Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Should I buy Khora or Protea?

Go to solution Solved by Am_Sha3gar,

Question

• Solution

Protea is really easy to farm if you build a decent xoris or a mesa, but you have to farm it solo, while for Khora you can always find people to farm with but it's a much worse farm, lower chances and a lot more time you have to spend to get to round 8, see what is more preferable to you.

As warframes protea is really good utility, khora is good cc/DPS but you have to build a stat stick to use her efficiently.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, nslay said:

Weekly Nightwave? "Play 8 rounds of Sanctuary Onslaught"

ESO counts for that, though, 'cos it's still Sanctuary Onslaught.

Anybody has Khora and is geared up for ESO has no need to downgrade to SO.

On 2021-02-24 at 1:50 PM, _4shes said:

I'm not sure which to buy after having terrible luck farming both. Any advice?

I'd say Khora.

Khora:

• has IMHO a wider range of viable playstyles (for if you like variety)
  • has a loot Augment (for if you like Survival camping)
  • has a deluxe skin (endgame!)

I hear her whip's a bit hinky about hitting things AtM, but apparently that's getting fixed.

Protea:

• has a Dispensary... but you already have solutions for Health, Ammo and Energy, don't you? Also, if you're on the move it'll be sitting there burping out the goodies a kilometre or so behind you -- so it's fine for Defence, for Exterminate not so much. Not useless, but a bit situational.
  • has Temporal Anchor which puts you back where you started when it expires, so is also no good if you're on the move. Can be cancelled before it expires, but then it's as if you never cast it. Not totally useless, but very situational.
  • has Blaze Artillery which, if you build her right and spam it, melts ****ing everything. Okay, this is kinda great. Also gets kinda samey, kinda quickly.

Both are powerful, but Khora's more flexible.

And Protea's farm is easy-cheesy with Mesa, and a lot less tedious than farming Khora in SO.

Khora is the worst warframe farm of the whole game, so if you can't stand RNG but have limited plat go for her. Protea farm can be cheesed with mesa in solo (~5 min per attempt counting granum coin farm), and drop chance / time to invest is muuuch more favourable.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Omega-ZX said:

Nope. Grendel is the worst.

Tbh farmed Grendel 3 times now - 1 for myself, a second one for helminth while my gf got hers, and a third one for my best friend - and Octavia really makes that grind a non-issue. At least you have guaranteed pieces and no rng, when compared to Protea or Khora, the latter being worse imho.

That being said, rng apart, Grendel really is a PITA to farm, still.

Edited by (PSN)Hikuro-93
  • Like 4
10 hours ago, Omega-ZX said:

Nope. Grendel is the worst.

I think Harrow is worse. Grendel seems pretty bad because of those limited missions... but you will get the part if you succeed. You may have to run dozens and dozens of 8 squads-rescued Defection missions to get one Harrow Systems. Defection is awful.

5 minutes ago, nslay said:

I think Harrow is worse. Grendel seems pretty bad because of those limited missions... but you will get the part if you succeed. You may have to run dozens and dozens of 8 squads-rescued Defection missions to get one Harrow Systems. Defection is awful.

Revenant Neuroptics...

1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Revenant Neuroptics...

You must be joking... I think I probably have a bunch of those. Gara and Revenant parts were already well stocked and ready to go for Helminth for me! But that's probably because I ran bounties so many times during all those past unvaults to get relics and I just accumulated Revenant and Gara parts.

Why do you think this one is particularly bad? And what about those 3 Harrow Systems you got in like 6 hours of Defection?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, nslay said:

You must be joking... I think I probably have a bunch of those. Gara and Revenant parts were already well stocked and ready to go for Helminth for me! But that's probably because I ran bounties so many times during all those past unvaults to get relics and I just accumulated Revenant and Gara parts.

Why do you think this one is particularly bad? And what about those 3 Harrow Systems you got in like 6 hours of Defection?

Bounty 5 on Cetus. I ran it 52 times to get my Neuroptics. 

No I'm not joking. It's bad because it's a mission taking around 10 minures each time that gives basically no decent reason for running the mission. And yes, Harrow systems is bad as well.

Edited by -CdG-Zilchy
  • Like 2
6 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Bounty 5 on Cetus. I ran it 52 times to get my Neuroptics. 

No I'm not joking. It's bad because it's a mission taking around 10 minures each time that gives basically no decent reason for running the mission. And yes, Harrow systems is bad as well.

Wow, that's some extreme bad luck. It apparently rolls in 2 stages (4 and 5). And if you can get all the bonuses, you actually get 3 total rolls that could be Revenant Neuroptics. I guess one of the rolls is 6.76% while the last one is 10.2%... but that's still way better than Harrow (something like ~2% in rotation B and ~7% in rotation C).

I think your 3-4 Harrow Systems in like 6 hour Defection is still pretty good luck for Harrow!

4 minutes ago, nslay said:

Wow, that's some extreme bad luck. It apparently rolls in 2 stages (4 and 5). And if you can get all the bonuses, you actually get 3 total rolls that could be Revenant Neuroptics. I guess one of the rolls is 6.76% while the last one is 10.2%... but that's still way better than Harrow (something like ~2% in rotation B and ~7% in rotation C).

I think your 3-4 Harrow Systems in like 6 hour Defection is still pretty good luck for Harrow!

I'm surprised you didn't see me raging on our discord lol, there was a pool going on how long it would take me and everyone laughing that I kept on only getting the small endo rewards instead.

10 minutes ago, LegendaryNeurotoxin said:

You'll be like me one day, with enough sets of Khora parts to fully repopulate Cetus with Khoras. Elite Sanctuary Onslaught has always been my go-to place to nuke weapons up to max rank with Saryn Thanos Sneeze or Equinox Maimbomber build. 

Don't they drop in round 8? No way it takes that long to level, I admire you for staying in that boring level that long.

2 minutes ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Don't they drop in round 8? No way it takes that long to level, I admire you for staying in that boring level that long.

The parts are scattered over the rounds. I think round 8 drops the BP and one other part. But I think you can also some of her parts in round 2, 4 and 6 too.

Also, it's Sanctuary Onslaught (SO without the 'E').  Please don't try to farm Khora in ESO... you will get some terrible vandal weapon parts and peculiar mods instead.

1 minute ago, nslay said:

The parts are scattered over the rounds. I think round 8 drops the BP and one other part. But I think you can also some of her parts in round 2, 4 and 6 too.

Also, it's Sanctuary Onslaught (SO without the 'E').  Please don't try to farm Khora in ESO... you will get some terrible vandal weapon parts and peculiar mods instead.

Fair but there's just no reason other than Khora that I would EVER visit SO instead of ESO so I imagine the guy I quoted did it in ESO.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Fair but there's just no reason other than Khora that I would EVER visit SO instead of ESO so I imagine the guy I quoted did it in ESO.

Or maybe you don't want some specific Octavia relic rendered radiant by ESO?

Otherwise, yes... ESO is much more fun!

Just now, nslay said:

Or maybe you don't want some specific Octavia relic rendered radiant by ESO?

Otherwise, yes... ESO is much more fun!

I don't find either one fun but for levelling weapons, ESO is gonna be faster, you get radiant relics instead of flawed etc, there's just zero reason for going there. And for Nightwave, if you go to ESO that works as well, or at least it did last time that challenge came up.