Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Survival Mission Option Idea! Turn off Life Support Capsules! (Option after Mission Cleared)

XJR15

An option for Survival Missions, like the Steel Path option and Normal path option for the Star Chart.

The option would be to turn off the Life Support Capsules on the Mission after you have already cleared it.

This would make Survival Missions more fun as a whole and for maxed level Warframes and teams to play on Survival Missions for fun until Death (All revives used up) or until you want to quit.

As opposed to the Life Support Capsules always ruining the fun - this way you would have to overcome all the enemies or die trying this would be really fun for this game it should definetely be added as it would prolong the longevity and health of the game as a whole like the Steel Path for replayability  when players just want mess around / test their warframes mettle against a large amount of enemies.

Thoughts?

Please constructive feedback only please!

EDIT: Oh and as a bonus for playing in this mode it can give +50%  credit gain on normal mode +100% credit gain in steel path mode.

NO.

Let me repeat myself.  NO NO NO

Its often a struggle to keep life support up even by killing every enemy on the map.  Happens regularly.  I'll be carving through grineer by the dozen and life support capsules just don't drop.  

Just happened in fact.  Steel Path kuva survival.  Solo.  No problems killing stuff, grineer flooding in from all directions and life support steadily dropping.  Only option was to use a couple of towers once down to about 30%.

Dont know how you think turning life support off would be good for the longevity of the game or forcing missions to fail outside the control of the players would be fun.

Just in case I wasn't clear.  NO.

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Hyperion Rexx said:

NO.

Let me repeat myself.  NO NO NO

Its often a struggle to keep life support up even by killing every enemy on the map.  Happens regularly.  I'll be carving through grineer by the dozen and life support capsules just don't drop.  

Just happened in fact.  Steel Path kuva survival.  Solo.  No problems killing stuff, grineer flooding in from all directions and life support steadily dropping.  Only option was to use a couple of towers once down to about 30%.

Dont know how you think turning life support off would be good for the longevity of the game or forcing missions to fail outside the control of the players would be fun.

Its often a struggle to keep life support up even by killing every enemy on the map. 

Im Sorry, but you only have to survive 5 minutes and then u can leave the survival mission. 

I'll be carving through grineer by the dozen and life support capsules just don't drop.

yes thats why i proposed a 'no life support capsule' survival mission variant. so that boring tedious hassle of finding life support capsules wont interfere with killing an army of badguys! <3

in this case, u only have to survive for 5 minutes then u can head for evac and u pass the mission.

in the life support capsule off option case, its for fun like steel path where u can maim a bunch of enemies without having to worry about a "time limit" in this case. 

this would be totally fun with friends and pick up groups to maim a bunch of enemies and see how long everyone can last sticking together in true 'survival' all the while collecting the loot.

I think you misunderstood the intention at first. its for fun, and would totally make survival way more fun and thrilling to play especially in end game where your favorite warframe(s) are maxed out.

thank you for the feedback.

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)Hyperion Rexx said:

Its often a struggle to keep life support up even by killing every enemy on the map

Indeed. The drop rate of enemies' life support pack isn't enough most of the time to keep the meter up. I don't want to fail a mission because the RNG dictate me so. At least with LS tower, if I fail the mission it's because of my lack of attention.

2 minutes ago, XJR15 said:

Its often a struggle to keep life support up even by killing every enemy on the map. 

Im Sorry, but you only have to survive 5 minutes and then u can leave the survival mission. 

I'll be carving through grineer by the dozen and life support capsules just don't drop.

yes thats why i proposed a 'no life support capsule' survival mission variant. so that boring tedious hassle of finding life support capsules wont interfere with killing an army of badguys! <3

in this case, u only have to survive for 5 minutes then u can head for evac and u pass the mission.

in the life support capsule off option case, its for fun like steel path where u can maim a bunch of enemies without having to worry about a "time limit" in this case. 

this would be totally fun with friends and pick up groups to maim a bunch of enemies and see how long everyone can last sticking together in true 'survival' all the while collecting the loot.

