Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Trading And Recruiting Ideas

(PSN)ZUBY_1101

I feel like recruitment chat and trade chat aren't as useful as they could be. I have some ideas that I hope other people will develop on/improve and eventually i hope these ideas get integrated into the game. Please bear in mind that I am on PS4 and that PC and Xbox may not need these changes as much but these ideas (if they come to the game) will definitely improve the recruitment experience for all players. Also I'm not the best at explaining things XD.

So, here are my ideas:

Firstly, lets talk about recruitment chat. Its often quite hard to get a full squad for say.... opening a certain relic, especially if its one of the more rare relics. I think that if Warframe had a system where if someone is going into a certain mission they are notified in some way that there is someone in recruiting chat opening that same relic it can be useful to make full squads of tenno aiming for the same thing a lot quicker. Like I said I'm really bad at explaining things so I'm hoping other people develop on my ideas but I hope you get the general idea of what I'm trying to say.

My idea for trade chat is say you have 3 out of 4 full parts for a full prime set, wouldn't it be useful to be notified in some way of people who are selling the part you need to complete the set? i feel like this will also help the problem of having far more sellers than buyers. That a frustrating problem I've been facing - there is a LOT of supply, but not enough demand. If trade chat in general was more like Warframe Market where you can view all the sellers/buyers of an item in one place it would really enhance the trading experience. If you could search an item and see all the people who WTB/WTS that item it would really make trading better.

Another similar idea for trade chat could be where if you want to buy a certain item for a certain price, you are notified if and when a seller is selling that item close to or at the price you want it for. Same for the seller - if someone wants to buy an item you have put up for sale at a price close to or the same price you want to sell for - you would get notified. And then you could pm the buyer/seller after being notified. (I really hope this makes sense XD).

It would just be so much better if trade chat wasn't so much of a chat but more of like a place to POST up something the buy or sell - like how placing an order works in Warframe Market. This would probably help boost sales as there would be more visible demand.

I hope my ideas are clear and please do develop upon my ideas or add whatever ideas you may have for trade and recruiting chat. 

Imagine how good it would be if there was a system that let you put in inputs like "Notify me if someone is gathering a squad for Neo R3 Relic" or something like that. To make it simple they could just make it so you type in "Neo R3 Relic" (like a how you type in filters) and if someone mentions it in recruiting chat, you get notified.

recruiting is usually done on the basis that the recruiter NEEDS the help and there is no other way, or recruiting is the most efficient way, e.g. Radshares. a system that notifies you of certain activities people are recruiting for would be nice, but it's also sort of a timing game. when a new PA launches, there's usually a 2 week period where it's very easy to land a radshare group for a new relic, but if you miss that window, it becomes a LOT harder to find someone. personally I'm not too bothered about Octavia Prime, but I'm still gonna get the Radshares in while I can, because the alternative is harder recruitment for a Prime I don't really want all that much, which just sounds awful. at least if I jump on the wagon early, I can get it out of the way. doing it sooner is much better than leaving it IMO.

Trade chat is basically already compromised due to the constant flood of Riven traders, which is why I'm in favour of Rivens being given their own trade chat: it's 10x harder to sell Prime Parts and other items when so many people are taking up the chat feed trying to get rich quick with their often ridiculously overpriced Rivens.

7 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

recruiting is usually done on the basis that the recruiter NEEDS the help and there is no other way

But that's the problem. Think of it this way: There are 3 relics I want to open so that I can finished 3 different prime sets. But these are relics for components that people don't want all that often and so not many people go to recruiting chat to gather a squad to open those relics. For example I want to open Meso D4 for Dethcube cerebrum (correct me if this isn't the right one) but not many people in recruiting chat want Dethcube. HOWEVER I'm sure that there must be enough people to fill squad who aren't as desperate that part to specifically go to recruiting chat for it (they may want to prioritise completing a more important set) but still want to complete their Dethcube Prime set, But they're just prioritising something else. When I log on to warframe I first complete the sortie and I'm sure that while I'm doing that or anything else like trading for example, there must be someone who is waiting to farm Dethcube Prime. But I don't know that unless i go to recruiting chat. wouldn't it be great if i was notified that someone out their is looking to open the same relic I want to open. I could finish trading or whatever I'm doing and join them. having to keep a constant eye on recruiting chat isn't that helpful. 

And I said there are 3 sets I want to finish, of which the parts I'm looking for are Rubico Prime bp and Ninkondi prime handle. I want to prioritise finishing my Rubico set first as its a vaulted weapon and the price is high. that doesn't mean that I don't want to join someone who is farming the parts I need for ninkondi or dethcube. Especially if I'm just doing other missions in the mean time like my sortie for example.

I hope my point is clear.........

2 hours ago, (PSN)ZUBY_1101 said:

It would just be so much better if trade chat wasn't so much of a chat but more of like a place to POST up something the buy or sell - like how placing an order works in Warframe Market. This would probably help boost sales as there would be more visible demand.

This is something I've wanted for so long. Not even kidding, when I first started playing I thought the in game market was going to be something like this. We definitely need in-game posts and stuff. It'd be a lot easier to find and buy items. There's a game called trove with a good trading system. You can choose an item and post it for a price and it also shows you the average price per unit when you post/search that item. Warframe definitely needs something like this, sure the filter button helps but a direct search and actual posts would help a lot. I can imagine some people to say that it'd get overwhelming with the amount of players but that could be easily changed with a post limit, you can only post a single product to sell and it stays up for an hour.  This would also help with the overwhelming and straight up disgusting amount of posts and speed of trade chat. Like really? I'm tired of typing in a WTS just for it to be instantly pushed up in chat by three people putting down a whole paragraph for sells "==WTS Mesa Prime 120p Chroma Prime 130p Prime Prime Prime Multiple Products Multiple Prices==" like cmon man. So many new players quit early on just because they can't properly trade and get a plat block because of this.

I am proposing the idea of a trade system that would allow a more direct access to items in the game. It would not have to be an overhaul completely, but mostly an option for passive, expedited, simple trades. The system already works well but it is an issue for newer players AND players simply looking for something small to buy. For example, a player may be missing one part of the Helios prime set. That player would then have to go into trade chat, stop what they are doing, and repeatedly post the same message over and over again in hopes that a player willing to sell that item will see. Then, IF that player is found, a price must be discussed which may or may not even occur. 

So the system is this. Players are each allowed a few trade slots for groups of items, or specific items. Sets, parts, and individual things that one might wish to buy quickly. Players choose their item, set a price, and it is out of their inventory and out on the menus. A player shop if you will. This player shop will be open even when offline. Players will be able to look in a certain page and search for a specific item,set, mod, or linkable and tradeable thing and then complete the other player's trade requirements. 

Thhis would allow for players, like from the scenario before, to quickly find an item and complete their set or build. It would allow sellers to make extra trades without having to constantly stare at a chat tab and post the same message repeatedly. This would not require direct, confrontational trades to be removed from the game. But it it allows a quick alternative for getting simple, possibly forgotten items without the frustration and stagnation that is trade chat. 

Archived