Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack - solo Gian Point - how to destroy crewships from afar?

(PSN)shann_cz

Question

Hi,

I soloed Gian point yesterday. I have all intrinsics on 7, almost all equipment MKIII. I returned into warframe after ~10 months.

I easily destroyed fighters using Tether. However I had to destroy crewships "manually" => hacking/destroying reactor. Because crewship survived my Tunguska cannon with few %hitpoints left. (I have maxed mod ForwardArtillery on maxed grid slot, it should get +80%+ damage). I was also not possible to remove shield from shielded crewships using ordnance missile. (I have only Tycho Seeker MKI)

QUESTIONS:

1.) Are you able to always destroy crewships using Tunguska cannon in the void? (in 1 shot)

2.) What kind of ordnance missile (secondary file) should I use to remove crewhip's shields?

14 answers to this question

Hello,

From the missions I did :

1/ not always, I believe shooting them on engines should do the trick but sometimes they still survive, dont have avionics for it though

2/ Tycho Seeker is your friend, wait until lock on thats when arrows are in target corners then shoot at ramsleds, shields etc.

Mk3 tycho seeker will destroy sheild generatorsif they hit the ship. I have my cannon avionics maxed. Usually I can one shot but do get the rare one that must survive on 3hp or something daft. It's probably a damage range and occasionally get screwed by rng on that.

I know if you score a hit on their engines you get a damage multiplier and can do something like 300k damage to them, but I'm too lazy to get into position.

I have the Cheap Shot avionic equipped as well so I have a 50/50 chance to not use ammo when firing so needing a second shot occasionally doesn't usually matter.

I Solo in the Veil and destroy Crewships one shot everytime hitting engines (unless I mess up the shot) and no forward artillery avionic needed in the Veil, DE have turned on Easy Mode in Railjack compared to when it hit our screens..

The shielded ones hit them with a missile, Tycho Seeker MKIII and then hit them with Forward Artillery.

You can get the MKIII Tycho Seeker from your Dojo Research in the Dry Dock, it makes a difference.

2 hours ago, (PSN)shann_cz said:

1.) Are you able to always destroy crewships using Tunguska cannon in the void? (in 1 shot)

2.) What kind of ordnance missile (secondary file) should I use to remove crewhip's shields?

1) Yes.

2) Just use normal ship guns to clear the sheilds, then artillery with the artillery damage avionic targeted at the engines. Often ill take the engines out as well to stop them moving.

19 minutes ago, chaotea said:

2) Just use normal ship guns to clear the sheilds, then artillery with the artillery damage avionic targeted at the engines. Often ill take the engines out as well to stop them moving.

Has DE changed something, because the last time I flew the Veil 3 weeks ago, the Crewships that glow a yellow shield, the generators couldn't be destroyed with normal ship guns. You had to use a MKIII Tycho Seeker then use the  Forward Artillery to destroy them if you didn't want to board them.

Or do you mean you shoot the ships to remove the red line shape until it's empty, then use Forward Artillery, if so you don't even need to do that on a normal Crewship.

10 minutes ago, Slayer-. said:

Has DE changed something, because the last time I flew the Veil 3 weeks ago, the Crewships that glow a yellow shield, the generators couldn't be destroyed with normal ship guns. You had to use a MKIII Tycho Seeker then use the  Forward Artillery to destroy them if you didn't want to board them.

Or do you mean you shoot the ships to remove the red triangle then use Forward Artillery, if so you don't even need to do that on a normal Crewship.

No, just shooting the sheild generators stuck to the hull and the sheild drops. The sheild itself is invunerable of course, and an AoE is useful for hitting those small hitboxes on the sheild generators, but it all still works out.

2 minutes ago, chaotea said:

No, just shooting the sheild generators stuck to the hull and the sheild drops. The sheild itself is invunerable of course, and an AoE is useful for hitting those small hitboxes on the sheild generators, but it all still works out.

