Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are your issues with warframe?

GrazzHopper

2 minutes ago, Sazero said:

Excuse me, but are you saying Profit-Taker is a good boss? Because I'm pretty sure that's a thought crime, my friend. I'm gonna have to take you to Opinion Jail.

Spoiler

3 minutes ago, Sazero said:

I agree with everything else. I'm sort of looking forward to Corpus Railjack, but god damn I'm not looking forward to Corpus Liches. Unless Lich fights recieves an overhaul.

Honestly the odds are as good as not that Corpus Liches recieve some kind of dramatic overhaul that makes them more fun. Of course, Grineer Liches will likely recieve some token effort, but not much.

I'm an optimist, but I've seen the patterns. Grineer usually get content first, but often get it worse.

35 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Or you won't— Because you shouldn't have had to in the first place.

And that's the point...

No one wants their coop game experience dictated to them by other players/systems/mechanics/etc.

When that happens, players come here complaining about it...

When those complaints reach the level of categorizing whatever they are complaining about as "not fun" that thing generally gets looked for adjustment to be made fun to play around.

It's why more things than I could count have been changed in this game over the years. 

Reducing it down to "caring about kills" drastically understates the actual issue in question

You can nitpick and complain about anything, though.

In a game where you need a healer and a tank, the healer will complain that all their doing is healing dps while they have all the fun. 

In a game like COD you can be upset that a really good player is getting 20 and 2 while you barely get 5 kills. 

6 hours ago, o0Despair0o said:

Frankly, the only thing that annoys me after 6+ years is the speed of updates.

I don't mind the big (or small) size of them, or their quality even, but their frequency.

Like, if I could choose between one, large, great update every 6 months, and many, smaller updates of slightly lower quality, every few weeks, I'd choose option 2, just because that way I have something new to do instead of playing the same old stuff over and over again just to kill time.

Well congratulations, this line of thinking is why the new war got dismantled into scarlet spear and Orphic venom :D

39 minutes ago, Padre_Akais said:

Or you won't— Because you shouldn't have had to in the first place.

And that's the point...

No one wants their coop game experience dictated to them by other players/systems/mechanics/etc.

When that happens, players come here complaining about it...

When those complaints reach the level of categorizing whatever they are complaining about as "not fun" that thing generally gets looked for adjustment to be made fun to play around.

It's why more things than I could count have been changed in this game over the years. 

Reducing it down to "caring about kills" drastically understates the actual issue in question

An MR 30 Excal literally just took 98% of the kills in a T3 sortie extermination. He had a skiajati and a battacor.....no nukes involved, he was probably just an experienced and swift player, and I'm not bothered one bit by how he played.

My list of issues is long and encompasses a lot of minor and major stuff. Here's what's in my mind at the moment, not necessarily in order of importance:

•  No toggle for syandanas (animated, alwas open, always closed)
  • Some helms do not match the prime's in coloring
  • Some armor's accents are on a different color slot for no reason, destroying mix and matching capabilities and/or coloring options
  • Health related pet mods are extremely unreliable (shield, armor and health are dependant on the warframe you're using. Squishy warframes have squishy pets...why?
  • No small event missions anymore. It was really engaging to log in and have some minor variation in the usual missions, even if it was just small dialogue added on it helped the immersion in this strange future a lot. I don't need huge events all the time, I'm fine with a defense with a different objective and a few new words sprinkled in.
  • The sergeant still needs a rework.
  • Pluto has no tile set yet! Instead of reworking existing ones, a focus on what is still missing wouldn't be bad.
  • The old Jupiter tile sets could be repurposed for neptune (just put a dark blue skybox in the open)
  • The old Corpus ships tileset could be reused in venus to increase variety
  • Old events should be integrated in the star chart progression to break the <generic mission> repetition between major quests.
    • Infested Alad V makes no sense anymore compared to story progression
    • Vor and Khrill are dead except they are not in Ceres (sorry I don't buy the clones thing, they would be "different" people even if they are clones)
  • What happened to Corrupted Vor's story? Why he still has no major event going for him after all of these years?
  • Converted Liches should be customizable and summonable somehow, maybe even replacing a pet.
    • Have us unlock parts to customize their looks. Fashion lich please!
  • Liches need more personalities other than just those two. Quirks are nice and all, but they amount to a sentence or two only.
  • Operators should be more nimble and less clunky, keep them mobile like warframes are. I don't need them to best a warfame in combat skills, just less clunky to control.
  • I despise the affinity ball that you have to chase and grab around when playing to level up your operator. It's the worst idea ever conceived for the game. I hate everything of it. Its mechanic, its sounds, the way it constantly disrupts regular play. I have lenses on Volt to rake in some points when affinity is doubled, but I refuse to make it part of my gameplay.
  • No Bundle price adjustment in the store. While I'm fine with the bundle only items, the price of a bundle should decrease if you already own elements contained in it. Not necessarily by the value of the items you already have, but it still should decrease to incentivize spending.

