Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

are they incapable of Fixing/buffing Companion abilities? if so why do they keep releasing more companions?

it took me a while to farm the new pets Because i was reluctant on getting them.

Basically the only pet i actually respected and kept with me is the Sly vulpaphyla, just because it's evasion ability stacks well with a Xaku that doesn't shoot guns, and it's immortal

but the rest are so bad...for example the pharaoh predasite's abilities has very poor range, buggy and stupid Ai prevents it from doing anything right.

can't we have like an update JUST for companions? fixing all their problems and issues and making them Faster, smarter etc?

• Like 3

They did "fix" a companion problem: by making the new ones immortal. 🤣

A companion update is sorely needed, along with a re-look at sentinel weapon damage as they're obsolete given the constant buffing of all other damage over time, the inability to put link mods on sentinels and other inconsistencies (not that I think link mods are any good, they should have better standalone health/armour/shield boosters). At the same time the should fix a few problems such as moas falling through the floor. An update is needed.

• Like 9
37 minutes ago, gbjbaanb said:

Hah, yeah. DE thinking: No need to fix old stuff if you just replace them with new, better versions. Soon you can use all companion subspecies specific abilities on all companions so DE can ignore them till the end of the game. Balance? HAH!

At least the sentinels don't run into an AoE, decide to make a nest there and die as they are incapable of moving because they got stuck on...well, who knows what, since there is nothing there.

11 minutes ago, (PSN)Yggranya said:

At least the sentinels don't run into an AoE, decide to make a nest there and die as they are incapable of moving because they got stuck on...well, who knows what, since there is nothing there.

True, they just die instantly when they reach an enemy level that could theoretically live long enough for a Sentinel to actually cast an ability

• Like 4

Pets 2.0 are long promised feature with general overhaul on how we can utilise them (companion command system) as well as their overall purpose (reintroduced heavily with newest iteration of Deimos creatures).

This is being worked on, but it seems it isn't on top priority list at the moment.

• Like 2
vor 6 Stunden schrieb (PSN)Hopper_Orouk:

it took me a while to farm the new pets Because i was reluctant on getting them.

Basically the only pet i actually respected and kept with me is the Sly vulpaphyla, just because it's evasion ability stacks well with a Xaku that doesn't shoot guns, and it's immortal

but the rest are so bad...for example the pharaoh predasite's abilities has very poor range, buggy and stupid Ai prevents it from doing anything right.

can't we have like an update JUST for companions? fixing all their problems and issues and making them Faster, smarter etc?

is also a hot topic.
there are already areas where pets can definitely be used: scanning grass, fishing etc. but you don't play that all the time. I don't even use panzer anymore. I used to like to use it with saryn on focus farming and now all schools are maxed ...
I haven't needed ammunition for a long time ... so sweet carrier has not been used for years.

you can't really use them for damage either, because they usually do nothing or damage is ridiculously low (and that with max damage mods! .................)

even i'm not really satisfied with kitty. their buffs are far too random and mostly inappropriate.

do you remember diablo2 (especially with mods)? there were real pets! deadly damage and usable buffs.
or devs should at least take a look at pet from wukong ... at least it does something ...

Edited by Battle.Mage
  • Like 1

I suspect that usage stats don't indicate they're as big of a problem as players act like they are. People still use Sentinels for their convenience while most content is already in the level ranges where they function just fine. If anything has changed in usage recently it would just be how many are using just Vulpaphylas now but there are still going to be those using just Predasites now too.

And regardless of if/when pets get a 2.0 update it wouldn't stop them from making new companions in the meantime. The game only survives off new content getting released after all. 

supposedly a pets 2.0 system is coming Soon™, but nobody really knows when.

right now though there really is little use for any companion that isn't Panzer Vulpaphyla, save maybe resource farming with Smeeta. I've said it before and I'll keep saying it: DE needs to make a decision on what they want companions to be: utility based, or with a meaningful effect on DPS.

- companions as utility would work much better if DE made them invincible: since they would be pure utility and therefore not affecting a player's DPS directly, there would be no harm in making them immune to damage so that players wouldn't have to worry about them dying all the time. 

- companions as an additional source of damage output is let down by the fact that.. well, they don't really do much damage. keeping them vulnerable to damage would be fine, if they were actually a threat by themselves. I know DE doesn't want our pets basically playing the game for us, but that can be solved by keeping companion AI limited, but with a command wheel that lets you instruct your companion to stay close, go on the hunt, hold an area etc.  

as it currently stands we have the downside of vulnerable companions with minimal utility and not enough damage at higher levels. 

The last time I was really using sentinels was when I had the Soma Prima as my main weapon and was constantly running out of ammo. Having the Carrier Prime with me fixed this, but that was like 4 years ago.

21 hours ago, gbjbaanb said:

A companion update is sorely needed, along with a re-look at sentinel weapon damage as they're obsolete given the constant buffing of all other damage over time, the inability to put link mods on sentinels and other inconsistencies (not that I think link mods are any good, they should have better standalone health/armour/shield boosters). At the same time the should fix a few problems such as moas falling through the floor. An update is needed.

This. Derpy ai. Wildly inconsistent survivability. Bugs. Abilities/precepts that arent worth using at all. Ever.

I bet it boils down to either smeeta, panzer, or sly for the vast majority of players. Maybe adarza for eidolons. Maybe.

We have 3 great companions atm.

Panzer, looks odd on paper, but probably the best companion when used. It can heal, it makes sure there is always a viral proc on targets even on your first hit, easy to maintain viral spread and so on. Plus it is immortal.

Smeeta, great if you want the chance at extra loot, not so good if you have red crit weapons since you run a risk of debuffing yourself quite often.

Adarza, great damage boosting companion thanks to the reliable crit buff.

Neither of the 3 really suffer from the bad A.I either of companions.

Then we have the Sly, which is decent on some frames.

Like it's been mentioned before, it's either smeeta or one of the variants that can't die.
DE disabled all the useful supporting functionality that the rest of the pets had or could have had.
I might be using Helios for Simaris rep and plant farms. Wouldn't that be a novel idea?
But no that would obviously be too overpowered. Lets just have everyone use the double loot buff cat all the time.

If a designer makes a pet but no one uses it. Did the designer make a pet at all?

The fact that I can scrape my robot MOA up off the floor but, my little buddy Death cube is just blow to bits is just dated. I mean how hard would it be for DE to spend a little time to add some code to let us revive sentinels 

• Like 2

You realize of course that anything DE implements have to be in a bugged state first, which they would then need to do 5 hotfixes to get into a workable stable state?

I can already see the infinite Dethcubes because the Respawn mod would duplicate it every time it "died" and you reviving the one that "died"

On 2021-02-21 at 6:38 PM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

And that's why I don't use it. You have to NOT USE guns or melee to get buff. And only Xaku could get "decent" buffs from it as other frames don't have 75% evasion.

Immortal? So what? Half of mods won't work for cats/foxes.

Even rank 4 mod from Son is huge.... ridiculous thing.

On 2021-02-21 at 1:33 PM, gbjbaanb said:

If we could revive or have a user ability to refresh our Sentinels would be awesome. It sucks when Helios ends up splattered from AoE damage.