Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your issues with warframe?

GrazzHopper

As a 6 year veteran my issue is lack of things to do and unique content which is why I play maybe every other day for an hour or less. Octavia Prime should keep me busy for a month or two.

What has always bothered me is new content that is like... almost forgotten for a year or two until it gets more content or upgrades but by the time that happens it's already too late. Many refuse to touch it now because of their bad experience in the past.

Frankly, the only thing that annoys me after 6+ years is the speed of updates.

I don't mind the big (or small) size of them, or their quality even, but their frequency.

Like, if I could choose between one, large, great update every 6 months, and many, smaller updates of slightly lower quality, every few weeks, I'd choose option 2, just because that way I have something new to do instead of playing the same old stuff over and over again just to kill time.

13 minutes ago, Tuli_Donitsi said:

As a 6 year veteran my issue is lack of things to do and unique content which is why I play maybe every other day for an hour or less. Octavia Prime should keep me busy for a month or two.

What has always bothered me is new content that is like... almost forgotten for a year or two until it gets more content or upgrades but by the time that happens it's already too late. Many refuse to touch it now because of their bad experience in the past.

All veterans seem to have the exact same problem. And its horrible especially when you guys are the ones that have put the most time/effort/energy/love into the game. Something definitely needs to be done.

Riven Mods having a ridiculous multi layer RNG system attached to it. Yes, Riven Mods do work on super charging off meta weapons but the RNG is turning people away and making people flock to the meta rivens because they do not want to waste their time spinning the wheel hopefully for it to land on something usable.

My only problem with Warframe is that I think I reached a natural point of burnout.

The only missions I have left are sorties, fissures to get prime parts and some lich to do to cap damage bonus on all my weapons. 

Now the problem with lich and fissures is they are not fun. They feel like a chore. Fissures especially, the only fun about them is trying to min-max the rush, and "how efficient you can be" (as a good 90% of wf content). Liches are not bad if you farm for the weapon, but once you reach the point you need to kill them multiple time to reach the 60% damage bonus, the idea of farming hours for a 5-7% damage increase really kills all the enthusiasm.

Meanwhile sorties (not quick mission) are the only missions which balance more or less properly the reward x time investment while giving some degree of fun. I get to use some build, but I'm forced to play it alone if I ever want to try something less efficient and more challenging/fun or else I end up doing a walk simulator.

Moreover nothing really changes in how we play, the combat mechanics grown old while frames and weapon even if in big number fail to provide enough variety and differences in gameplay styles (partially because nothing really pushes you to change your approach to a fight) . I enjoyed the mechs because they added a new approach to combat but still they are not necessary, neither some enemy, event or situation requires them even a bit, they are just some sort of minigame or 2nd frame choice (which surely enlarge our possibilities but waste their potential).

I don't know, the last time I had fun playing warframe was with Deimos release. I was always able to do the "usual activities" in the meanwhile of big updates, but nowadays it's always harder to open Warframe to basically do "a second job" (farm prime parts, sell prime parts, farm riven, roll them, sell them and so on) especially considering the fact that my free time is not big as it was before and there are a lot of other games waiting to be played with real content in it. So yea, I'm becoming a big update casual player... 

My main issue is DE punishing clever players and them putting a limit on how succesful you can be.
The way they design their game is for you to waste your time, which, yeah I get it, I'm playing a game.
But I'd rather meaningfully waste my time, you know? They don't respect their player's time, is what I'm saying.

Armchair Developers.

"After thousands/hundreds of hours I've sunk into this game, spending years/months being entertained and having fun, I decided that this game is not fun, its a complete waste of time now. Even though, as I mentioned previously, I was entertained in those hundreds/thousands of hours and months/years, I am no longer thinking any of them were valid. So I declare that this game is a waste and its dying."

5 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

i miss cetus, i miss their characters and the atmosphere in that place, i wish we would have more content in Older maps.

i also wonder where's the third orb? why is still sleeping on that lake? 

DE has a knack for abandoning older content. which makes me extremely sad

1 minute ago, Sazero said:

Some content should be abandoned.
Like Cetus.

Anyone who disagrees with this extremely good opinion can go 1v1 themselves in Lunaro. :)

How convenient the guy who disagrees with you is in another platform.

10 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Armchair Developers.

"After thousands/hundreds of hours I've sunk into this game, spending years/months being entertained and having fun, I decided that this game is not fun, its a complete waste of time now. Even though, as I mentioned previously, I was entertained in those hundreds/thousands of hours and months/years, I am no longer thinking any of them were valid. So I declare that this game is a waste and its dying."

who are you quoting? 

16 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Armchair Developers.

Literally every “not recommended” steam review ever. 

Just now, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

who are you quoting? 

I made the quote on the spot.

Its more or less what I see at times. Players who spend such long time having fun here deciding none of those hours were valid because they no longer find the game fun NOW.

Just now, Sazero said:

It isn't convenient. It's on purpose.
Exalt my tactical genius.

>Tactical cowardice engaged.

>You're not Ciphas Cain. 

*Failed Speech Check*

>You are condemned to receive a knockdown at the most inopportune moment. Please wait for Murphy.

2 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

People trying to completely revamp it just because they don't like it or think we're "too strong".

well i believe in game balance, and it is possible to have both player progression (getting stronger overtime and effort) and still have a balanced game that still keeps you wanting more.

i still have hope DE will reach that area

Well to be a bit more serious. Those players aren't invalidating their past experiences with the game. But having the same experience over and over again is gonna wear out the entertainment factor.

At that point there are only two roads to go down, either the game changes to freshen up the experience, or you stop playing and do something else.

Archived