Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Help me make stealth finisher build

Zeddypanda

Question

I've discovered the joy of prowling through steel path exterminate and finishing grineer off with ease. Currently I'm using a skijati, and I have a bronco prime with dizzying rounds for priming enemies for more finishers in case the first one didn't stick or they get alerted for some other reasons.

Corpus sometimes survive due to shield gating, though I counter that as much as I can by slapping magnetic onto the bronco. I think this loses me stealth affinity bonus though?

I've read the wiki about stealth finishers so I have some ideas already, but I still have questions.

- What's the highest HP enemy ill encounter that can be stealth finished on steel path? Assume I won't be doing anything endless with this build. Armour can be ignored since stealth finishers are true damage.

- What about the highest shield + hp on an enemy?

- I've got a +speed, +finisher riven for ceramic dagger, is there any hope I could use it for oneshot finishers despite the horrible stealth multiplier for daggers? The move speed looks pretty cool.

Any other tips on maximizing how good I can stealth dudes appreciated. Current plan is to subsume silence for deadly silence and its 300% finisher bonus.

14 answers to this question

you can deal with Shield issues by picking to maximize a Melee Weapon whos Finishers deal more than one Damage instance. :)
then all you gotta do is stack those Multiplicative bonuses, and you should dispatch with Enemies Shield or not without issue.

sounds like you already know the sheet for Finisher Multipliers, so just browse over that and look for something that appeals to you in having good Stealth AND Combat Finishers (you want both if possible just incase you end up using one or the other) that hit multiple times. 
bonus points if those multiple hits also can apply extra effects.

31 minutes ago, taiiat said:

bonus points if those multiple hits also can apply extra effects.

Hey whoa, what? How? Where?

On the topic of the damage table, I did check it. Pretty tempted to try making Ceramic Dagger work since the finisher for daggers hits twice, the speed of the dagger should make the finisher animation go faster, and the innate movement speed boost. I punched in the numbers and with my finisher riven and that dagger finisher mod it looked i should be able to do 50k damage for each of the two hits in the finisher without much trouble? That sounds like it should be plenty for anything. Condition overload and sleep arrow ought to be sufficient if something slightly tougher shows up, which only leaves dealing with acolytes.

I figure I'll just slap a silencer on a good primary, stand on a crit line, and do some headshots for when they spawn in.

36 minutes ago, Zeddypanda said:

On the topic of the damage table, I did check it. Pretty tempted to try making Ceramic Dagger work since the finisher for daggers hits twice, the speed of the dagger should make the finisher animation go faster, and the innate movement speed boost. I punched in the numbers and with my finisher riven and that dagger finisher mod it looked i should be able to do 50k damage for each of the two hits in the finisher without much trouble?

I'm really curious to hear how well it works.  Ceramic Dagger with its low base damage for a dagger seems far from ideal, and its high base speed doesn't help finishers. 

I know an Endura without a riven modded for finisher damage can one shot most things in SP.  OTOH, not even my finisher rivened Destreza Prime can one shot SP Noxes.

What are the stats on your riven?  Hopefully it's some craaazy amount of finisher damage.

That's the thing, I think my maths are off somewhere. I used these numbers:

140 // Base damage
    * (1 + 1.65 + 1) // Primed Pressure Point + Spoiled Strike
    * (1 + (0.9 + 0.9 + 0.9 + 1.027) / 2) // 3 Damage mods + Riven electricity
    * (1 + 1.0 + 0.6 + 1.33) // Covert Lethality + Finishing Touch + Riven F.
    * (2 + 2) // 2x + 2x Finisher attack
    * (1 + 7) // Stealth multiplier

= 184018

Even without a stealth multiplier that should still be 11501 x 2 damage, a bit over 20k x2 if I include Savage Silence. I'm having a hard time internalizing this being true when my Skijati is only about 11k last I looked, but that was vs Corpus who might have been reducing it with shield gates.

Regarding Nox, they have that weird, DPS-scaling damage reduction thing necramechs and eidelons and whatever have going for them that applies seperately from armour, so even though I should have enough damage to oneshot them, I probably won't. I'm fine with small special cases like these and will either shoot them in the face with a silent weapon, or just ignore them.

1 hour ago, Zeddypanda said:

Regarding Nox, they have that weird, DPS-scaling damage reduction thing necramechs and eidelons and whatever have going for them that applies seperately from armour, so even though I should have enough damage to oneshot them, I probably won't. I'm fine with small special cases like these and will either shoot them in the face with a silent weapon, or just ignore them.

That only applies until their glass mask is broken.

25 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

That only applies until their glass mask is broken.

Is the wiki wrong? Wiki page on Nox says they maintain it after breaking, but their face gets a different, less harsh damage reduction formula.

Either way, if I have to shoot them once to break the reduction, it's not very well a oneshot, is it.

1 minute ago, Zeddypanda said:

Is the wiki wrong? Wiki page on Nox says they maintain it after breaking, but their face gets a different, less harsh damage reduction formula.

Well I guess with a stealth finisher it might be correct but their head certainly takes a hell of a lot more damage once it's broken.

16 hours ago, Zeddypanda said:

Hey whoa, what? How? Where?

in particular, Rapier Finishers hit 3 times, and apply forced Slash on each one. :)
you can use whichever Weapon you like, though. i only have a Rapier for my Finisher Weapon because i inadvertently got a nice Finisher Riven for a Rapier so i just rolled with it. gets me a nice like ~900,000 + forced Slash per hit of the three hits.

7 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Well I guess with a stealth finisher it might be correct but their head certainly takes a hell of a lot more damage once it's broken.

aye, like 16x Damage or something the one time i compared before and after - but just to the Head.
granted people have reason to believe that most of these Special Enemies have dynamic DR so that value may change with different Guns.

7 hours ago, taiiat said:

in particular, Rapier Finishers hit 3 times, and apply forced Slash on each one. :)

I'm guessing you know this, but since the thread started out focused on stealth finishers I'll just point out they don't get the forced proc,   (And rapier front finishers don't get a multi attack, which is a shame.)

37 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I'm guessing you know this, but since the thread started out focused on stealth finishers I'll just point out they don't get the forced proc,   (And rapier front finishers don't get a multi attack, which is a shame.)

i see all standing Finishers as the same, i'm either staggering or Sleeping the Enemy. yeah idunno which is which, they blur together. since either one works for me.

3 hours ago, Teliko_Freedman said:

Since you are asking for "Stealth" finishers, I'd suggest adding in Helminth ability "Lull" from Baruuk.

Since it's an AoE that puts enemies to sleep, and applies amnesia.

Oh that's clever! I'm guessing Ivara's sleep arrows don't do the amnesia bit?

Archived