Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

what is worth to build (main wep) at 7mr at current meta ?

M4rr4j

Question

10 answers to this question

Problem is, when it comes to primary/secondary weapons, with MR7 you won't have access to anything even remotely "meta" aside from Kitguns - but for those you need to rank up in certain factions and gather a truckload of standing. That is if you don't have a good Riven mod to boost a low MR weapon.

My recommendation: Get a Hek, slap as many multishot/damage and single stat elemental mods on it as you can to amp up its raw damage (building for corrosive/cold is still rather viable), get to MR8 asap, build an Fulmin and/or a Corinth and start following meta from that point.

You can also try to get a slash based melee with medium to high status chance if you have access to mods like Weeping Wounds, Blood Rush and/or the gladiator Mod set. Built for viral slash this should get you through most content, perhaps even Sorties.

Other than that, if you want to get beyond regular star chart difficulty, you most likely need a higher MR. If you want to follow the "meta", you definately need a higher MR.

EDIT: The only exceptions are Kuva weapons, as these are not tied to MR at all. But to get those you'll need to fight Kuva Liches - which in turn will be pain in your rear end to vanquish if you have only access to low tier weaponry.

Don't worry about the "current meta" and just build whatever sounds fun! Most content in Warframe can be done without "Meta" weapons/builds - so just go try something out! As long as you mod the weapons correctly, they will all perform well enough.

When I was at MR7, I remember building Tigris and Sobek. They are both primary shotguns, but they are very different styles of shotgun. I found both of them really fun to use (although a lot of people do dislike Tigris's duplex trigger).

Other notable/amusing primary weapons available by MR7 include (in no particular order) Rubico, Baza, Cernos and Zarr.

This game is less about weapons and more about the important mods: base damage mods, elemental mods, powerful melee mods (Bloodrush, Weeping wounds, drifting contact, primed reach, berserker), Crit mods for guns, Multishot mods. With those you can make pretty much every gun strong enough for most reasonable content.

35 minutes ago, (NSW)BalticBarbarian said:

Don't worry about the "current meta" and just build whatever sounds fun! Most content in Warframe can be done without "Meta" weapons/builds - so just go try something out! As long as you mod the weapons correctly, they will all perform well enough.

When I was at MR7, I remember building Tigris and Sobek. They are both primary shotguns, but they are very different styles of shotgun. I found both of them really fun to use (although a lot of people do dislike Tigris's duplex trigger).

Other notable/amusing primary weapons available by MR7 include (in no particular order) Rubico, Baza, Cernos and Zarr.

I do admit I disliked Tigris until I understood the point. A friend explained that the standard firing is great for trash but the hold and release is murder on Eximus as the second shot seems to really pack a punch. I still take Tigris Prime or Sancti Tigris on Shotgun challenges like GotL say.

Baza I'm still not too fond of, Rubico is fun but Zarr will always be loved as leveling Hildryn I gave her it and the Klustar is it? Hand-held rocket launcher... she's doing either a Deimos as it is now or a Void mission when Stalker showed up. Now back then anytime I dared use leveling stuff he'd show up and own me. That stopped when Shadow Stalker met a then Rank 9 Hildryn and her Zarr. She owned him and the enemies around them, completed her mission and jumped to Rank 19, 13 she hit after owning Stalker xD.

Ahhh the Cernos. I love bows more than any other weapon as they need skill to really get best effect. I think many dislike the Daikyu especially as even with fire speed mods it's slower to use and cannot fire without full draw. I'm still proud of Stealth Killing with Headshot a Corpus Crewman with a Daikyu the length of the hangar bay area on particularly Venusian missions as it's not seen much afterwards. Cernos is pound-for-pound no Paris but it does have faster draw speeds. Later OP gets the Mutalist, Rakta, Proboscis and Prime variants that are all fun though Proboscis is eevil :P

At MR7, you're right on the edge of getting access to some fairly meta weapons.  However, the fact that you were so vague makes me think you haven't been experimenting properly.  Spend a few more ranks learning what weapon types you like the most, regardless of effectiveness and joylessly chasing popularity.  Figure out what weapon types go well with certain frame powers and what weapon combinations work well in different missions.  When you're ready for upgrades to specific weapons, you'll get better answers.

Unless you're getting "taxi"ed to places that are way higher than your level, I think most weapon still works very effectively at that level -if not one shot most enemies.

I agree with everyone else here: there are no meta yet for mr7, because every tactics are still effective. Just use this time to look for weapons that you like, and learn more about the game mechanics.

Also, don't get carried too much. Starchart can be cleared solo, and you'll be a much better player in the long run if you at least attempt to do so.

Archived