Temporary sub-forum for Update 30: Call of the Tempestarii ×

Octavia Prime: Hotfix 29.9.1

20 hours ago, CouncilofTheSeven said:

Primes are supposed to be every THREE months. Octavia Prime was released FOUR and half months after Nezha Prime, and you want it delayed ever further?! Just cause ' a lot' of people weren't looking forward to this prime set doesn't mean no one is. I was very excited for this prime set and I know I am not alone on that.

I for one like it when DE spreads out content(big or small) instead of releasing it all at once. It breaks up the content drought. Even if the new content entertains me for only a few days, it's better than NOTHING for a Three-Six months!

Let's do some basic fact checking here.  You can follow along, but I'll provide the summary.  

Prime frames:

Average time between releases: 99.63 days

Maximum time between releases: 156 days (Excalibur Prime to Frost Prime)

Minimum time between releases: 68 days (Mag Prime to Ember Prime)

Standard Deviation: 16.306

Translation: assuming a normal distribution for releases.... you'll have a 95% likelihood of getting a new one between 67 and 132 days later

Time between Nezha and Octavia: 119 days

Last 5 deltas: 119, 105, 105, 105, and 77 days.

This kind of indicates that the 119 days is expected...and not as you've framed it an outlier.  It's especially interesting when you graph the delta, and discover that there are 4 outliers of release, that don't fall between 80 and 120 days....so yeah.  The trend for Prime releases is functionally 80-120 days between them.

Now....let's discuss the regular frames.  That has no rules.  0-224 days between releases.  The trend is all over the place, with the only viable weak correlation is that as time goes on the days between release increase.  Ouch.  For those who want numbers, the trendline:

Intercepts Y at 43 days, meaning that at the start of the game average time between new frames was 43 days.

Has a slope of 1.799.  That means for each subsequent release you add on basically 2 more days between frames.

This means that at the 100 frame count we'd have 180+43 or 223 days between frames dropping.  At the current 46 frames it's a more manageable 126 days.  The r2 is 0.17, so it's a very weak correlation to any individual result.  That being said, 68 days so far with late next month as the fuzzy window of release (as stated in the last dev stream).  That's crossing the 90 day threshold rather easily.

Regarding your preferred cadence, I'm game.  I remember the pre open-world release cadence.  Tenno reinforcements that were just a couple of guns were not a bad thing, especially when they came at a regular interval.  That said, is DE going to go back?  I'd doubt it, given that 4 years of this is a rather strong indicator of the opposite.  What do I know though?

• Like 4
On 2021-02-24 at 1:26 PM, Dark_Lugia said:

thanks

unknown.png

Are we getting fixes for the the waypoints soon?

Warframe1447.jpg

This is not only an issue on grineer tiles, but also on the other tiles.
Especially during the recent relic farm runs it gets pretty annoying if you are slowed down by missing or wrong waypoints.

Still waiting for this one too, i keep like this in the game : where in the hell i'm supposed to go

On 2021-02-24 at 9:26 AM, Dark_Lugia said:

thanks

unknown.png

Warframe1447.jpg

Especially during the recent relic farm runs it gets pretty annoying if you are slowed down by missing or wrong waypoints.

No. It has been broken ever since ESO came out. Don't think they are ever going to fix it.

On 2021-02-24 at 5:26 PM, Dark_Lugia said:

thanks

unknown.png

Warframe1447.jpg

its like this litterly 1 week after they changed the waypoints it just gets way more frequent recently becasue more players are calling it out. while like 99.9% players are affected by the waypoint bugs. they just dont fix it no matter waht.  i predict that the railjack "bugdate" will not have a fix for it in it either. its getting really bad becasue unlike almost 1 year ago excavation thumper progress and interception is slowly getting theses bug more frequently too by missing the abcd on the ui (so you cant see progress like the excavation) making id a really bad feeling to even play.

DE if you ever read it get on this problem and fix it already we (the players) wanting those fixes even more than any content patch delay them if needed but PLEASE fix the waypoints

Still awaiting acknowledgement or a fix for this trivial issue. Arcane Eruption still works perfectly fine, how is it so hard to translate that effect to this mod? Come on.

• Like 1

Can we get guaranteed spawn of Kuva Lich on a first mission after we uncover all the requiems? It is beyond stupid to be playing pointless super high level missions and not get it to spawn at all. And then when it spawns, and you defeat it, but don't have requiems in correct order, you end up wasting hours just to do simple completion of Kuva Lich endeavour.

