Jump to content

Recommended Posts

First things first : How I use Grendel after having played Grendel with various builds in steel path

So far and unfortunately his best use as a "fat Inaros" that can insta kill corpus dudes with only 100% strength.


My build is just > 1k armor and >3k HP, adaptation, arcane grace, arcane energize, primed flow, naramon school (for combo), and an augur mod (range for exemple) to benefit from shield gating.
With that you can make SP lua survival runs (with a crit / corrosive paracesis, that's still enough to rekt corpus after 1h, and the weapon build is rather made to kill sentients and acolyte).

This build is more efficient than "trying to go for his 4th" or "trying edgy build with high strength".

the gameplay in lua is simple :

  • eat ennemies and vomit them as soon as you have a dozen in your belly (even with only 100% strength it still kills up lvl 160 and more)
  • use 2nd only to get energy buff (the rest is meh, and cycling is too long),
  • don't use his 3rd, ever (subsume it with something usefull, mag pull or octavia resonator)
  • don't use his 4th appart for the meme
  • Yolo dive everytime you see a nullifier (i.e. constantly past 20min) using Sundered Tusk attack (Cleaving Whirlwind stance for the paracesis)
    • eat everything once the nullifier is dead
    • use your 2nd ASAP
    • vomit (hold 1st) as soon as you have ~15 victims in your belly
  • you can eat sentient, which is useful to reduce there armor and cancel battalyst lasers

 

My opinion about grendel's "problems" :

  • his armor boost as passive is useless, you usually don't keep people in you belly, and +50 is meh (as you can have >1000 with mods, or arcane)
  • his 2 don't really gives options, as cycling is too long, damage on hit doesn't scale, and toxin damage is useless as you already have huge toxin damage with his 1st
  • his 3rd is supposed to deal damage, but in fact is less efficient than his 1st, and the "ranged attack" gimmick with slow projecticle is useless when you can dash with your tenno and vomit
  • his 4th may deal damage, but less than your 1st, is clunky to use, and you're too vulnerable to AoE
  • Eating ennemies prevent from Nekros despoils / Khora cage, which makes him not really good in survival

 

My suggestions :

Passive : remove the armor buff, replace is with "+30% to steal additionnal loot on ennemies when using Feast" This may help in survival and to get blue energy orbs

1. Feast : no changes it's good as it is.
2. Nourish : remove cycling and make all buff available at once (damage buff is meh and ennemy damage on hit is bad, but it's fluff)

3. Regurgitate : it should compete with vomit damage or provide some CC. for example make it deal 1000 toxin damage, and 1000 gas damage and 1000 corrosive damage with 100% chance to proc all 3 status. Or make it deal and proc both Toxin and Heat to give some CC.
4. Pulverize : it's sad that you need a exilus augment mod to make it less clunky, but let's keep it that way. What his 4th really need is RD, to enjoy the fun even at high level and with ennemies spamming AoE. Fixed 50%, or 50% scaling up to 75% with ability strength should be OK.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I made the suggestion that his kit should reward using his gimmick of eating enemies.

so basically massively reducing the energy drain of his 1, and having the effects of his other abilities scale with the number of enemies Grendel eats. Also give his 3 armor strip.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MonsterOfMyOwn said:

his 4th may deal damage, but less than your 1st, is clunky to use, and you're too vulnerable to AoE

unlike his 1, for some reason, meatball mode has a 10 enemy hard cap where the damage doesn't scale beyond that. literally the simplest and most direct solution for improving grendels ult is to remove that 10 enemy cap. it would also justify it's massive energy drain and clunky movement.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, cococciolo said:

unlike his 1, for some reason, meatball mode has a 10 enemy hard cap where the damage doesn't scale beyond that. literally the simplest and most direct solution for improving grendels ult is to remove that 10 enemy cap. it would also justify it's massive energy drain and clunky movement.

Oh the fun i would have with an energy efficient max range infinite scaling pulverize mmmmh

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

Oh the fun i would have with an energy efficient max range infinite scaling pulverize mmmmh

yeah it'd definitely would be more fun and useable but his 1 would probably still beat it in damage, atleast removing the cap would help stomach the pure impact damage, movement, and energy drain.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I changed  Grendel meatball mode to blood altar and that working well with rage mod. 

Ihave armor about  1600 plus arcane grace and arcane guardian both max.

Hitpoints i have 4600 and if i need more healing power then i using melee weapons which healing.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
il y a une heure, (XBOX)Erkwounder a dit :

I changed  Grendel meatball mode to blood altar and that working well with rage mod. 

Ihave armor about  1600 plus arcane grace and arcane guardian both max.

