Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your issues with warframe?

GrazzHopper

I started playing warframe when the sacrifice come ouf on console and still wajting for the new war , and the weapon nerfing is very bad too , its really to hard to find a strong , enjoyable weapon . My favourite weapon was the bramma but after the nerfs they ruined for me . Now i try to not love popular weapons because if they nerf that weapon i lost my time , formas

3 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

DE has a knack for abandoning older content. which makes me extremely sad

This is definitely my biggest issue as well.

Ranking up on Deimos is way, way better than the other two open worlds. Could we backport the token system and the doubled standing gained for bounties?

Could operator form be not totally unusable online?

Now that disruptions have a sensible drop table, could we have a reason to ever play anything besides capture and disruption?

Natah looks hilariously outdated compared to the quests following it.

K-drives are consistently buggy and if you use them regularly you're guaranteed to end up in weird states where you can't move or use abilities.

Ash not-prime might as well not exist, his parts are from a rare enemy that gets stuck in random geometry.

Kubrows have a tedious loyalty system while Vulpahyla don't and have a respawn system that works infinitely even in arbitrations.

Getting a kavat basically relies on overpreparing for a quest you're only allowed to play once. Didn't know about the kavats when you did the quest first time? You can go get fragged.

Kubrows and Kavats rely on RNG while you just build the far superior Deimos pets.

Gamepad controls are a complete mess, and there's no reason they have to be.

Game's launcher is atrocious if your internet is just a bit spotty. I can't imagine how many people gave up even trying to play the game at this step. Every time there's a game update, I have to mobile tether to make the update go through, but game plays just fine once I'm actually logged in.

1 hour ago, Cloud said:

My only problem with Warframe is that I think I reached a natural point of burnout.

The only missions I have left are sorties, fissures to get prime parts and some lich to do to cap damage bonus on all my weapons. 

Now the problem with lich and fissures is they are not fun. They feel like a chore. Fissures especially, the only fun about them is trying to min-max the rush, and "how efficient you can be" (as a good 90% of wf content). Liches are not bad if you farm for the weapon, but once you reach the point you need to kill them multiple time to reach the 60% damage bonus, the idea of farming hours for a 5-7% damage increase really kills all the enthusiasm.

Meanwhile sorties (not quick mission) are the only missions which balance more or less properly the reward x time investment while giving some degree of fun. I get to use some build, but I'm forced to play it alone if I ever want to try something less efficient and more challenging/fun or else I end up doing a walk simulator.

Moreover nothing really changes in how we play, the combat mechanics grown old while frames and weapon even if in big number fail to provide enough variety and differences in gameplay styles (partially because nothing really pushes you to change your approach to a fight) . I enjoyed the mechs because they added a new approach to combat but still they are not necessary, neither some enemy, event or situation requires them even a bit, they are just some sort of minigame or 2nd frame choice (which surely enlarge our possibilities but waste their potential).

I don't know, the last time I had fun playing warframe was with Deimos release. I was always able to do the "usual activities" in the meanwhile of big updates, but nowadays it's always harder to open Warframe to basically do "a second job" (farm prime parts, sell prime parts, farm riven, roll them, sell them and so on) especially considering the fact that my free time is not big as it was before and there are a lot of other games waiting to be played with real content in it. So yea, I'm becoming a big update casual player... 

I really felt this, I hope they add a fresh coat of paint to their other game modes and aspects that keep getting lesser love, at the moment with only 11 mission types, with players mostly only doing around 3 of those 11 modes  90% of the time it often feels like the gameplay can be lacking in variety. 

Mods

Spoiler

The amount of difference between unmodded and meta builds is too large.
I feel there is no point to a modding system where there is little to no room to make it personal, not just factory standard.

Melee 2.9

Spoiler

Combo system - ruined; Identity of Blade & Whips - gone, might as well be just whips now; Distance of dash combos - nerfed into the ground; Machete's charge attack - no longer a dash; The cool visual effects of channeling - reduced to atoms; Lifted status - excuse me the what, enemies are supposed to live through that?; Aerial attacks - no longer have momentum; on and on, and on, and on.
The one thing I will give it props for is directional slams, that's it.

Parkour 2.0

Spoiler

Muh wall running DE, where did it go?
Rest of this is cool, but muh wall running!

Mastery Rank

Spoiler

On paper, this is good, having a level sysem for your account. Progression is nice to have, the way you progress it here isn't. No, I am not going to use x, it doesn't fit my playstyle, I won't enjoy it, stop forcing me to eat the brocoli mom!

Essentially yes, I have a problem with most of the current core of the game.

Honourable mentions:

Spoiler

Fortuna bounties - I can't really explain why, but I just hate them; K-Drive standing grind - I am actively erasing my memory of it's existence; Dojo expanses - the cost of decorations should not scale with clan size, and yet it does;
Removal of inertia from Archwing - You wanna know a little secret? The Dargyns you can steal on the plains still obey the laws of physics, and that makes them faster than an Itzal with max rank Hyperion thrusters (which, untill we get zaw-wings, is the fastest archwing in the game). Granted, in a drag race with no abilities allowed, but still faster.