34 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

You can nitpick and complain about anything, though.

In a game where you need a healer and a tank, the healer will complain that all their doing is healing dps while they have all the fun. 

In a game like COD you can be upset that a really good player is getting 20 and 2 while you barely get 5 kills. 

That's true...

• That said, the healer has the option of rolling a tank or DPS instead—A fairly obvious solution to a problem of personal preference.
  • The player in COD complaining is merely grousing about a lack of skill, luck, or both—Luck of the draw or lack of skill is also nothing to kvetch about.

Both are fairly pedantic as complaints go...

Unfortunately, neither of those apply here as the issue in question here regards the removal of choice by other players or imposing one's own playstyle on them.

Given the number of effects that this has caused here over the years I would say it would be wise not to minimize or trivialize the impact that can have.

You can feel free to do both of course...

1 hour ago, Zimzala said:

Then those players should make the effort to use the tools provided to make their own teams and stop trying to make DE write code to change human behavior, IMO.

It's a co-op game that does not require teaming to clear the content, certainly it does not require PuGing to do so.

Therefore, it's on the player, not the game, to make their own reality enjoyable.

Code cannot control human behavior.

Would it be nice to have better/easier ways to find like-minded players? Sure.

None of that absolves the player from having their own agency to dictate with whom they play.

No one is forcing anyone to team with random players.

Some of those players do...

And some also come here complaining to get the game changed... Successfully.

Like it or not, That's just a reality.

Asserting "what should be" and "human behavior" while ignoring the realities of both is a bit of a double standard, don't you think?

And for what it's worth,  code doesn't have to control human behavior to limit it's impact... That's why it was called "nerf" to begin with.

You can cite any behavioral ideology you'd like and it won't change the fact that things get nerfed/buffed based on player feedback.

Or that some of that feedback comes from the results of interactions with others in-game.

What are your issues with warframe?

The biggest one for me is game balance. Warframe is incredibly inconsistent, and this inconsistency drives most of the other gameplay-related problems with the game. Modding, the unhealthy meta, difficulty, content islands, the power gap, burnout, lack of endgame, enemy armor scaling, etc. are all caused by DE's inattention to the game's overall balance. Warframe would be a much better and more enjoyable game if it were being actively balanced.

things that are somewhat annoying for me :

We have to play a lot of low level content (lith, meso even neo relics, gift of the lotus and most alert, bounties etc) . i understand the reason, they want those missions to be populated but still, it's boring and kind of go against our power progression.

They don't use Steelpath to spice up things, mess around with meta in some weekly type of alert for exemple. They don't have to care about new players so they could try a lot of things, we could be there to test those, just slap a few steelessence as a reward, but they don't. (just give me gift of the lotus steelpath, at this point i won't ask for more)

Aiming is not rewarded enough and the game favor low effort gameplay like melee and AOE weapons. I don't want to nerf those, i want a buff on all single target weapons ( like headshots for those weapons could be much more powerful).

