. It's a clear-cut case. The quest should be made replayable, there's no reason not to, and quests should 100% be replayable. Makes no sense that this one isn't.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...