Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DOJO - Open Space decoration limit need to be increased.

MollAgdeduba

Title say everything.

Why i'm creating this post? Well... in my dojo i've 5 open space room, and 4 of them don't have too much decoration slot to be considered "complete".

The problem is this: in the open space room there are a lot of decoration slot, but if you use the room to create a closed space (a hall, a room, a cave or something closed), you need to use more than half of the slot just to "close". After the wall and floor are constructed, ususally tou don't have enought decoration slot to create something really detailed inside the room.

Here some image about my "open space room" and theyr relative problem:

This should be a "holding deck" and main storage area of a spaceship. But as you can see, after the use of all decoration slot in the ground floor, nothing remain for put detail on the wall, resulting in big grey room.

open1.jpg

The following one is supposed to be a Library, but as you can see, after have used almost the decoration slot to have a great room shape and detailed wall nothing remained to decorate the "inside the room"

open2.jpg

And that's a third example: an infested room, but more balanced between room wall/floor and inner decoration. Resulting both look great, but both are incomplete.

open3.jpg

9 minutes ago, MollAgdeduba said:

Title say everything.

It is unlikely to be increased due to the technical limitations. DE is worried about stability and load times. More decorations could increase the time it takes to load into the dojo.

I would like a higher capacity too.

2 minutes ago, krc473 said:

It is unlikely to be increased due to the technical limitations. DE is worried about stability and load times. More decorations could increase the time it takes to load into the dojo.

I would like a higher capacity too.

That's true, but you can put 50 open space and full them with decoration, and those wil load more than one open sace with double capacity i think... 

1 minute ago, MollAgdeduba said:

That's true, but you can put 50 open space and full them with decoration, and those wil load more than one open sace with double capacity i think... 

the difference is that we could still do that with an increased capacity. In both cases we can place and fill up 50 open space rooms. But with your suggestion one lot of the 50 rooms can hold double what the others can. So increasing the capacity would still have a greater load on the system.

I suppose one way to get around that would be to “donate” built rooms to increase capacity of a room. So, you provide one room with the resources required to build a second and you get double the decoration capacity. This donated room would cost the dojo the same amount of room capacity as if it had been placed normally. So you are increasing your room’s decoration capacity while decreasing the dojo’s capacity for rooms. 

Archived