Melee to weapon swap speed is almost instant but primary to secondary takes forever and someone at DE is bend on never changing this.  

A lot of time when they add a cool new thing they add an annoying mechanic that kind of kills the fun of it. Like when my peak agility warframe trips with k-drive i got a weird early 2000's looking ragdoll effect that can last several second or when i have to scrap things in railjack every 5 missions, often getting me a connection to host lost or the smallest bump in archwing trigger an animation or server side transference instead of client side. those type of things. edit : not a cool thing but same as previously, why can't we choose between fish spear in mission. Having to choose the specific spear is so damn annoying, i often forgot to change and lose time going in & out the openword. 

Ability range and energy economy are broken. It feels to me that most exploits in the game are tied to ability range and spamming like Viver, drako, steelpath ophelia & odin etc where we can cover a whole room and spam abilities making the mobs useless. Then people ask for a better AI : what's the point, they won't be able to do a thing . It feels like they nerf us anyway like by making the new defense map wider, which sucks.

The UI in arsenal in 2021 is still the same 3*3 weapons choice and 2 line of mods when there is a lot of empty space making choosing a weapon or modding a pain in the ass with lot of scrolling...   Other parts of the UI now scale like inventory or relic, why can't arsenal scales too. 

Can't preview my warframe / operator color for cosmetic in the market but you can in other shop. And please give us a movement free camera for those preview. 

Feels like a lot but it doesn't stop me from enjoying the game, i'm kind of used to it, though i'm more and more in solo mode these days.

1 hour ago, Padre_Akais said:

Some of those players do...

And some also come here complaining to get the game changed... Successfully.

Like it or not, That's just a reality.

Asserting "what should be" and "human behavior" while ignoring the realities of both is a bit of a double standard, don't you think?

And for what it's worth,  code doesn't have to control human behavior to limit it's impact... That's why it was called "nerf" to begin with.

You can cite any behavioral ideology you'd like and it won't change the fact that things get nerfed/buffed based on player feedback.

Or that some of that feedback comes from the results of interactions with others in-game.

Fair enough.

Code to get us better options to filter with whom we team would help, for example, IMO. I agree code can facilitate, but there will still be players with a 'casual' tag that step into those scenarios with the explicit goal of ticking off said casuals, and people with 'hardcore' tags that will play non-meta build to screw with people, IMO/IME. Code can help, but it will not stop the toxic players, IMO/IME. Toxic players get their jollies by circumventing the things made to keep them at bay, IMO/IME.

I simply do not think, based on my conversations with people that make GaaS games, that the forum posters have as much impact as they think on development, i know there are other, more direct lines of feedback that are used, as well as real data, for making game changes. Sure a bug here or there is found, sure, a bit of inspiration here or there, but the masses just don't rule the roost to the degree they think, IME.

From my POV, the goal of many of these 'issues' posters bring up is to restrict players to playing a certain way, so everything fits into little boxes that are acceptable to those who like for everything to fit in a little box. If it says 'assault rifle' then it has to look, feel, sound like what they think an 'assault rifle' should look feel and sound, hung up on the word, hung up the details, not able to see the forest for the trees, as it were.

The main 'balance' issues I see brought up all the time have to do with 'this player' 'feeling' as if 'that player' did things 'they do not like', from going AFK to killing it all too fast. These posters seem to think if every single load out was somehow normalized to the degree this could not happen, then then the game would be 'better'. I cannot describe how much I disagree with that. What I see many, if not most, of the 'balance' arguments trying to to are either to prevent others from 'doing better' than 'me', or to make the game into some bland combat simulation, whereas I want a game, for fun, not a second life.

