Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why couldn't we get Bursas as companions instead of MOAs? Why can't we have both?

_4shes

Opinion

I'm speaking of these beefy guys 

20210221152558_1.jpg

There's so much potential in these guys. So like companions from Deimos there's 3 parts required to build a companion. What if when you destroy an enemy Bursa you get a part that you repair and apply to your own Bursa? Like the weapons and the ability they can use. I don't know how OP or broken giving them the ability to have their weapons modded would be but it's a fun little idea. We can have offensive , support, defense, area control and much more. Maybe their main downside could be their mostly stationary and sentry-like. 

17 minutes ago, _4shes said:

. I don't know how OP or broken giving them the ability to have their weapons modded would be but it's a fun little idea

I assume they would have to run with the current robot companion weapons (plus additional added). So their weapons probably wouldn’t be an issue.

I actually thought DE was looking at giving us companion Bursa.

i'd love more robotic pets than just sentinals and MOAs but from a lore perspective, i'm not sure bursas would happen since they're not up in the Vallis and considering how strong/uncommon they are in high end missions, it would be a lot harder for Legs to get ahold of that technology as opposed to the MOAs that are as common as house flies lol

4 minutes ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

i'd love more robotic pets than just sentinals and MOAs but from a lore perspective, i'm not sure bursas would happen since they're not up in the Vallis and considering how strong/uncommon they are in high end missions, it would be a lot harder for Legs to get ahold of that technology as opposed to the MOAs that are as common as house flies lol

How about we bring the tech to him? Like on Deimos you have to capture a weakened animal to turn it into a pet. Heck we even hack them and turn them against the enemy.

Bursas are basically MOAs. I don't see why DE couldn't add parts for a Bursa companion.

See? It's a bipedal MOA... look at the preview picture of Isolator Bursa walking on 2 legs.

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Bursa

EDIT: Here's the Terra Embattor MOA

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/Terra_Embattor_MOA

That's a Bursa being called a "MOA"... because Bursas are MOAs (on steroids).

i remember fortuna teasers had basicly the armored moas with side plates as companions, and seem to behave more like armored heavy moas as opposed to walking turret, likely was too slow to keep up with the player though i wish there was a defensive veriant with a shield like vault that would try to shield the player.

40 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

i would also be for elite unit from corpus with deadly laser aoe. It should also be possible to pimp it with expensive equipment so that it does enough damage in SP.

Ambulas? Yep, those are cool too!

I'd love it if we had other Proxy companions: MOAs, Hyenas etc. at the very least a bulky set of MOA Parts to make them Look more like Bursas would be nice. each proxy type would be able to do different things:

- MOAs as they are now could act as great close quarters units as they can move relatively fast and can close distance on enemies quickly.

- Bursa Companions could act as lower, but tankier long-range alternatives, better suited to defensive engagements. 

- Hyena Companions could be fast, acrobatic attackers that can perform deadly hit-and-run strikes, and maybe even could share companion mods, since they are basically robotic Kavat/Kubrows in a sense.

That is one of the grand things about WARFRAME- the possibilities and potential there.

This is one of those ideas many want and DE could make it so...they just have to find a way to fit it in and do it. Give it too soon, and players burn through it and say Bored. Give it too late and the players do not really care. 

When were MOAs put in the game? maybe they do things by a certain time period of waiting. Hek, I am still waiting for PHORID to have a Design for each Faction he is overbearing on as well as seeing Ambulas and the other Robots do a Voltron since we had the Rebellion happen. Imagine getting a fight where we think we have them knocked out just to have a new bot show up that links Ambulas with the Raptor or connects with the Hyena Pack to form a 5 Meched Towerbot we gotta fight? 

Possibilities' and Potential.....

Archived