I think you misunderstood the intention at first. its for fun, and would totally make survival way more fun and thrilling to play especially in end game where your favorite warframe(s) are maxed out.

thank you for the feedback.

You seem to want to play an exterminate.  5 mins, in and out, no life support.

Its called "survival" for a reason.  You have to survive.  For as long as you can/want to.  Leave after 5 mins if you want, that might be a challenge for you.  It isn't for most geared up players though, they go in to a survival mission because its endless and enemy levels will increase, thereby making it progressively harder and therefore more challenging.

If I die it should be cos I f'd up, not because the game decides I shouldn't have air anymore. 

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

I think they want to play survival on the "0% life support" state without the mission failing after some time

yes survival missions without the capsules would be fun as hell they just need to have an option for it like steel path and many hardcore players are good.

2 minutes ago, XJR15 said:

Please stop trolling my thread I said this would be an Option to go alongside the regular Survival Missions (XBOX) Hyperion Rexx.

Trolling your thread?

Lol.

This is a public forum, you posted in general, and made a suggestion I disagree with.  I can reply if I want.

If you don't like people disagreeing with your ideas, this may not be the place to air them.

1 hour ago, XJR15 said:

An option for Survival Missions, like the Steel Path option and Normal path option for the Star Chart.

The option would be to turn off the Life Support Capsules on the Mission after you have already cleared it.

This would make Survival Missions more fun as a whole and for maxed level Warframes and teams to play on Survival Missions for fun until Death (All revives used up) or until you want to quit.

As opposed to the Life Support Capsules always ruining the fun - this way you would have to overcome all the enemies or die trying this would be really fun for this game it should definetely be added as it would prolong the longevity and health of the game as a whole like the Steel Path for replayability  when players just want mess around / test their warframes mettle against a large amount of enemies.

Thoughts?

DE already tried it, Sanctuary Onslaught is basically a survival mission where you can kill as much as you want as long as it's above a threshold, leaving when you like, not have the going around burden that you seem to link to the capsule in survival, and not having the teammate spread around decreasing the spawn rate problem that survival have, ever thought of that? 

2 hours ago, (XBOX)Hyperion Rexx said:

Trolling your thread?

Lol.

This is a public forum, you posted in general, and made a suggestion I disagree with.  I can reply if I want.

If you don't like people disagreeing with your ideas, this may not be the place to air them.

It's either trolling, or complete lack of reading skills. Op even stated what their suggestion was in a clearer way after your first response, and you either intentionally responded to nothing they said, or ignorance. At this point you're complaining the op decided to say you're intentionally being ignorant rather than are.

The life support system isn't really an integral part to survival the mission type, and ESO also already does the same thing but in a more consistent manner, and you even said you dislike the system, and acknowledged survival is more or less about surviving against enemies that continue to scale. Op literally said the only thing that should be removed is the life support system, and there be a focus on dealing with the scaling enemies.

Survival should've just had enemies scale quicker and gotten rid of the life support system. Replace it with something else that actually involves surviving, or at least alternate objectives. Kuva Survival for example is at least more than just afk in a corner and be immune to death. Given it's SP, rotational rewards could've just be tied to defeating the Acolyte in addition to what ever side objectives.

Also, no, I don't have issues with life support even multiple hours in, and is one of the reasons I don't care if it got deleted. It has absolutely no impact on me currently, and not like I would miss it if it ever got removed/replaced.

Then there's the fact the op asked for it to be something optional, so if you have fun interacting with a system that you already expressed has a negative impact on your enjoyment, you would still be free to do so.

19 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

It's either trolling, or complete lack of reading skills. Op even stated what their suggestion was in a clearer way after your first response, and you either intentionally responded to nothing they said, or ignorance. At this point you're complaining the op decided to say you're intentionally being ignorant rather than are.

The life support system isn't really an integral part to survival the mission type, and ESO also already does the same thing but in a more consistent manner, and you even said you dislike the system, and acknowledged survival is more or less about surviving against enemies that continue to scale. Op literally said the only thing that should be removed is the life support system, and there be a focus on dealing with the scaling enemies.

