Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Data Cap of Octavia prime update (estimated data usage) Tomorrow

DrakeRyuujin

1 minute ago, DrakeRyuujin said:

hello I need to know how much data cap will the next update Require (feb 23rd) Im using mobile data and have very limited data cap. how much is estimated for a prime release?

Prime releases are generally much smaller than full blown updates but no one knows how big the download is going to be. Maybe a few hundred megabytes.

3 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Prime releases are generally much smaller than full blown updates but no one knows how big the download is going to be. Maybe a few hundred megabytes.

my home wifi is broken and all my family works with heavy data usage. I work with up and download of files and have to share a 100GB link. I live in Brazil so yeah data cap is very very limited for us 

9 minutes ago, DrakeRyuujin said:

my home wifi is broken and all my family works with heavy data usage. I work with up and download of files and have to share a 100GB link. I live in Brazil so yeah data cap is very very limited for us 

Well I would be surprised if it was over 1GB download for the prime access.

Trouble is we don't know how much has been preloaded and what other changes may be coming along with the Prime Access. They may include Tennogen or something. Tough to tell unless you've been following the release schedule avidly.

4 minutes ago, VoidArkhangel said:

~200mb if is only the prime maybe less

I hope so 

6 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Well I would be surprised if it was over 1GB download for the prime access.

Trouble is we don't know how much has been preloaded and what other changes may be coming along with the Prime Access. They may include Tennogen or something. Tough to tell unless you've been following the release schedule avidly.

I hope DE doesnt optimize game data and I have to redownload 6GB of data. because this will turn me inviable to play.

I wish I had my home back again I lost it due this pandemic situation. I'm living in a place that has no other ISP to change so yeah I'm pretty stuck. I even spent over R$150,00 with games on steam  days before my home wifi broke. and guess the only game Im playing is warframe right now. and I will have to cancel download if I have to download another 6GB of data

Just now, DrakeRyuujin said:

I hope so 

I hope DE doesnt optimize game data and I have to redownload 6GB of data. because this will turn me inviable to play.

I wish I had my home back again I lost it due this pandemic situation. I'm living in a place that has no other ISP to change so yeah I'm pretty stuck. I even spent over R$150,00 with games on steam  days before my home wifi broke. and guess the only game Im playing is warframe right now. and I will have to cancel download if I have to download another 6GB of data

Well I don't think it is necessarily a viable solution for you right now but keep your eyes open for starlink. If you are having ISP issues eventually starlink may be a good internet solution.

https://www.starlink.com/

7 minutes ago, DrakeRyuujin said:

is it satelite based internet service?

Essentially Starlink is a new type of internet service. It uses a dish receiver and connects to a network of thousands of satellites. 

You do need around 100 degrees of visibility between the receiver and the sky for it to work most effectively but the service should be available anywhere you can see sky (on the planet). Maybe not right this moment but in the next few years. They are sending more satellites up there all the time and I think the goal is to have tens of thousands of them in orbit.

1 hour ago, DrakeRyuujin said:

I hope so 

wow that sucks!!!! 

1 minute ago, DrakeRyuujin said:

yes. sadly. I've spent big money on discounted plat and spend many plat on 30 day boosters and now I may become unavailable depending on the update tomorrow

Well, here is hoping, for your sake, that most of it was pre-loaded and the update for octavia prime is super small. 

1 minute ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Well, here is hoping, for your sake, that most of it was pre-loaded and the update for octavia prime is super small. 

My limit and threshold to download this update will be 1GB higher than that is impossible. last month 100GB ended in a pinch. Like past the first fifteen months it has ended

I cannot spend too much data downloading games

Archived