Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Does anyone who is MR30 even bother with doing the sortie?

I rarely do most content. Generally I just do whatever seems fun in the moment. Sortie is one of the things that never seems fun to me. I only ever do it if it comes up on Nightwave.

Does anyone even from MR20 and upwards? (probably even below)

It's not rewarding from the point you get access to Arbitrations and riven slivers that add up to a guaranteed reward.

Sometimes. I'm picky with it now though. I usually skip Disruption, some Assassinations, certain Defense tiles that I don't like. 

When I do them, I just hope for an Anasa though. 

• Like 1

I enjoy them. Except if there's a survival, excavation or other 'longer' missions, which I'll only do if I'm really into it. Interceptions are alright since I pretty much just need to hold my spot while the mission plays itself. But defense is a big no-no to me. Far too boring and long for my taste.

Edited by (PSN)Hikuro-93

Yep, still do them most days. Mostly in the hope of free boosters cause I'm too lazy to trade right now.

The only ones I tend to avoid are Spy missions with Toxin element or the Ambulas or Lephantis assassinations just cause they take too long.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, parttimeparty said:

I figured.

They really need some more dailies for veteran players. Otherwise we will just find a different game to play. 

LOL we've been saying that for the last 7 years. Ultimately veteran content doesnt make them money so they dont focus on it.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, kgabor said:

Does anyone even from MR20 and upwards? (probably even below)

It's not rewarding from the point you get access to Arbitrations and riven slivers that add up to a guaranteed reward.

I don't do both. I'm 25 or something.

Sorties are little forgiving (you can fail a little) so it's better for me. I hate it because I waste more time on loading than playing a game (my PC is not good).

However both rewards are not so good. For me it's too much effort for too little gain.

As for sortie I would like to get forma, legendary or maybe lenses but all I got is some endo.

As for Arbitration, mods are tradeable and other things are not worth the effort.

• Like 1

if they are quick (capture , mobile , spy , rescue , assassination ) and / or have to do with nightwave sure.

But if they are defense, disruption , defection or one specific boss which is : ambulas ,  i usually avoid them.

20 to 30min for an anasa isn't worth it to me.

Edited by (NSW)Gamma83
  • Like 1

After getting endo as a reward for literal years, I stopped doing them long ago, used to do them ever single day. I never got a legendary core, got a booster less than 5 times, once they introduced rivens I gained them pretty fast to the point I didn't care. I get way too much kuva from all sources now, and if anyone actually cares about sculptures other than for aesthetics (go for it I guess) the sorties are completely worthless.

With steel path now too, the 80-100 last sortie is not even close to a quick high level mission.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Gamma83 said:

But if they are defense, disruption , defection or one specific boss which is : ambulas ,  i usually avoid them.

20 to 30min for an anasa isn't worth it to me.

Exactly, if I see any sortie mission with a timer, instant ignore.

• Like 1

I do whenever I'm looking for something to do.

I'm not a big grinder of base resources anymore, so I rotate between things like Kuva, Ayatans, Steel Essence, I just do something like that per game session, so I'll end up doing a Sortie around twice a week.

MR29 here. I've always avoided Sorties because I dislike missions that I don't get to choose. Sorties pick the mission type, location and annoying pointless "challenge" setting for me with no agency on my part. Most of the Challenge settings are fine, but getting Elemental-immune enemies on a level 100 mission is just tedious and unfun. Honestly, I find most of Warframe's "player retention" systems to be overall pretty poor, from Arbitrations to Sorties to Steel Path to any of the various "grind is content" systems.

I'm only recently back from a multi-month ragequit over Deimos and the inexcusable grind that shipped with initially. These days, I'm mostly running random Lich missions since it's the only way I can sort-of pick enemy level that way without relying on the game deigning to spawn missions I like on the planets I like for Floods or Siphons. The moment DE add any kind of custom difficulty setting, I'm probably going to do exclusively that, rewards be damned. I've sunk over 3000 hours in this game. I'm done bothering with the rat race.

• Like 1

Not doing sorties and not doing sorties in public is different.

I speak for myself and on behalf of MR30 teammates, but we have enough stuff to rush through content while playing solo, and we are not in desperate need of endo / rivens.

When you need endo arbitration or sedna arena (with booster) are more rewarding

When you need riven, farm relic for plats and then buy the riven for the weapon you want.

Othewise riven shards for your weekly riven.