Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What would make you more interested in warframe

(PSN)Frost_Nephilim

From what I have heard from friends who stopped playing or do not want to try Warframe, is that it all became too fast for them. Dashing through corridors, spamming AoE is the direction the game went into but it is at odds with potential players who would prefer a more tactical approach.

A return to its roots as a looter shooter, which is still how it's marketed, even though the devs seem intent on adding things that are as far removed from it as possible (two types of space combat, nemesis system, three open worlds with a 4th one on the way...)

To be brutally honest?

Balance. Not even difficulty - just an even playing field for once.

The game's a knot of damage multipliers (positive and negative), exploited resource economies (by which I mean ammo and energy) and huge grinds to counteract how trivial content is. Most strategies for combat encounters don't really come down to thinking 'how am I gonna fight them' because outside of a very select few circumstances, you can completely invalidate their ability to do anything to you, so it comes entirely down to how much damage you can stack - and therefore, DE responds by stacking more damage resistances on top. Your favourite weapons get left behind, and you can't get the experience you wanted anymore. Likewise for enemy damage dealing, where bosses just get more and more to match how much extra EHP they have. Especially before shieldgating, a risk/reward playstyle was pointless, because the risk was massive, and the reward less than a safer build. Shield Gating did reduce the former, but not the latter.

If I had one desire for Warframe Revised going forward, it's a stat squish. Enemies and players, health, damage, whatever. And then build something better from it.

20 hours ago, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Just wondering what you guys want more of

For example:

- Better new player experience (more tutorials with better quality)

- Reworks 

- More open worlds

- More quest

- More Warframes

You can add more to this list of course, and rank them by which you want most to least

This is actually a great question. I just had this question myself.

Even as an intermediate player, i keep finding myself googling for stuff. So yeah, more tutorials with better quality will definitely be appreciated.

Which brings me to the next point: i understand that GaaS need to keep evolving to survive, but why do i feel that warframe always tried to reinvent the wheel?

If i look at other GaaS like ffxiv or mhw:iceborne, they don't always introduce new groundbreaking things with every updates. mhw for instance, is a game about hunting monsters. So updates that introduces new monsters are usually enough to satisfy majority of its fanbase.

Warframe -at least for me, is a game about feeling powerful in an exosuit that's specifically made for destruction. Why not update the starchart? Make a new planets with interesting fresh designs, probably new enemies, that drops new resources to make new weapons, but same old node system and missions that we all have accustomed with. Why always try to introduce spaceships and mechs or hoverboards that might ended up never used by players?

I mean, prime access works. It has been proven that players love their new frames. the core game. Why not improve the core game? keep adding frames, add new planets, instead of trying to reinvent the wheel everytime?

But it's just me. Interested to hear what others have in mind.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Soy77:

Warframe -at least for me, is a game about feeling powerful in an exosuit that's specifically made for destruction. Why not update the starchart? Make a new planets with interesting fresh designs, probably new enemies, that drops new resources to make new weapons, but same old node system and missions that we all have accustomed with. Why always try to introduce spaceships and mechs or hoverboards that might ended up never used by players?

I

Because players are already powerful, in fact we are all absolutely overpowered at the moment. I understand why the devs create the new mechanics like mechs and railjack, because they offer a new progression system that doesn't neccessarily put even more power on the players warframe.

Personally I am all for developing railjack, but it also needs to be more connected to the rest of the game.

34 minutes ago, Prexades said:

Because players are already powerful, in fact we are all absolutely overpowered at the moment. I understand why the devs create the new mechanics like mechs and railjack, because they offer a new progression system that doesn't neccessarily put even more power on the players warframe.

Personally I am all for developing railjack, but it also needs to be more connected to the rest of the game.

This.

There's an upper limit on the amount of power a game can give to a player. Eventually, there's no more - Power Creep is an unsustainable business model in the long term. There's good reason why Monster Hunter comes out with a new title every half-decade or so, even with World which was the first game to employ a live-service model of sorts with regular updates. It has diminishing returns, in no small part because the amount of mileage you get from new content is diminished when players know the new shinies will be rendered obsolete soon

I'm not saying that something as drastic as a new title or a Destiny Sunsetting approach is needed, because both of those are riddled with their own problems (indeed very similar to the above), but some form of refresh would be ideal. Preferably, something which both stat squishes things down and opens more avenues for play and build variety. There will always be a mathematical 'best', but that best doesn't have to be a hundred, a thousand times better than other options.

On 2021-02-21 at 10:45 AM, (PSN)IIFrost_GhostII said:

Just wondering what you guys want more of

For example:

- Better new player experience (more tutorials with better quality)

- Reworks 

- More open worlds

- More quest

- More Warframes

You can add more to this list of course, and rank them by which you want most to least

11 minutes ago, (PSN)narrowband56K said:

Being able to move my account from console to pc

This but being able to log-in with our account on whatever platform we so choose, whenever we want. 

I want to be able to play on a PC once I build one and when I travel I want to play on my account on my NSW.

Less fisheye, and perhaps if one of my RL friends decided to play when I do.

That's about it. Perhaps a new set of enemies like the three main factions, another set of pixels to smash is always nice.

I play each game for what it is, not what it could be or what I think it should be, I play them for what they are.

WF is good enough to keep me playing it, while there are about 300 other games I ignore.

I play to kill lots of pixels and relax and WF delivers.

If I want a different experience, I load up a different game.

Archived