The bottom line is that whatever 'it' is, this 'need/desire/drive' to go and tell a game company 'how it should be' is simply something I do not possess, partially because I know how software companies work, but mostly because I just don't understand the desire to 'correct' something I view as art. I examine the rules of a game and play within those rules, rather than trying to change them, I play for what the game 'is' and keep my desires to 'right the wrongs of the world' to things I know I can impact.

Gamers that are so full of their own steam they think they need to go and tell a game company what and how to do their jobs, are just not 'my people'. Known too many in RL. I get all sorts of flack for being laid back and relaxed about what code ends up in game because of my outlook, nothing new for me, this is a people problem, IME, not a code problem.

49 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

Code to get us better options to filter with whom we team would help, for example, IMO. I agree code can facilitate, but there will still be players with a 'casual' tag that step into those scenarios with the explicit goal of ticking off said casuals, and people with 'hardcore' tags that will play non-meta build to screw with people, IMO/IME. Code can help, but it will not stop the toxic players, IMO/IME. Toxic players get their jollies by circumventing the things made to keep them at bay, IMO/IME.

Completely agree and have asked for that periodically for years now... It would reduce some of that friction by grouping like players together.

That said, there have been many that don't want such strictures because they feel it would limit their grouping options...Which I understand.

51 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

I simply do not think, based on my conversations with people that make GaaS games, that the forum posters have as much impact as they think on development, i know there are other, more direct lines of feedback that are used, as well as real data, for making game changes. Sure a bug here or there is found, sure, a bit of inspiration here or there, but the masses just don't rule the roost to the degree they think, IME.

They have that much impact here and have for years... It's, if I had to guess, a large reason why this forum is so vocal to begin with.

You are welcome to disregard that or seek out other players to confirm or deny my stance on the matter and take from that what you will.

My job isn't to convince you 😀

That said, Were I to outline just the ones I remember over the years this post would become annoyingly long(er) quickly.

57 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

From my POV, the goal of many of these 'issues' posters bring up is to restrict players to playing a certain way, so everything fits into little boxes that are acceptable to those who like for everything to fit in a little box. If it says 'assault rifle' then it has to look, feel, sound like what they think an 'assault rifle' should look feel and sound, hung up on the word, hung up the details, not able to see the forest for the trees, as it were.

I am specifically referencing players who have come to these forums complaining about how "X was un-fun to play around/with" only to see enough of these posts occur until X gets tuned.

That might include the group you have mentioned but it certainly isn't limited to them.

59 minutes ago, Zimzala said:

The main 'balance' issues I see brought up all the time have to do with 'this player' 'feeling' as if 'that player' did things 'they do not like', from going AFK to killing it all too fast. These posters seem to think if every single load out was somehow normalized to the degree this could not happen, then then the game would be 'better'. I cannot describe how much I disagree with that. What I see many, if not most, of the 'balance' arguments trying to to are either to prevent others from 'doing better' than 'me', or to make the game into some bland combat simulation, whereas I want a game, for fun, not a second life.

I don't see those as the main balance arguments being presented generally but would agree that some players do site those concerns. It has certainly been a more effective cause for changes imo than nebulous discussions of balance.

The bottom line is that whatever 'it' is, this 'need/desire/drive' to go and tell a game company 'how it should be' is simply something I do not possess, partially because I know how software companies work, but mostly because I just don't understand the desire to 'correct' something I view as art. I examine the rules of a game and play within those rules, rather than trying to change them, I play for what the game 'is' and keep my desires to 'right the wrongs of the world' to things I know I can impact.

I appreciate the insight. Do you think that makes you better then those players or merely possessing a different perspective?

Gamers that are so full of their own steam they think they need to go and tell a game company what and how to do their jobs, are just not 'my people'. Known too many in RL. I get all sorts of flack for being laid back and relaxed about what code ends up in game because of my outlook, nothing new for me, this is a people problem, IME, not a code problem.