Survival should've just had enemies scale quicker and gotten rid of the life support system. Replace it with something else that actually involves surviving, or at least alternate objectives. Kuva Survival for example is at least more than just afk in a corner and be immune to death. Given it's SP, rotational rewards could've just be tied to defeating the Acolyte in addition to what ever side objectives.

Also, no, I don't have issues with life support even multiple hours in, and is one of the reasons I don't care if it got deleted. It has absolutely no impact on me currently, and not like I would miss it if it ever got removed/replaced.

Then there's the fact he op asked for it to be something optional, so if you have fun interacting with a system that you already expressed has a negative impact on your enjoyment, you would still be free to do so.

I'm not trolling, and neither am I illiterate or ignorant.

I never said life support had a negative impact on my enjoyment or that I disliked the system.   In my opinion, the life support system is very much needed in order to bring another fail condition to the mission type rather than just running out of revives, which in a squad could mean you could literally go on forever.   Having to keep an eye on life support levels, as well as making sure you're obviously killing stuff as quickly as possible, adds a secondary stress factor to the mission.

Now, I've done plenty survivals where life support has never dipped below 70%.  I've also done those same survivals in the same way and life support has been a constant challenge.   If life support is never even a factor, a big part of the challenge is taken away.   Let's be honest, if you're geared up, staying alive is not that difficult. 

ESO has a fail condition built in in terms of efficiency which means, eventually, you're doomed to fail.  It also means that in order to progress far, you're pigeon holed into a few meta picks.

You appear to be against the idea of "afk in a corner and be immune to death", which i would happily agree with you on.  However, without a secondary fail state, thats all this mission would become.   And doing survivals with an option to not need/want/use life support would have to be a brand new mission type, but you'd still need to introduce some form of secondary fail state or else it would just be too easy.   Itd be like doing interception without having to capture towers.

Finally, I'd like to point out how I was able to get through saying all of that without being insulting to either you or the op.   I'm simply giving my differing opinion on a topic   and trying to do so in a respectful way.   Sadly, these days this approach seems to be quite rare.

5 hours ago, XJR15 said:

Why would I want to play the mission? What is my motivation? How would it be different from ESO? Is the reason you're suggesting this because you don't want to run 200-400m to the nearest LS Tower? Or maybe you're just sick of hearing Lotus' voice? Is your HUD too crowded? When I try to envision your suggestion all I think of is ESO or the Simulacrum with constantly spawning enemies. You mentioned using up all your revives, traditionally revives are not considered when designing a game mode. The original Arbitration was the golden example for this, up until lots of players complained that it was "too easy" to lose.

Maybe you should clarify how your suggestion is different from what is available. Right now your idea has little-to-no value. I can think of a handful of people that would love it and huge swarming mass of mob players that would hate it. "It's not fair", "why I am forced to play this mode for reward X?", "it's for elitist players and not noob friendly", and the list would go on and on and on, and on.

BTW Orphix Venom event was basically the type of survival mission you wanted. I didn't find it very cerebral. You have 99 seconds to kill the target or you lose/forced-to-leave.

2 hours ago, Yamazuki said:

It's either trolling, or complete lack of reading skills.

You lack context and you are mistaking their emotional expression ("NO NO NO") as stubbornness. The context is: this isn't the first time this topic has come up.

1 hour ago, (XBOX)Hyperion Rexx said:

However, without a secondary fail state, thats all this mission would become. 

That is exactly my concern too.

4 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Well I guess nightmare survival with no shield modifier would be the closest thing then.

I wish we could get more types of nightmare missions. Many of the types (like insta-death expodie barrels) were removed before I started playing.

Imho from a game design perspective, DE did tried to eliminate the life support capsules to add more challenge.

But of course, simply turning it off would just be lazy -if could be considered as "game design" at all.

So the twist they came up with was "what about giving player option to not use time extension, in return they would be awarded with something else". Basically following the classic risk-reward formula in game design. And so we have the kuva survival.

I'm sorry for op that many people here failed to express their disagreement with more respect. but from where I'm standing, sometimes we have ideas and forget that DE is actually a good game developer, they did made this game. Not everything in warframe could use player suggestions.

Archived