Oh ok I've never had much luck with the yellow shielded ones hitting the generators with ship guns, I've found one MKIII Tycho missile just blows everything up, then use FA, I'll have to park beside them next time and use guns.

Sometimes I use the MKIII Tycho missile like a sniper rifle from a very long way out when I see them appear and then just get back to killing everything else, gotta hold your breath from that far out to guide it in. lol

I usually destroy all 3 engines to disable the ship, shoot it a little bit with a MK3 apoc to reduce it's armor then use Forward Artillery to one shot it.

For the shields I use tycho seeker mk3, a couple shots should do the trick (or just one).

Also do not use your Forward Artillery on the destroyed engines, it does no damage, shoot the crewship from the front instead.

1 hour ago, Slayer-. said:

Oh ok I've never had much luck with the yellow shielded ones hitting the generators with ship guns, I've found one MKIII Tycho missile just blows everything up, then use FA, I'll have to park beside them next time and use guns.

Sometimes I use the MKIII Tycho missile like a sniper rifle from a very long way out when I see them appear and then just get back to killing everything else, gotta hold your breath from that far out to guide it in. lol

AS i like to shoot out engines anyway i tend to be closer.

2 minutes ago, chaotea said:

AS i like to shoot out engines anyway i tend to be closer.

I use to get up and in their face but I only do that if I have a crew on board, sometimes I'll blow them up as they come in or leave them all and destroy the fighters.

I can take out the Crewships at range easily without needing to even shoot at them unless I'm removing the shield generators with a MKIII Tycho missile so it's just a turkey shoot from then on.

If I do leave them until last I'll sit far away and then as they're coming at me I pick them off one at a time, go to my foundry and build some more dome missiles all the time listening to the melody of rockets pounding on the hull, my ship just takes it.

It really just depends on what mood I'm in to what method I do to mess with their minds, space the final frontier, between the Grineers ears.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)shann_cz said:

Thx guys,

First of all I'll research Tycho MKIII

I will also try to shot their engines. But I guess there is higher change to be boarded if it takes too long.. Isn't it?

I pop Seeker Volley just before I get off the pilot seat to go down to the FA, I find it takes out any Ram sleds and takes out any hurt fighters.

Another thing when targeting the engines don't hold the cross hair of the forward artillery on the target, it makes it so much easier to see what the ship is doing, just before it's fully charged move it over a running engine and you'll see all the lines light up showing it has a target.

2 hours ago, (PSN)shann_cz said:

But I guess there is higher change to be boarded if it takes too long.. Isn't it?

Cy will alert you when a ramsled is lauched,just get in the pilot`s seat and use the vector boost and destroy them with gunfire,if you dont want to do that,just use tether

There is also an avionic that increases ordnance damage (just for info)
Shooting the engines usually destroys the crewships (if you have the avionic,which you do)
Maybe use void cloak to get into position

Veil prox has two areas.  The lower level area where you can one hit with tether/artillery/missiles and the other side that is alot tougher and requires 2 of stuff to kill no matter your mods.     The amount of people in your squad can bump up the level of enemies and make a node harder than it normally is. 

As far as missiles there is only one option  Tycho mk3's.   Use these to pop crewship shields,  take out outriders(bombers), and if your desperate to take out ram sleds.   However in the tougher area of veil it can take multiple missiles to take out shields.  

In the harder areas of veil where artillery takes 2 shots to kill crewships I just ignore them and board the ships.   As soon as crewships spawn I boost over to them and disable their 3 exaust ports to cripple them.   Then you can leave them for whenever you want.     In the easy areas of Void my artillery always one hits...  I use forward arty.   The only things that can screw with my artillery is crewship healing bubbles,  hitting exaust ports can block the damage from artillery,  also on rare occasions I have seen where dead crewships(missing all HP from newbs hitting with turrets/missiles) it can block damage ?? 

FYI crewship shields are generated by 3 spots on their exterior.  Missiles smash all 3 spots at once in most cases.   But if your missiles dont cut it, and you have no other options you can get close and shoot the 3 spots to disable their shields.

Archived