Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hek Endgame Build

GotBakingSoda

Question

I saw many posts that Hek is a suitable endgame weapon and most likely I won't use any weapons as I enjoy Hek so much and spend 2 formas on it and planning more on the future for it to make better.

My question is, is this sample build good? I'm open for suggestions.

Site used for this build: http://warframe-builder.com/s/170d60e3839401b4

2bCUNlh.png

17 answers to this question

9 hours ago, GotBakingSoda said:

Vaykor Hek, it's more of a raw damage/crit damage type of weapon 

Normal Hek is combination of raw damage and stats 

Actually normal hek have very slightly higher status chance, and people use status to pump the damage up. Of course multishots helps hek a lot, so there's no way everyone are not slapping scattered justice on it.

Vaykor on the other hand, already have higher base numbers. So it's just make sense to focus on raw and crits. However, you can still put status on vaykor with no problem, later into the game every weapon appreciates good status combos. In a matter of act, since it doesn't have to equip scattered justice, that's one extra free mod slot that can go for status.

============

I don't know what mr are you but your build looks fine. If you like a weapon, then you like a weapon. do what you can to make it viable as long as possible. That's what most of us do in warframe.

When mods hits their wall, you can do rhino, chroma, mirage, or whatever to keep the boat floating. Others with more experiences above me also has mentioned methods like adding slash proc, etc.

However, i agree with everyone here: you will definitely become stronger if you keep an open mind. If you're not too skeptical about every other weapons, one day you might stumbled into something that you like better.

24 minutes ago, GotBakingSoda said:

THIS. Despite Vaykor Hek is much better and powerful variant, my preferences is still on normal Hek because Scattered Justice ain't applicable for Vaykor Hek.

Well in that case, I would suggest you keep using and enjoying the Hek but don't dump too much Forma into it.  And since you like Shotguns, remember to work on your Entrati rep and check out the Cedo when you reach MR 8.

1 hour ago, GotBakingSoda said:

First of all, I don't care for weapon designs on how fancy they look. Second, yes I do enjoy shotguns. In fact, on every shooter or fps types of game I always picked shotgun (sorry bad habit i guess). Third, no, I just enjoy using this shotgun.

And lastly, as far as I saw posts on the web about Vaykor Hek, it's more of a raw damage/crit damage type of weapon which means it has a lot more power than the normal. Of course, I do love that. On ther other hand, Normal Hek is combination of raw damage and stats (correct me if I'm wrong on this part) - the reason why I enjoyed using this normal hek. And I tried building the same mods on Vaykor Hek, but it didn't fit on it. Though, still correct me if I'm wrong about these two shotgun.

Well, the main thing going for the Hek is the accessibility (low MR, no syndicate requirement, cheap).  That, and the Scattered Justice mod which cannot go on the Vaykor variant.  But its drawbacks are quite severe as well: tiny magazine size, long reload, low criticals, low fire rate.  So it is a great weapon to get and use early on, but quickly becomes outclassed by the time you reach the end of the Starchart.  Incidentally, I still kept mine (due to sentimentality) despite never using it anymore and sold the Vaykor Hek not long after leveling that.  I keep thinking I should probably sell it, but there's always another weapon I like less.

2 hours ago, Soy77 said:

Do you like the design? Or you just really enjoy using shotguns? Is somebody important to you use hek?

You seem to not interested even in the vaykor hek -which is basically just a better version of hek

First of all, I don't care for weapon designs on how fancy they look. Second, yes I do enjoy shotguns. In fact, on every shooter or fps types of game I always picked shotgun (sorry bad habit i guess). Third, no, I just enjoy using this shotgun.

And lastly, as far as I saw posts on the web about Vaykor Hek, it's more of a raw damage/crit damage type of weapon which means it has a lot more power than the normal. Of course, I do love that. On ther other hand, Normal Hek is combination of raw damage and stats (correct me if I'm wrong on this part) - the reason why I enjoyed using this normal hek. And I tried building the same mods on Vaykor Hek, but it didn't fit on it. Though, still correct me if I'm wrong about these two shotgun.

Hek is a decent shotgun. Yes it can get you pretty far. I guess what I'm curious about is "why"?

Do you like the design? Or you just really enjoy using shotguns? Is somebody important to you use hek?

You seem to not interested even in the vaykor hek -which is basically just a better version of hek

22 minutes ago, DeckChairVonBananaCamel said:

Just me personally, but i would replace vicious spread with another 60/60 mod like frigid blast, it does result in a 5% decrease in overall damage, but the status chance jumps from 17.1% to 23.6%

Also if you wanted punch through i would replace seeking fury with either seeking force or vigilante offence.
- Seeking force would double the punch through from seeking fury, and only lose ~0.14 seconds on the reload time (assuming you keep chilling reload)
- Vigilante offence would give a 50% increase in punch through over seeking fury, lose the ~0.14 seconds reload time BUT it would gain a small chance to increase the damage dealt by critical hits

Great! I saw the overall stats by replacing those mods by using warframe-builder, and yes your suggestion is great. Thank you for this, I have more varieties/alternatives on putting mods on my Hek.

Just me personally, but i would replace vicious spread with another 60/60 mod like frigid blast, it does result in a 5% decrease in overall damage, but the status chance jumps from 17.1% to 23.6%

Also if you wanted punch through i would replace seeking fury with either seeking force or vigilante offence.
- Seeking force would double the punch through from seeking fury, and only lose ~0.14 seconds on the reload time (assuming you keep chilling reload)
- Vigilante offence would give a 50% increase in punch through over seeking fury, lose the ~0.14 seconds reload time BUT it would gain a small chance to increase the damage dealt by critical hits

1 minute ago, vegetosayajin said:

Yes but for kill time it was the best when going to the 140-155lv exo.
The vaykor in most cases needed 2 shots for a target, the normal one 3 or 4. The point was it was still better then a normal build that sometimes didn't at all kill in a full mag.

Fair enough. I haven't tried so I will take your word for it 🙂

Just now, -CdG-Zilchy said:

I guess but wouldn't the bleed proc be less than on the Vaykor? Seeing as it would increase with damage I'd think the crit weapon would benefit more.

Yes but for kill time it was the best when going to the 140-155lv exo.
The vaykor in most cases needed 2 shots for a target, the normal one 3 or 4. The point was it was still better then a normal build that sometimes didn't at all kill in a full mag.

2 minutes ago, vegetosayajin said:

Tried it on both, it works better in the vaykor but it also works on the normal one pretty well(better then a pure damage one at least).Even with the pitiful cc it still crits most of the time because of the multishot.

I guess but wouldn't the bleed proc be less than on the Vaykor? Seeing as it would increase with damage I'd think the crit weapon would benefit more. Specifically meaning the tick per DoT here.

4 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Hunter Munitions on Hek? You sure you're not thinking solely about the Vaykor variant?

Tried it on both, it works better in the vaykor but it also works on the normal one pretty well(better then a pure damage build at least).Even with the pitiful cc it still crits most of the time because of the multishot.

16 minutes ago, GotBakingSoda said:

Hek is a suitable endgame weapon

Maybe 7 years ago when endgame was just running through the starchart (which is at most about as far as I'd expect it to take you). 

Build looks fine.  Whether or not it'll be worth investing all those formas and exilus adapter is the more pertinent question.  I'd personally not be too eager to invest too much into such an early weapon.  I mean, it's an okay weapon, but there's so much more out there.  If you're at a point where hek is the best weapon you can use, your objective shouldn't be to have some elusive "best" weapon, it should be trying out as many different weapons as you can get your hands on.

Archived