Octavia Prime Access Trailer Premiere

I doubt we'll ever have a prime trailer again. After it took 84 years for Hydroid's trailer to be released, this will probably be just like the individual warframe profile trailers for new warframes being released. Its just too much effort for DE to do this all the time. We really don't need a trailer like we used to either. Its better their time is spent on working on game content than a 1 - 2 minute trailer with mocap animation thats narrated by Ballas.

11 minutes ago, Dauggie said:

hopefully it's an actual cinematic one and not just gameplay one. after valkyr they just stopped doing it, sadly

The last one was back in December 2017, with Mirage Prime. I'm aware that Hydroid Prime's trailer was released during Tennocon 2020, but his was delayed since August 2017.

As cool as the Prime trailers are, they are both time and resource extensive for DE.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

It will show only the acessories and weapons...

Right?

Right?!

*starts biting nails*

I guess that explains why we lost Dani for a little while to be honest ^.^ 

I stand partially corrected. It was as minimal effort. It had a bit of mocap, barely, and mostly had more actual in engine gameplay than mocapped content. It was min effort compared to previous trailers.

Just now, Cmdr-A said:

I stand partially corrected. It was as minimal effort. It had a bit of mocap, barely, and mostly had more actual in engine gameplay than mocapped content. It was min effort compared to previous trailers.

On some level, sure. In fact, I woudn't be surprised if there's almost no mocap save the transitions between dance emotes and gameplay.

But on the other, when we consider that Warframe's struggled to match its ambition with... well, with reality? The small sacrifices to an overall better product is what Warframe sorely needs.

• Like 6
7 minutes ago, Cmdr-A said:

I actually really like the way they did it here tbh... 

They made it look really cinematic to someone who doesn't know the game super well like us, but they used mostly actual gameplay and captura to create it. 

It still looks super professional, but it doesn't take the dev team a ton of time and effort, AND it is much closer to real, proper advertising than many trailers in video games today, as you are basically watching the game being played for real, just shown off in really good angles by professionals. 

IMO more trailers should be like that. They shouldn't be expensive, cinematic eye candy for the fans, they should be representative of how the game looks and plays for real so you get a good understanding of the product you are buying. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 5
6 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

I actually really like the way they did it here tbh... 

They made it look really cinematic to someone who doesn't know the game super well like us, but they used mostly actual gameplay and captura to create it. 

It still looks super professional, but it doesn't take the dev team a ton of time and effort, AND it is much closer to real, proper advertising than many trailers in video games today, as you are basically watching the game being played for real, just shown off in really good angles by professionals. 

IMO more trailers should be like that. They shouldn't be expensive, cinematic eye candy for the fans, they should be representative of how the game looks and plays for real so you get a good understanding of the product you are buying. 

More importantly, our Orokin daddy has returned.

• Like 2
17 minutes ago, Cmdr-A said:

*spends three years asking for prime cinematics

*gets prime cinematic

"they didn't put enough effort into it"

laeIrP5.png

• Like 8
39 minutes ago, Cmdr-A said:

It was as minimal effort. It had a bit of mocap, barely, and mostly had more actual in engine gameplay than mocapped content. It was min effort compared to previous trailers.

I think the loss of their mocap studio (due to work from home) is probably the culprit. /s

Seriously, I think that might be one of the biggest hurdles they've encountered. Most of the work, as I understand it, can be done from home, but not mocap.

38 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

On some level, sure. In fact, I woudn't be surprised if there's almost no mocap save the transitions between dance emotes and gameplay.

But on the other, when we consider that Warframe's struggled to match its ambition with... well, with reality? The small sacrifices to an overall better product is what Warframe sorely needs.

Fully agree. I also think the "hype" is another big issue they have (and obviously I'm not the first to say so). Perfect example: no one knew they were making this Octavia Prime trailer, so if they had delayed it by a day or two and then released it, there would be no ill will, compared to the Hydroid Prime trailer, which was delayed roughly three years (and we all knew it).

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Ryuujou. said:

*spends three years asking for prime cinematics

*gets prime cinematic

"they didn't put enough effort into it"

laeIrP5.png

Welcome to the Warframe Forums.

It's great but the combat is inaccurate, Octavia should be invisible in a corner, teabagging furiously while enemies die around her in droves thanks to an exhausted and underpaid roller buddy, while the user is watching netflix.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 4
22 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

It's great but the combat is inaccurate, Octavia should be invisible in a corner, teabagging furiously while enemies die around her in droves thanks to an exhausted roller buddy, while the user is watching netflix.

:crylaugh::crylaugh::crylaugh:

nice that we got something resembling an old prime trailer again, but if DE go back to doing it for every new PA, then we're probably never gonna see prime trailers for.. well, literally every prime that came after Hydroid Prime, and before Octavia Prime which according to a list is:

Spoiler

Zephyr Prime

Limbo Prime

Chroma Prime

Mesa Prime

Equinox Prime

Wukong Prime

Atlas Prime

Ivara Prime

Titania Prime

Inaros Prime

Nezha Prime.

and then there's the old pre-trailer primes who don't have one either.

Spoiler

Frost Prime

Mag Prime

Ember Prime

Rhino Prime

Loki Prime

Nyx Prime

Nova Prime

Volt Prime

Ash Prime.

that's a total of 20 trailers, plus further new Primes that still need to be released. I highly doubt many, if any, of these frames will get their own trailer, even when they are unvaulted again, which is about the only time I can see this happening.