Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Don't You Like Guns?

Traumtulpe

3 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

You seem to demand that any weapon at all, even those a new player would have available, need to be efficient at the hardest content this game has to offer. That does not seem like a good idea.

Yeah, it'd be terrible if players could use the weapons they actually enjoy! Because, uh...

https://giffiles.alphacoders.com/116/116755.gif

4 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Yeah, it'd be terrible if players could use the weapons they actually enjoy!

It'd be terrible if you were to use the same weapon from MR 6 to MR 30. Terribly boring. That, and money, are the two reasons why weapons get better with higher MR requirement.

I don't dislike guns. I used to, but that was due to my own hang-ups.

The assertion that melee is better is backed by simple facts - Melee has access to the best mods, as well as competitive base stats. For example, Blood Rush provides a 760% Crit Chance boost, which is the single biggest crit chance mod in the entire game. Nothing else even faintly compares, and the 'balancing' of needing a 12 combo is not much of a downside, considering that you need to land a hit once every 15 seconds to maintain it with Drifting Contact - which is to say, you need to land at least 20 hits per survival rotation

And, as people have pointed it out, Melee deals damage in AoE, and assuming that they survive the initial hit, you need to bear in mind many melees also have access to an innate ability to stunlock enemies infinitely as well, so that they are unable to fight back.

Just now, Traumtulpe said:

It'd be terrible if you were to use the same weapon from MR 6 to MR 30. Terribly boring. That, and money, are the two reasons why weapons get better with higher MR requirement.

You mean like how somebody could theoretically do with the Kuva Tonkor since you only need to be MR5 to get access to Kuva Liches?

10 minutes ago, Traumtulpe said:

You seem to demand that any weapon at all, even those a new player would have available, need to be efficient at the hardest content this game has to offer. That does not seem like a good idea.

There are 2 options:

1. You use an AoE weapon for AoE fights.
  2. You demand any weapon be made AoE so you can just use whatever.

The game already is too easy...

7 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Why did you quote me for that? Where did I say that?

I forgot to actually reply, my bad:

You say that we're completely wrong, that guns aren't bad then proceed to say single target guns are bad & only AoE weapons are to be used in SP

Which is exactly what we mean: Guns are bad, you keep contradicting yourself

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

You mean like how somebody could theoretically do with the Kuva Tonkor since you only need to be MR5 to get access to Kuva Liches?

Oof, I almost forgot Kuva Liches were personal Nemesis for end game players for a second

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Yes, that's bad. And a big part in why the Bramma got nerfed.

2 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

You say that we're completely wrong, that guns aren't bad then proceed to say single target guns are bad

No, I didn't say that. You bring the right tool to the right situation. You wouldnt want to kill a Steel Path boss with the Tonkor either.

13 minutes ago, Tyreaus said:

Some melee weapons won't get through higher tiered missions,

I dunno, I've done some crazy things with a Skana in the state that a completely new player (albeit one with some very generous friends gifting them mods) could get their hands on. 

No forma.

No potatoes.

Even less sanity.

1 minute ago, Traumtulpe said:

It'd be terrible if you were to use the same weapon from MR 6 to MR 30. Terribly boring.

Speak for yourself. I think the Paracyst is a neat weapon and I'd love to use it more often, too bad it can't scale as well as melee and the few viable guns.

WhY DoNt YoU lIKe gUnS?

N-nO, NoT ThOsE GuNs!

No, I didn't say that. You bring the right tool to the right situation. You wouldnt want to kill a Steel Path boss with the Tonkor either.

We just said that 90% of the guns are bad because they are rifles, shotguns, or snipers designed for single target

We just end up back to where we were: guns are bad as they are

Probably. Doesn't seem like new players are all eager to get one at MR 6 like they were with the Bramma. There are better options anyway.

Still doesn't change the fact that you don't technically need any other weapon, since you've shown it working on Steel Path Mot, that means it would work just fine from MR5 to 30.

Just now, Ailia_Grimm said:

We just end up back to where we were: guns are bad as they are

Snipers are meta for Bosses. How can they be bad? Launchers wipe the floor with Steel Path enemies, how can they be bad?

Don't try cutting your steak with a fork and a spoon. You might get funny looks.

34 minutes ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Fun fact: Did you know that the damage numbers that showed up when hitting an enemy were actually just pure visual & didn't show the actual damage the gun was doing

A gun showing 14 could be doing the same amount of damage as a weapon showing 2000, if not more

https://giant.gfycat.com/ComplexAjarArabianoryx.webm

Wow that's funny. Never played Anthem and now I'm happy I didn't.

Snipers are meta for Bosses. How can they be bad? Launchers wipe the floor with Steel Path enemies, how can they be bad?

Don't try cutting your steak with a fork and a spoon. You might get funny looks.

You didn't answer my point at all, let me make it simpler for you: 90% of the guns in the game are single target weapons, which makes 90% of the guns bad

It feels like I'm talking to a wall

Rubico Prime: Base damage = 187. Maximum concievable critical hit chance, sacrificing three slots, fire rate and requiring zooming in: 126%

Gram Prime: Base damage = 300. Crit Chance attained from one, low-cost mod and a little time: 243%

1 minute ago, Loza03 said:

Rubico Prime: Base damage = 187. Maximum concievable critical hit chance, sacrificing three slots, fire rate and requiring zooming in: 126%

Gram Prime: Base damage = 300. Crit Chance attained from one, low-cost mod and a little time: 243%

Don't forget that the Gram Prime has an extra 10 capacity thanks to a stance mod.

Meanwhile the Rubico Prime has...an Exilus slot it doesn't need.

You use single target guns for single target fights. Usually bosses.

I dislike repeating myself, so try to understand this time.

Sorry I don't speak "bad argument", really need to take those night classes and get certified in that language apparently.

Archived