Also, Stats button at the end of the mission doesn't show up all the time, and for a second or two right after you finish the mission and are loaded back to your orbiter and regain mouse control, mouse is invisible for a while

• Like 3

Please start acknowledging your errors or intent to correct issues. It's not a good look for you DE.

I hate having to say this, to emphasize this issue. I love this game and so much about the premise and goals - but there's got to be a better way to go about this stuff.

6 hours ago, iPathos said:

Please start acknowledging your errors or intent to correct issues. It's not a good look for you DE.

I hate having to say this, to emphasize this issue. I love this game and so much about the premise and goals - but there's got to be a better way to go about this stuff.

I hate to say this, but did you watch the recent stream?  If not, I suggest you do.  Some interesting highlights, for me, were when they actually did admit that what was released was pretty bad.  The high points:

1) Railjack at release was a mess.

2) Railjack 2.0 was an improvement, but did virtually nothing to fix quite a few of the issues.

3) Railjack 2.0 had nothing much to do.  One mission type, poor descriptions of the missions, and poor integration with anything else.

4) Railjack 3.0 is going to have blackjack and hookers.  Yeah, gotta love Bender.  Joking aside, they're promising quite a lot.

5) Those people who managed to make it through the mess of 2.0 and 1.0 "will be rewarded."  No promises, so I'm not holding my breath that it isn't just going to be a couple of boosters.  That said, they at least aren't telling us it's our fault anymore.

These are not all of the salient points, but hopefully it does show a DE that's been battered by a year of negative feedback and is willing to correct course.  I say this as a regular source of that negative feedback, and will even tack some on here.  Out of the last 5 trips into arbitrations 3 of them allowed people to die and resurrect instead of requiring resurgence burdens....so yeah.  It's not like it'll be good tomorrow, but at least they've acknowledged it as an issue.

• Like 2

after the update wukong has changed a bit about his 2nd skill 
so back when before the octavia prime update 2nd wukong was able to pickup material mods and energy/health while invisble/2nd skill
after the update im not able to pick up anything while invisble/2nd skill is this a bug? cuz i already try it restart and other mission and it doesnt work too pls reply

• Like 1
On 2021-03-01 at 4:56 AM, master_of_destiny said:

I hate to say this, but did you watch the recent stream?  If not, I suggest you do.  Some interesting highlights, for me, were when they actually did admit that what was released was pretty bad.  The high points:

1) Railjack at release was a mess.

2) Railjack 2.0 was an improvement, but did virtually nothing to fix quite a few of the issues.

3) Railjack 2.0 had nothing much to do.  One mission type, poor descriptions of the missions, and poor integration with anything else.

4) Railjack 3.0 is going to have blackjack and hookers.  Yeah, gotta love Bender.  Joking aside, they're promising quite a lot.

5) Those people who managed to make it through the mess of 2.0 and 1.0 "will be rewarded."  No promises, so I'm not holding my breath that it isn't just going to be a couple of boosters.  That said, they at least aren't telling us it's our fault anymore.

These are not all of the salient points, but hopefully it does show a DE that's been battered by a year of negative feedback and is willing to correct course.  I say this as a regular source of that negative feedback, and will even tack some on here.  Out of the last 5 trips into arbitrations 3 of them allowed people to die and resurrect instead of requiring resurgence burdens....so yeah.  It's not like it'll be good tomorrow, but at least they've acknowledged it as an issue.

Unfortunately due to the time of the streams, I am never able to catch them live - they fall within my work hours and thus I cannot use that as a form of feedback. This is overlooking the fact that they have entire subsections in this forum specifically dedicated to bug reporting, player feedback and more. This is the area in which they need to step up their game, as we don't have any indication something is even on their radar excepting the rare times in which they reply to a specific bug thread, or some random fix is applied in a hotfix to something either minor or irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. 

I post about this so negatively now because despite all of the good intentions being displayed, we're still waiting on word - word they can easily and concisely convey in their own extant, activity-filled forum. I want the game to continue being loved by as many people as possible, but I find it increasingly difficult without actual, tangible movement. I'm not asking for every report to be scrutinized like player reports, I simply would like to see acknowledgement. Allowing us to recognise that things ARE being looked at, or that they're aware. The Furax Amalgam and Khora's bugged Whipclaw LoS checks are two gameplay-impacting issues with the fix/system already being in place, just needing translation or tweaking.