Ya, I think I will sto- no.

Unjust decision to not add proto weapon skins...just because a few people in twitch chat said no. https://youtu.be/1dkV_ObtTwg?t=1700 Devstream 97 28:20 - 33:50
5 skins, as easily added as a Ctrl+C > Ctrl+V from Dark sector. To this day we've been cheated off of a Sawed-Off Tigris skin for secondaries, that on stream was shown to be quite beautiful...and all because of a few people in twitch chat went ''muh immersion''. We are playing a game that has long ago lost it's sense of art style, anything and everything is immersive, because anything and everything can fit into the warframe universe now. And these few people, who wouldn't use the skins, probably wouldn't notice others when they used them, still had the nerve to sabotage our fashion frame. It's been 3, nearing 4 years now, I would still like their names and adress...just to talk to them.

Ok, that's it...for the moment.

3 minutes ago, AlphaPHENIX said:

''muh immersion''

Don't know how skins would affect the immersion in a 3rd person space magic ninja speedy parkour game like what. I understand you still get immersed in the game but how would weapon skins even affect that when you have insane visual ephemeras and skins for warframes(yknow the ones that takes up a 6th of your screen)

45 minutes ago, Sazero said:

Some content should be abandoned.
Like Cetus.

Anyone who disagrees with this extremely good opinion can go 1v1 themselves in Lunaro. :)

How much content?

Learn from your peers; Bungie tried that with Destiny 2, now there is hardly anything to do. Free players don't even have access to a single raid!

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

Don't know how skins would affect the immersion in a 3rd person space magic ninja speedy parkour game like what. I understand you still get immersed in the game but how would weapon skins even affect that when you have insane visual ephemeras and skins for warframes(yknow the ones that takes up a 6th of your screen)

Go back, and actually read my post before making it look like I am one of those f****.

36 minutes ago, (PSN)Hopper_Orouk said:

well i believe in game balance, and it is possible to have both player progression (getting stronger overtime and effort) and still have a balanced game that still keeps you wanting more.

i still have hope DE will reach that area

Wanting other people to be weak just because you want to is bringing people down to your level and trying to control them. It's much better to simply worry about yourself and not try to affect everyone else.

8 minutes ago, (XBOX)Apoll0 666 said:

No no, I'm actually agreeing with you, I'm just noting off how ridiculous that sounds especially since DE really marked off skins for such a braindead reason.

Ya I could see that, I am just asking not to word your reply in a way that could give a different idea.

And I am agreeing with your agreeing, I just wish it were worded in a way that doesn't make it look like I am disagreeing.

6 minutes ago, (XBOX)TooMad said:

Archwing

When I first started in 2017 I actually thought the Archwings were cool and were gonna be a bigger part of the game. Nope. They barely make up around 10ish nodes and even then they're braindead annoying to do sometimes just because it seems kind of easy(and stale?). I will say though that the Archwing timed missions having to race to destroy some supply ships while avoiding mines is actually challenging and really fun, yet I've never seen it outside of a syndicate mission.

Edit: adding on to what I said there's literally no reason to level up archwings other than for transport or for your Necramechs. I have mastered around 70 items including weapons in this game but I still haven't even got my OG archwing items past level 19. I only enjoy the mausolon on my Bonewidow because it's pretty nice ngl.

1) extreme random.
I have long since given up farming certain items. and only do it when I'm bored or don't care about anything else.

2) no add-on interface.
interface is probably not that easy to implement, otherwise it would have been possible long ago. this could eliminate a lot of weak points.

3) many new items bring no real advantages and have no niche. just leveling up for mastery hardly motivates me.

4) prime warframes are better than the original, are much easier to get and cost a small fraction of the original in a trade chat.
that's not okay at all. It would be better if I can't build prime at all if I don't own orignal. and drop chances from harrow, khora, ivara etc. have to be adjusted. Hello to the 400 harrow chassis and 0 systems, I just say. ( octavia prime came out yesterday and i'm already building it .... i only played axi o5 with the group from lfg. so much for that. )

5) riven mods ...
no comment on this ...

trade was finally possible with the website. group search with filter works to a certain extent. but it could be much better.

actually there are more points in it and there are good contributions here. Generally speaking, Warframe Team does a lot better than most of its competitors. but it can always be better.

My main issue is how DE has allowed the game’s mechanics to completely run away from them. Like the game used to be fun when I first started playing. It felt like the “space ninja” experience it’s advertised to be. But you keep playing and keep playing, and after a few months or a year as you get closer to an “endgame” power level, it just becomes a completely different game. It’s all just aoe spam and speedrunning and playing with numbers in the arsenal. And the worst part is realizing that the way you used to play the game is no longer viable.

For example, when I was new I was running around with Mag and the Lato, popping headhsots (because you could actually tell the difference between headshots and body shots back then), dodging behind cover to avoid being shot, using abilities only when it felt really appropriate, hunting for health orbs to keep myself going. It felt like a reasonably well designed third person shooter with a niche in high mobility.