When the way you interact with people is through code... It becomes a code problem.

fov still needs to be wider, the white flashes that happen before many missions are very annoying too. the visual clutter of teammates powers is sometimes hard to deal with and i already ticked the reduced visual effects for teammates in the game options. host migration fails way more than it needs to be. the ui is still not uniform depending on your theme decision and the horizontal scroll needs to go. companions can't use ephemeras except the ones from the liches. vacuum and many other qol mods are still not part of our warframes and take precious space that can be used for more important mods.

1. Lack of context in terms of the story. Half the time i had no idea what was going on. Gimme NPCs that give me more exposition for each faction, syndicate, character, or historic event. Also, past events turned into quests (if applicable) in chronological order.
  2. More story quests, even if they're side stories that flesh out the universe (Deadlock Protocol was amazing).
  3. Lack of Elite enemy units that really push you to the edge. Liches, Acolytes, SP Stalker and Disruptors are doing it for me. And no, not just pump up the health bar. Implement basic strategic approaches. Like, blocking, counter (timing your block for melee enemies), directional dodging, reading your enemy's telegraphed attacks, etc...
  4. Even MORE customization options! Free placement and resize of attachments, same for Operators, and more!

2 hours ago, Zimzala said:

forum posters have as much impact as they think on development,

Yeah, despite the overwhelming amount of evidence, they still do it

Theorizing is fun and all, but oftentimes I notice that people here take it so seriously as if they were envoys to a galactic council, despite the fact that none of their ideas or counterarguments will amount to anything (or at least it's extremely likely that it will not)

I just feel kinda bad for those who write several A4 pages worth of changes, explaining the why's and how's. Maybe they had fun writing it, but their hopes will be inevitably crushed one day, and that feeling sucks as hell

They have that much impact here and have for years... It's, if I had to guess, a large reason why this forum is so vocal to begin with.

Well, perhaps that is correct here, but IME, even when players think it is, are led to believe it is by the developers, it's not, it's just done to make people think they are engaged. I am pretty jaded over this one, watched companies do it for years and years now.

I appreciate the insight. Do you think that makes you better then those players or merely possessing a different perspective?

Not in the least. I simply recognize that my entire outlook makes many of these players raging mad at me for not 'standing up against the game company tyranny'. Has happen twice in the last few days in various places. I get think in their minds this 'need' to change the game typically comes form what they think is a 'good place', but too many problem solvers think they can re-engineer complex systems with "they could just..." IME. I have lived my life by recognizing what the playing field is, what the rules are both spoken and unspoken, and finding a path to victory, over changing the rules. People in both my personal and professional world have viscerally hated me for this outlook, so getting flak on forums for it is NBD. They cannot understand how I can be relaxed about these things, and I cannot understand why they are wound up about them.

When the way you interact with people is through code... It becomes a code problem.

IMO, still a people problem, one that cannot be solved with code. Code might be used as a tool, but the problem is still the people, IMO. I have for years with a team of others told people we can solve any tech problem with the right time and money, but we don't touch people problems, no ROI.

In the end, when it comes to games and entertainment, it's hard to understand why people choose to rage about so much of it, when I am just happy to have the time, resources, and good health to be playing video games, that are entirely new virtual worlds for us to explore, literally childhood fantasies brought to life...

Hunting, fishing and mining are one of the biggest pet peeves of mine. They are 100% pointless and have nothing to do with the core game play. I have never once enjoyed the time I spent doing these activities. 

Yeah, you need to do them to farm materials to craft stuff but, there is no reason you couldn't farm resources by just playing the game. they don't have to come from fishing and mining. I want to make a zaw, amp, kitgun or any other random frame or weapon. I don't want to leave the main game play loop to do tedious bust work farming pointless materials. 

Need specific fish parts? Do you need day/night, warm/cold cycles, cave/pond, lake/ocean locations? Who tf knows, Better hit the wiki to look that S#&amp;&#036; up. Wasting my damn time here before I even started. Once you look up that stuff you need to make sure you have bait and dye, hope you have standing to spare and aren't trying to rank up. Oh yeah, you're going to have to find a hot spot too. When you do finally get around to fishing the fish you want don't spawn half the time. You're standing around like some moron ready to throw your spear at nothing for 20 minutes. When the fish finally decide to show up random dbags come along to shoot the water and scare the fish away. 