Edited by iPathos
Typo
  • Like 1
8 minutes ago, iPathos said:

Unfortunately due to the time of the streams, I am never able to catch them live - they fall within my work hours and thus I cannot use that as a form of feedback. This is overlooking the fact that they have entire subsections in this forum specifically dedicated to bug reporting, player feedback and more. This is the area in which they need to step up their game, as we don't have any indication something is even on their radar excepting the rare times in which they reply to a specific bug thread, or some random fix is applied in a hotfix to something either minor or irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. 

I post about this so negatively now because despite all of the good intentions being displayed, we're still waiting on word - word they can easily and concisely convey in their own extant, activity-filled forum. I want the game to continue being loved by as many people as possible, but I find it increasingly difficult without actual, tangible movement. I'm not asking for every report to be scrutinized like player reports, I simply would like to see acknowledgement. Allowing us to recognise that things ARE being looked at, or that they're aware. The Furax Amalgam and Khora's bugged Whipclaw LoS checks are two gameplay-impacting issues with the fix/system already being in place, just needing translation or tweaking.

You know....I'm in the midst of defending DE.  It's odd, as I'm generally the one ripping them a new hole to lie from.

That being said, let's discuss the insanity.  If there's a bug, you're best to get onto social media.  Find a developer account.  Shoot them a message, professionally asking for a review.  It's odd to say this....because it's immensely unprofessional.  That said, it's a learned behavior from how DE responds.  People ask about universal medallions, well one tweet can justify making them not universal.  People start to complain about bugs....well if it's somehow capable of making things less grindy simply post a video of the "exploit."  As long as it becomes a social media event, you're likely to get feedback.

-Please note I'm not advertising to do this.  I'm only observing it is demonstrably the way communication is most effective, based on the past.-

Likewise, DE does make promises about the future on the dev streams.  You not being able to watch them is reasonable....because even if you're in the same time zone as DE it's during regular work hours.  That said, go back and watch them.  They'll regularly discuss what is upcoming, and if hit by enough responses they might even answer about failed promises.  If you look on the Steam page right now they feature the Ghoul Saw....because that only took about 3 years to make good on.  Regarding bug fixing....I've got nothing.  What is a bug and isn't is largely a toss of the coin, given that we can still have things spawn outside of the map and there is regularly not enough enemies spawning on low level missions to get 10 reactant.

I'm saying all of this knowing your frustration.  I say this, fully understanding no other game has a page of "promised" features that are older than most games take to develop fully.  That said, let's be a bit fair here.  DE isn't going to change over night.  They aren't magically the worst ever.  Your frustration is likely because of poor delivery, and that's not likely to change ever.  I'm a Zephyr main, and it's been 7 years without a deluxe skin.  The prime has come and been vaulted.  Despite this, frames from 2018 already have a deluxe skin.  While this is frustrating, the recent changes to Warframe are a step in the right direction.  Note, not worth stopping the pressure about.  That said, it's time for maybe a little less threats and a little more positive encouragement.

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

Likewise, DE does make promises about the future on the dev streams.  You not being able to watch them is reasonable....because even if you're in the same time zone as DE it's during regular work hours.  That said, go back and watch them.  They'll regularly discuss what is upcoming, and if hit by enough responses they might even answer about failed promises.  If you look on the Steam page right now they feature the Ghoul Saw....because that only took about 3 years to make good on.  Regarding bug fixing....I've got nothing.  What is a bug and isn't is largely a toss of the coin, given that we can still have things spawn outside of the map and there is regularly not enough enemies spawning on low level missions to get 10 reactant.

To clarify on what I meant by not being able to watch them live, I meant that I do go back and watch them. The issue is that the entire communication aspect of them is then one-sided, while perfectly-functioning forums have every capacity to surpass time zones, restrictions of access, instead of also being nearly entirely one-sided in the other direction. They clearly can do better, and while I respect that the Coronavirus pandemic puts a large damper on their normal routine, this is something they are entirely capable of and should work on.

And, also - I made no threats. I am simply voicing my distaste for the current way things are, something I did not do much if at all during my time as a GotL or even before then.

