Jump to content

Octavia Prime: Update 29.9.0


Recommended Posts

With Octavia Prime release, I would like to adress a problem I have with the visual effect of "invisible frames". 

Currently the choice made by the developers is an hybrid one, between realistic and non-realistic visual effect.  On the screen, we do not see the Warframe (realistic) but we see the shape of the Warframe with, inside, a floating cloud/ smoke of the energy color we chose (non-realistic).

So technically invisible warframes aren't invisible on screen. And this is fine, players don't need a realistic invisibility effect to understand that their warframe is invisible. 

Because skins and customization are an important part of Warframe (F2P and other games in general), I would suggest to replace the current effect with an effect that reduce the opacity of the skin (or at least let the payer choose between the current one and this one). 

Most of players using warframes who have invisibility as an ability use it an stay invisible the whole mission. Which means you barely see the warframe in missions and mostly in orbiter. But the core of this game is to spend time in missions...

Considering that most players customize their warframes and that you are making skins for these warframes and you want to sell them (why would I customize a warframe that I do not see often?), I bet it will be more coherent and pleasant to reduce the opacity of the warframe while invisible. Among all the "invisible warframes" I can think of, the only good visual effect  is the Wisp's one. 

Moreover this suggestion will not be incompatible with special effects like the one for Ivara while using her third ability and maybe personalized effects while invisible could be expand to others. 

It might not sound important but I do think it is necessary, especially with Octavia who hasn't the most active gameplay and where it could be cool and a "source of distraction" to admire your customization. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Please return the Eros wings to how they acted before hotfix 29.8.1 as now that they fade out anytime during combat versus how they used to only disappear when in ADS it really has diminished their quality, I want an ephemera to look good when I'm actually playing the game not just sitting in relays or orbiter especially since this was my favorite ephemera before this change

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

after the update wukong has changed a bit about his 2nd skill 
so back when before the octavia prime update 2nd wukong was able to pickup material mods and energy/health while invisble/2nd skill
after the update im not able to pick up anything while invisble/2nd skill is this a bug? cuz i already try it restart and other mission and it doesnt work too pls reply

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-02-28 at 9:31 PM, vitra_octavia9 said:

after the update wukong has changed a bit about his 2nd skill 
so back when before the octavia prime update 2nd wukong was able to pickup material mods and energy/health while invisble/2nd skill
after the update im not able to pick up anything while invisble/2nd skill is this a bug? cuz i already try it restart and other mission and it doesnt work too pls reply

Wrong.  Wukong has been one of my mains for a while now and has never picked up drops/resources while in Cloud Walker Mode (at least since the rework back in June 2019).  What Wukong does is drags resources like how Limbo can pull them while in an active Rift Walk -- but BOTH Frames only collect those dragged resouyrces when they deactivate those respective abilities.

This behavior has not changed with the recent updates.

Are you NOT running with any resource collection mods such as Vacuum or Fetch ?  Without one of those; manually having to walk over resources is definitely noticeable.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2021-02-25 at 8:00 PM, Elivil said:

This is still not fixed with 29.9.1 hotfix and just wanted to bring to light this issue again.

Submit a Bur Report on the Bug Report Thread instead of complaining on a release thread.  SInce you're not too lazy to go dig up one of your old posts but must have burned through a ton of energy (I'm ssorry that you're so tired from that) to go to the Bug Report Section of the Forums and post this there instead - here's the link:
https://forums.warframe.com/forum/149-bug-reports/

I did not provide a given platform as I was to lazy to bother finding out if you had platform information attached to your profile.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, uberfu said:

Wrong.  Wukong has been one of my mains for a while now and has never picked up drops/resources while in Cloud Walker Mode (at least since the rework back in June 2019).  What Wukong does is drags resources like how Limbo can pull them while in an active Rift Walk -- but BOTH Frames only collect those dragged resouyrces when they deactivate those respective abilities.

This behavior has not changed with the recent updates.

Are you NOT running with any resource collection mods such as Vacuum or Fetch ?  Without one of those; manually having to walk over resources is definitely noticeable.

thats what im talking about. i meant about drag them i cant drag them dude i use vaccum then it didnt work then i try not to use vaccum(i dont have fetch) it didnt work as well so im so confuse

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...
On 2021-02-24 at 5:34 PM, Thenbhd123 said:

 

Considering that most players customize their warframes and that you are making skins for these warframes and you want to sell them (why would I customize a warframe that I do not see often?), I bet it will be more coherent and pleasant to reduce the opacity of the warframe while invisible. Among all the "invisible warframes" I can think of, the only good visual effect  is the Wisp's one. 

Yeah ever since I got Ivara Delux I don't Cloak any more....

How do I survive.... Well I let my Team Mates got shot at while i hide perched on my Dashwire...

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile in other news... Why no Octavia Rework ? 😮

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...