"Bolt-action" kitguns?

daktfi

Playing with numbers for some extreme kitgun builds, I suddenly realized that I want really bad a loader with very small magazine and extremely fast reload time. Considering current reload times on the scale of 0.9/1.3/2.1/2.3/2.9/3.1 and minimal magazine sizes varying from 5 to 29, such loader is to have reload time way below half a second and magazine size of just 1 (one) round for some chambers, thus the title.

Even better ALWAYS magazine size of 1 round and different reload times for different chambers (rattleguts having maximum magazine size to get fastest reload and catchmoon/sporelacer having the least magazine will go with longer reload).

Looking at newer infested kitgun loaders like acroid and macro thymoid, the one-shot magazine capacity can be also compensated by bigger bonus to both crit and status. This will allow a very strong hybrid builds... or no end to headache and rumble on the players side. ;-)

Obviously, this loader is coneptually incompatible with beam kitguns (vermisplicer and gaze), but quite fitting for all others. The question of full-auto shooting (rattleguts and primary sporelacer/catchmoon) if magazine size is modded above 1 still stands. I'd like to, since main idea is to pair such kitguns with Pax Charge arcana to regen ammo between shots faster than the shots are fired, resulting in infinite shooting (albeit, at somewhat reduced fire rate, of course)...

Well, that's probably never gonna happen, but one can dream, right? ;-)

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, chaotea said:

I would like to see a full dive into kitguns, giving more options fallout 4 style.

I’d love to see more stuff being added to kitguns, and also zaws as well. 

Both have infested parts that can be added onto them, so i feel like it’d be pretty sweet to be able to equip parts that are based on other factions as well (like corpus themed parts for zaws and grineer themed parts for kitguns) and be able to have weapons that are an amalgamation of different faction parts. 

There’s so much that could be possible with zaws and kitguns, but i kinda feel like DE isn’t really making the most of them. I’d love to see a proper shotgun chamber with multishot or a proper rifle like chamber instead of one that fires a projectile with travel time. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

One word

Opticor

Opticor isn't beam weapon, it's charge. And we already have a chargeable primary Tombfinger. Don't think that Gaze/Vermisplicer will do any good as a charge weapon.

46 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

There’s so much that could be possible with zaws and kitguns, but i kinda feel like DE isn’t really making the most of them. I’d love to see a proper shotgun chamber with multishot or a proper rifle like chamber instead of one that fires a projectile with travel time. 

Well, Rattleguts is hitscan both secondary and primary and is quite "the rifle" imho. The shotgun department is lacking, yes. Catchmoon and Sporelacer are shotguns mostly by declaration, not definition.

Given decent number of pellets per shot and extremely wide range for crit/status balance we see in kitguns currently it opens quite the perspectives build-wise. And I do like the idea of different grips giving different number of pellets, not just pure damage. That opens even more build options...

Edited by daktfi

21 minutes ago, daktfi said:

Opticor isn't beam weapon, it's charge. And we already have a chargeable primary Tombfinger. Don't think that Gaze/Vermisplicer will do any good as a charge weapon.

not the point...

Yes, it isn't a beam weapon, but it's still a laser.

1 hour ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

I mean its so often the case, but it payed off for them. Thier half assed aproach to lichs' does mean warner can sue them now :D They truely were looking ahead!

21 minutes ago, daktfi said:

Well, Rattleguts is hitscan both secondary and primary and is quite "the rifle" imho. The shotgun department is lacking, yes. Catchmoon and Sporelacer are shotguns mostly by declaration, not definition.

Given decent number of pellets per shot and extremely wide range for crit/status balance we see in kitguns currently it opens quite the perspectives build-wise. And I do like the idea of different grips giving different number of pellets, not just pure damage. That opens even more build options...

I was thinking more of a semi-auto high damage chamber when i said about a proper rifle (like the tombfinger but without the travel time and charge rate on primary. Rifle / sniper rifle with high damage and less firerate, less magazine size and max ammo), but i do agree with the rattleguts technically being one.

I do agree with what you said about shotgun kitguns. The catchmoon chamber is the closet to a shotgun we have currently, and the sporelacer primary feels more like a fully auto grenade launcher than a shotgun, despite it taking shotgun mods and having falloff. The pellet count idea is interesting as well, “lower damage grips” offering more firerate, accuracy and maybe more range(?) but having less pellets per shot, while higher damage grips have more multishot, but have less firerate, range and are less accurate as well.

So many potential possibilities for kitguns, but their potential is simply limited because DE doesn’t seem to do a whole bunch for modular weapons. We got the infested kitgun parts somewhat recently, but odds are they might not get new parts anytime soon, and zaws have been left alone for quite sometime now.

5 minutes ago, chaotea said:

I mean its so often the case, but it payed off for them. Thier half assed aproach to lichs' does mean warner can sue them now :D They truely were looking ahead!

Liches could’ve been a lot more interesting, fighting them on their own ship and having them actually use the abilities of the warframe that spawned them in rather than having set abilities. No clue what’s going to happen if warner does sue and liches vanish from warframe. Would the lich weapons be obtained in other ways? Or will they be unique, exclusive weapons that are only owned by those who got them before hand?

32 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

not the point...

Yes, it isn't a beam weapon, but it's still a laser.

That's exactly my point. Well, the Vermisplicer DEFINITELY isn't a laser, but it's a beam weapon. :-)

12 hours ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

I was thinking more of a semi-auto high damage chamber when i said about a proper rifle (like the tombfinger but without the travel time and charge rate on primary. Rifle / sniper rifle with high damage and less firerate, less magazine size and max ammo), but i do agree with the rattleguts technically being one.

Yes, I definitely agree that at the moment we don't have a real sniper kitgun and that's a shame. It will make some quite unusual secondary weapon probably. But as a primary it's a must.

Just look at what we have: full-auto (rattleguts), kinda-shotgun (catchmoon), beam (gaze/vermisplicer) and launcher (sporelacer). The only options left are bow and sniper... and I'm quite sceptical about bow kitgun...

5 hours ago, daktfi said:

Yes, I definitely agree that at the moment we don't have a real sniper kitgun and that's a shame. It will make some quite unusual secondary weapon probably. But as a primary it's a must.

Just look at what we have: full-auto (rattleguts), kinda-shotgun (catchmoon), beam (gaze/vermisplicer) and launcher (sporelacer). The only options left are bow and sniper... and I'm quite sceptical about bow kitgun...

Would just make a hitscan version of the tombfinger secondary probably? 

Don’t think a bow kitgun would be possible really, unless they made entirely new parts just for a bow kitgun? Could be possible to have a crossbow / bolt launcher sort of chamber, that fires bolts like the bolto as a secondary or has a charge fire mechanic for the primary variant.