You know what's more fun that up close target practice on a rock? Anything, literally any damn thing I've ever done in my life is more exciting that mining. 

We are WARFRAMES why tf are we saving little cute fuzzy animals? I feel that there is a serious misuse of my abilities here. Couldn't any random person in your trash town go out and save those animals so I have more time to save your asses from the grineer and corpus. 

Seriously, these three activities completely killed open worlds for me. I like the idea of open worlds but half of the "content" it tedious busy work. 

As a 5 year player, I honestly hate how sinc some fellow vets have such unrealistic expectations. Moreso, I hate the contradicting messages they send.

As for the game, I just don't like that DE fell into the "content drought" trap and tried to release content faster in order to make those whiney (more like subscription and likes slave) players happy. Warframe should remain paced and envisioned from the devs' perspective first, always. DE should NEVER rush stuff out again! Screw the crybabies!

13 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Armchair Developers.

"After thousands/hundreds of hours I've sunk into this game, spending years/months being entertained and having fun, I decided that this game is not fun, its a complete waste of time now. Even though, as I mentioned previously, I was entertained in those hundreds/thousands of hours and months/years, I am no longer thinking any of them were valid. So I declare that this game is a waste and its dying."

Cash money on the spot. 

I've played nearly 3k hours in Warframe. More time than any other game by a mile. I've been entertained far more than I would have expected when I first started playing.

1 hour ago, GEN-Son_17 said:

As a 5 year player, I honestly hate how sinc some fellow vets have such unrealistic expectations. Moreso, I hate the contradicting messages they send.

As for the game, I just don't like that DE fell into the "content drought" trap and tried to release content faster in order to make those whiney (more like subscription and likes slave) players happy. Warframe should remain paced and envisioned from the devs' perspective first, always. DE should NEVER rush stuff out again! Screw the crybabies!

this needs more upvotes, that "content drought" trap is EXACTLY what happened the whole 2020, of all those deimos is probably the biggest rushed update. All other free roam area's took at least a year if not more, deimos was made from scratch in less then 6 months.

UNFINISHED AND UNRELEASED CONTENT....

Railjack Unfinished.

kuva lich system Unfinished

Duviri paradox unreleased

New war  unreleased.  Two events and a 30 second cut scene doesn’t count...

Third orb mother  unreleased.

Modular Arch wing   unreleased.

Squad link Unreleased

Melee 3.0   unfinished

Pets 2.0   unfinished

Rework augments/useless mods + rework status, Unreleased...

Cross save- Cross play.   Unreleased

Raids, Never Returned after they said they would... 

Night wave,   Un maintained  .. 

Feel free to add to the list…

So many options to play with, most of which get ignored because there's such a huge power discrepancy between them. Parkour mods (and parkour in general) are underused because the space for those Mods are choked out by other mods. IMO, there needs to be a narrower spectrum of power to encourage use of a wider range of build options. 

18 hours ago, Tuli_Donitsi said:

As a 6 year veteran my issue is lack of things to do and unique content which is why I play maybe every other day for an hour or less. Octavia Prime should keep me busy for a month or two.

What has always bothered me is new content that is like... almost forgotten for a year or two until it gets more content or upgrades but by the time that happens it's already too late. Many refuse to touch it now because of their bad experience in the past.

I completely understand that, I have been playing since June, 22, 2017, I'm mr 30, there is nothing to do that is Fun. all I have is dojo and orbiter decoration... I remember having fun 2 times in the last year, Grendels missions, and Arlo's flame boss steel path when me and my friend didn't know it didn't need to be completed for the rewards. XD which is stupid but I understand it may be too hard for people. 

Archived