But the other day I decided to take my recently acquired Euphona Prime into the Orb Vallis to help my friend get some debt bonds, because I like the weapon and I want to use it, and it just felt like a complete waste of time. It’s not about the weapon being weak. It does plenty of damage, it’s just that a weapon like that is simply not designed for the game that exists today.

And because I’ve been on this forum long enough to know someone is probably going to quote me and lecture me about my incorrect playstyle choices, let me just say that that is exactly my point. What used to feel like a somewhat tactical shooter where movement and aim actually matters, and abilities are saved for special circumstances, has turned into a game where you either have an infinite stream of energy to maintain 100% uptime on your most important abilities and spam constant room-clearing aoe, or you might as well go home. It’s just a different game. Can it be fun sometimes? Sure. Is it good? Well, even the worst movies can sometimes be fun to watch for 5 minutes or so.

late game content not reflecting in rewards

i quite like the steel path but damn, the rewards being the exact same as the normal star map? no ma'am, put some 1000+ endo rewards in there, chuck an extra 0 or 00 on credit rewards and make relic drops be upgraded relics

until then, the only reason to stick around on endless missions is to either farm steel essence or flex your gear. why bother starting from level 100+ enemies for the same rewards?

7 minutes ago, EdinaMonsoon said:

late game content not reflecting in rewards

i quite like the steel path but damn, the rewards being the exact same as the normal star map? no ma'am, put some 1000+ endo rewards in there, chuck an extra 0 or 00 on credit rewards and make relic drops be upgraded relics

until then, the only reason to stick around on endless missions is to either farm steel essence or flex your gear. why bother starting from level 100+ enemies for the same rewards?

If people in late game have thousands of plat and credits and 500k endo, what would they need more of it for? They wanted to avoid people replacing the starchart by carrying everyone to Steel path for rewards. It's only newer people that need that stuff, which wouldn't be ready for it.

16 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

be better if I can't build prime at all if I don't own orignal

I always thought that the Original should be used as a part for the Prime, would be a lot nicer to instead just trash a warframe I grinded for because I ran out of slots because I have the Prime for it, feel like the original frame should replace one of the pieces, like the chassis, it'd be like turning a frame into a prime which sounds logical for a game ngl

8 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

If people in late game have thousands of plat and credits and 500k endo, what would they need more of it for? They wanted to avoid people replacing the starchart by carrying everyone to Steel path for rewards. It's only newer people that need that stuff, which wouldn't be ready for it.

not every late game player has tonnes of credits and endo because the few activities that grant those high rewards become boring fast. if i can farm 1000s of endo on deimos, why can't i do it across other missions so i don't get bored? otherwise SP is just a mastery point farm to me

16 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

They wanted to avoid people replacing the starchart

Uh, I really doubt it would replace the starchart considering you must complete the starchart, which requires farming areas of the og starchart to be able to complete the full thing if you're by yourself. Sure higher MR players could grind(?) them through the 257 nodes but at a certain point in the starchart it'd be too hard for any players to reliably complete it through  taxi. So yeah, really dont think it'd replace the starchart considering Newer players would most likely prefer upgrading their stuff and taking their time on the chart rather than spending weeks only focusing on the starchart completion so they can get into steel path for some rewards. I agree that the endo and credits shouldn't be changed but I do feel like they should increase the resource rng for steel path missions so it would be a bit more rewarding. 

For me, I feel that the gameplay loop is a bit outdated and needs a bit of a refresh. Would love to see a new and improved parkour system with wall running, enemy variety that adds difficulty through mechanics rather than more health and damage, a more in depth melee system, dynamic boss battles and revisions to warframe kits that give it more depth. 

5 minutes ago, (XBOX)WafflyLearner89 said:

For me, I feel that the gameplay loop is a bit outdated and needs a bit of a refresh. Would love to see a new and improved parkour system with wall running, enemy variety that adds difficulty through mechanics rather than more health and damage, a more in depth melee system, dynamic boss battles and revisions to warframe kits that give it more depth. 

This is the most on spot description of what a lot of the community wants. DE is working on this type of content, slowly, but still working on it. At the same time the grindy part gets boring when the initial gameplay while grinding gets overly repititive quite fast.

23 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Wanting other people to be weak just because you want to is bringing people down to your level and trying to control them. It's much better to simply worry about yourself and not try to affect everyone else.

This argument doesn't hold water, since meta builds absolutely control how other people play the game.

If you want to be a cool space ninja with a bow and arrow, you can't run a pub because other people have Meta builds and leave you no enemies to Legolas it up on. And DE frequently designs new content for Meta builds too, so you get stuck in old content and have to play in a way you hate because the way you love isn't viable. And this isn't just chalked up to progression, either, because sure an individual weapon is going to get grown out of. But a weapon does not a playstyle make.

Things need to be in a level playing field with each other. 

Archived