Hitpoints i have 4600 and if i need more healing power then i using melee weapons which healing.

 

 

Lmfao, you managed to really make an Inaros out of Grendel 🤣

Link to post
Share on other sites

Grendel's main issue is his energy drain from his 1 and 4, imo. The 1 is so essential for his kit that the fact that that single ability can make it so you can't actually use his other abilities is kinda unfun and disappointing. 

Another thing is that he doesn't get rewarded for devouring multiple enemies. The armour is nice but unnoticeable if you use mods and adaptation, not to mention the cap on his 4 is odd. What would make him more fun is if, similar to to empower subsume, he gains increased power on his next ability cast based on how many he has eaten. And also, if they fixed the horrendous drain on his 4, then he could be more fun to play, because right now, you have to micro-manage his energy so much that you can't play him casually without the guy becoming a second Inaros. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, YikersDikers said:

Grendel's main issue is his energy drain from his 1 and 4, imo. The 1 is so essential for his kit that the fact that that single ability can make it so you can't actually use his other abilities is kinda unfun and disappointing. 

Another thing is that he doesn't get rewarded for devouring multiple enemies. The armour is nice but unnoticeable if you use mods and adaptation, not to mention the cap on his 4 is odd. What would make him more fun is if, similar to to empower subsume, he gains increased power on his next ability cast based on how many he has eaten. And also, if they fixed the horrendous drain on his 4, then he could be more fun to play, because right now, you have to micro-manage his energy so much that you can't play him casually without the guy becoming a second Inaros. 

First what coming to my mind is how you soak swarm of enemies on your Grendels belly and keep them there. That is mistake what many players do. I mean they dont control energy consumption at all that way. If i want to use meatball mode i nick picking enemies first and trying checking what i want to eat. For example ancient healers and noxes are good option to eat. Why? Because 1 enemy hanging looong time Grendels belly before they die in there.

It is quite pointless soak enemy. Group in your belly, because that armor buff is practical useless. If you have already armor ~2100, then you have ~87% damage reduction + group enemies in your belly whihc brings something armor, BUT NOT SO MUCH DAMAGE REDUCTION. There is reason for that too.   

Armor and damage reduction DOESNT scaling 1:1 

If i wanted soak enemies my Grendels stomach i spitting them out immidiatly and then killing them other way. For example just melee killing them. That is fine way to use that first ability. So i basically just collecting enemies to me and them killing then front of me.

2:nd and 3:rd skill are useless to my setups what i use my Grenel. Because ii dont need nourish at all and that regurgigate (third skill) is useless. Because guns doing same job better and withouth energy counsumption.

 

I suggesting to you use alot HP and armor ~2100 with rage mod, because you got alot energy if  ou take damage.

 

 

Ps: My english is not perfect and that is my way to say things. So hope so you understand and not beeing offended.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, (XBOX)Erkwounder said:

First what coming to my mind is how you soak swarm of enemies on your Grendels belly and keep them there. That is mistake what many players do. I mean they dont control energy consumption at all that way. If i want to use meatball mode i nick picking enemies first and trying checking what i want to eat. For example ancient healers and noxes are good option to eat. Why? Because 1 enemy hanging looong time Grendels belly before they die in there.

It is quite pointless soak enemy. Group in your belly, because that armor buff is practical useless. If you have already armor ~2100, then you have ~87% damage reduction + group enemies in your belly whihc brings something armor, BUT NOT SO MUCH DAMAGE REDUCTION. There is reason for that too.   

Armor and damage reduction DOESNT scaling 1:1 

If i wanted soak enemies my Grendels stomach i spitting them out immidiatly and then killing them other way. For example just melee killing them. That is fine way to use that first ability. So i basically just collecting enemies to me and them killing then front of me.

2:nd and 3:rd skill are useless to my setups what i use my Grenel. Because ii dont need nourish at all and that regurgigate (third skill) is useless. Because guns doing same job better and withouth energy counsumption.

 

I suggesting to you use alot HP and armor ~2100 with rage mod, because you got alot energy if  ou take damage.

 

 

Ps: My english is not perfect and that is my way to say things. So hope so you understand and not beeing offended.

First, don't worry about your English. I understood what you were trying to say. 

Second, I do use a lot of hp and armour. The issue I have with him isn't his tankyness, it's the fact that with his 1 being so essential for his kit and him having this fantasy of eating everything, the energy drain being so staggeringly high, for me at least, the theme falls short. Because what's the point of eating all these enemies to fuel your abilities if in the end, you have no energy left to even cast them. 

And yeah, I agree with you, his 3 is useless, his 1 has a shotgun like feature that works infinitely better.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...