Edited by iPathos
Addition
  • Like 2
15 hours ago, iPathos said:

To clarify on what I meant by not being able to watch them live, I meant that I do go back and watch them. The issue is that the entire communication aspect of them is then one-sided, while perfectly-functioning forums have every capacity to surpass time zones, restrictions of access, instead of also being nearly entirely one-sided in the other direction. They clearly can do better, and while I respect that the Coronavirus pandemic puts a large damper on their normal routine, this is something they are entirely capable of and should work on.

And, also - I made no threats. I am simply voicing my distaste for the current way things are, something I did not do much if at all during my time as a GotL or even before then.

Let me go about this backwards.  Let me define threats, because I'm quite guilty of making them myself.  I've walked back on them, because they're generally not useful.  In this case the threat implied is "I'm leaving."  While not a physical threat, the threat is that you are going to hurt the financial well being of someone else.  I neither meant, nor implied, a physical threat was offered.

Regarding the other bit, I have to ask how long you've been playing.  I ask not because there's a value to age, only to try and understand where you're coming from.  Explaining this, I remember playing prior to Zephyr's introduction.  You logged onto the game, there was maybe a few thousand people playing, and feedback mattered because the game was still shaky.  That was the very early days, and has not been the case for a very long time.

In the last five years we've largely transitioned from a DE to player interface, to a DE through social media interface.  They haven't "done better" than secondary communications for longer than most games take to make.  

Expanding upon the above, why would DE chose to cut communication?  Well, two reasons.  DE demonstrated that they "know what customers want" with the Second Dream.  Fine.  The other side is that with financial performance, DE "learned" that surprise sells.  This one-two punch of feedback solidified that DE didn't need to have a fine grasp on the community.  This worked for a couple of years....functionally to the introduction of open worlds.  Thereafter the game has been in constant decline, with the last two years actually showing negative financial results.    

So, that brings us to today.  DE has halved the developer streams, and has stated that they're going to change a lot of things.  Unfortunately, I'll believe it when I see it.  At the same time, you've indicated that you've watched the streams.  Let me be abundantly clear, you stated "Please start acknowledging your errors or intent to correct issues. It's not a good look for you DE. ..."  The latest stream did exactly that.  I am more than happy to nail DE to the wall when they've done wrong.  That said, maybe before you put them on blast it'd be reasonable for you to confirm that they don't directly do what you are asking for...  You're welcome to dredge up the past, and lord knows I do.  That said, credit where it is due is not unreasonable to ask for.  It's also reasonable that once DE fails to follow through as told to us, we make sure they're held to account.  I'm not a staunch defender, but I'm most definitely willing to give them the rope and watch them hang themselves without ever tying a knot into it.  I'll happily be surprised when they tie a half hitch rather than a noose...but I will wait for them to do it.

• Like 1
On 2021-03-03 at 4:33 AM, master_of_destiny said:

-snip-

To clarify on your requests, I started in Sept 2015. Certainly not at the beginning of the game's life, but early enough to have seen the changes DE has gone through over these last five and a bit years since. I am not threatening to leave, I am stating my distaste at the current situation and my simple intent to continue telling DE my thoughts, opinion, reports of bugs and all other items requested by the existence and stated purpose of the relevant subforums, as well as occasionally in update threads (as they retain a large amount of general activity, instead of the more focused attitude of those in the aforementioned topics/subforums). There is no implied threat here, physical, financial or otherwise - there is only frustration at something that by all rights, should either not have become an issue or - that DE has constantly received feedback about for years, and yet either made promises (many of which ended up empty or with very little substance to them) or claims that things will change.

I await their movement on their acknowledgement, and considering the framework they already have had in place for years, something above simply a AMA/QnA session muxed into the new devstream timeline would be much preferred. Until then, I will continue reporting bugs and if no change is noted/noticed/acknowledged, then I shall continue to articulate my frustration while doing so.

• Like 3
On 2021-03-02 at 4:25 PM, xXkrentonXx said:

psst infested fish explode in the side tanks in your orbiter if you just so happen to bullet jump into the walls if theyre floating by :p

yes, I always remember that after not playing for a while, when I nearly have a heart attack xD

exploiter orb bounty didnt count to the orb vallis bounties for NW and the profit taker bounty did

dumb request can floof balls be added to dojo? please. you can always make limits per room. im just inventing a past time.

• [DE]Megan unfeatured and unpinned this topic