Jump to content
Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Why is there a reaction limit?


Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

There's a reaction limit? 

I first discovered it when the Viver thing happened. People were doing circlejerks of sh*tting on the Devs in passive-aggressive means (AKA easy upvotes without mod intervention) and then someone noticed there was a limit.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

There's a reaction limit? 

Yep.
You can only like around 100 posts (or so, might be up to 200 but its not astronomically high) within a certain rolling timeframe.  I'm not sure how long that timeframe is but its definitely a rolling timeframe so your pool of reactions won't suddenly go from none-left to having all of them again, you'll get them back slowly meaning if you are reaction heavy you'll suddenly be able to like 2 or 3 more peoples posts before it once again tells you that you can't react to any more.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

I first discovered it when the Viver thing happened. People were doing circlejerks of sh*tting on the Devs in passive-aggressive means (AKA easy upvotes without mod intervention) and then someone noticed there was a limit.

It must be meant for serious, serious spamming of reactions, because I wouldn't call myself an abuser of it, I don't use it in an abusive way, but I am very generous with it. And if I make a thread, unless people are being straight insulting, I will upvote every post just for adding to a good discussion. And I have never once, in all my years, fun afoul of this reaction limit. 

1 minute ago, Tsukinoki said:

Yep.
You can only like around 100 posts (or so, might be up to 200 but its not astronomically high) within a certain rolling timeframe.  I'm not sure how long that timeframe is but its definitely a rolling timeframe so your pool of reactions won't suddenly go from none-left to having all of them again, you'll get them back slowly meaning if you are reaction heavy you'll suddenly be able to like 2 or 3 more peoples posts before it once again tells you that you can't react to any more.

That is good to know. Whatever the final number, or rolling timeframe is, it seems to work well enough, as despite being generous with reacts, I have only learned about being limited today from someone else's post.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tesseract7777 said:

It must be meant for serious, serious spamming of reactions, because I wouldn't call myself an abuser of it, I don't use it in an abusive way, but I am very generous with it. And if I make a thread, unless people are being straight insulting, I will upvote every post just for adding to a good discussion. And I have never once, in all my years, fun afoul of this reaction limit. 

That is good to know. Whatever the final number, or rolling timeframe is, it seems to work well enough, as despite being generous with reacts, I have only learned about being limited today from someone else's post.

Oh wow, maybe I like a lot more than I think then, I usually get hit with the limit after reacting to around 30(or more idk, guess its higher : //) posts, then I get a new stock of reactions every two hours or so

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Sovyul said:

this is actually hilarious

I'd outright remove reputation and upvoting, maybe leave in a "Thanks" button on players helping players and such

I think reputation should be how many days you have spent on the forums tbh, rather than reputation being how many likes you have

Link to post
Share on other sites

I miss the haha reaction :( in general, opening a thread and see like half a dozen reactions was always a great indicator for 'the read will be enjoyable' .

But yh, there's a limit. I noticed it waaaaaay back when we had multiple reactions available. 

Edited by (XBOX)TyeGoo
Link to post
Share on other sites

It also kind of softcaps you when you're watching deadend rant threads  which can usually go in circles for hundreds of pages.

No rep to be given to either side in given argument, no point in checking it after reaching the limit.

Unless you reply to it, which is potentially even more of a waste of time if you actually care about checking the replies and possibly waste even more time by getting into long pointless arguing.

It's like the 'You have been playing for over an hour' message spam, except it actually works, unless walls of text are your kind of fun.

Less involvement in drawn out arguments for those susceptible to those usually equals less toxicity, so it might have a bit of function, probably not much though.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

it doesn't necessarily have to be against players. there are tons of bots. At another very large game company, it is common for heaps of trolls or bots with minimal salaries to ridicule any criticism and only upvote embarrassing praise. this is also known to many. so not a world first. at the beginning i also thought that people were stupid. and then I looked at their profiles (in 2014!) and wondered what was going on ...
the same on youtube. Many authors there laugh and don't take comments seriously because 90% or even more are bots. bots talk to bots. and you can see it immediately. they can't be real people either, because it reads as if someone with brain damage or someone from a mental institution is writing it.

there have often been arguments with devs etc. people just say their opinion. nothing new. But you can see immediately that the forum is very lively and most of the posts don't have a 1-2 sentence nonsense in it.
and you have to install certain fuses. the situation on other platforms or forums is simply ridiculous.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tsukinoki said:

You can only like around 100 posts (or so, might be up to 200 but its not astronomically high) within a certain rolling timeframe.

I know for a fact I'll never reach that limit: most of you tw@s talk total rubbish anyway XD.

I do kind of miss the Haha reaction though, we've had some hilariously stupid stuff on here that deserves it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

 

I do kind of miss the Haha reaction though, we've had some hilariously stupid stuff on here that deserves it.

Let me guess one.

Spoiler

Conclave

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

I think reputation should be how many days you have spent on the forums tbh, rather than reputation being how many likes you have

Yes, let’s reward lurking instead of engaging in positive conversations.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...