Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Buff the damage of sleight of hand and it's augment, let it convert universal ammo and new orbs, and stop it from triggering alarms all the time.

the Damage starts out really nice at lower levels, but for how situational this ability is, it needs to have a damage scaling mechanic to it.

however:

LEAVE THE ABILITY AS IS, I LIKE THE RANDOMNESS AND RNG BEHIND IT'S DAMAGE

all it needs is to deal it's explosion damage with a +30 or 60% of enemy health, just like jat kittag mod vulcan blitz.

additionally, it needs to react to the new type of orbs....Protea's health orbs should give 4x the damage since they provide 4x the normal health you get from a normal health orb

and lavos's Transmuted health and energy orbs, should explode with a mix between the two.

finally, universal ammo should also get converted but with one of the advanced elements like viral or corrosive. 

Absolutely not.

Unless sleight of hand receives a considerable nerf to functionality your proposed changes would make it far too overpowered. 

The only real reason I can see this suggestion coming up is that mirage with sleight of hand is already near broken when it comes to sanctuary onslaught. Your proposed changes would extend this into ESO (where mirage falls off quicker than saryn).

10 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Absolutely not.

Unless sleight of hand receives a considerable nerf to functionality your proposed changes would make it far too overpowered. 

The only real reason I can see this suggestion coming up is that mirage with sleight of hand is already near broken when it comes to sanctuary onslaught. Your proposed changes would extend this into ESO (where mirage falls off quicker than saryn).

well i don't do a lot of Sanctuary now, but i do know what you're talking about being completely overpowered there, HOWEVER SO works for her because there are a large group of enemies in a relatively confined space map, and your only job is to kill things, of course it would perform wonders with her there.

but outside of SO it's only a Crowd control tool, with moderate to low damage at high levels.

maybe you don't like the Vulcan blitz scaling idea, but how about the other suggestions?

shouldn't it react to other orbs and universal ammo as well? 

11 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

well i don't do a lot of Sanctuary now, but i do know what you're talking about being completely overpowered there, HOWEVER SO works for her because there are a large group of enemies in a relatively confined space map, and your only job is to kill things, of course it would perform wonders with her there.

but outside of SO it's only a Crowd control tool, with moderate to low damage at high levels.

maybe you don't like the Vulcan blitz scaling idea, but how about the other suggestions?

shouldn't it react to other orbs and universal ammo as well? 

The thing is you can't really adjust the damage numbers without it having a direct connection to usability in SO/ESO. 

If they were to increase sleight of hand's damage but restrict spamming it in SO/ESO then sure I am on board. I do agree that its utility outside of a very specific game type is disappointing.

Vulcan Blitz scaling, by the way, is useful but only against non-armored enemies. The damage from vulcan blitz gets reduced by armor so ends up being a pretty small amount of additional damage to armored enemies. 

Also, I do agree that it should affect other orbs and universal ammo.

• Like 1
On 2021-02-21 at 3:34 PM, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

the Damage starts out really nice at lower levels, but for how situational this ability is, it needs to have a damage scaling mechanic to it.

however:

LEAVE THE ABILITY AS IS, I LIKE THE RANDOMNESS AND RNG BEHIND IT'S DAMAGE

all it needs is to deal it's explosion damage with a +30 or 60% of enemy health, just like jat kittag mod vulcan blitz.

additionally, it needs to react to the new type of orbs....Protea's health orbs should give 4x the damage since they provide 4x the normal health you get from a normal health orb

and lavos's Transmuted health and energy orbs, should explode with a mix between the two.

finally, universal ammo should also get converted but with one of the advanced elements like viral or corrosive. 

I like the idea of it reacting to the new types of orbs, but increasing its base damage would make it way too good, and if was able to scale down, then it would become even more situational.