Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mission Complete Screen Stats: What?!

jesusdh

2 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

Let's say an enemy have 1000 hp.

You did 900 damage. Your teammate only did 100, but it was the last hit that killed the enemy.

And that's how the mission complete screen works.

Don't worry it had me confused as well at first.

Thats not quite how it works.

If the enemy has 1000 life and you hit for 1 million damage you still get 1 million damage recorded for the damage dealt. 

9 minutes ago, BloodKitten said:

do people really care about end of mission stats? the only time i care is if there is a clear leecher, otherwise, stats in non competetive games are a joke.

Define "care about"

I mean... It is certainly fun to review stats at the end of a match. They don't mean anything but they're certainly fun to look at.

14 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

Thats not quite how it works.

If the enemy has 1000 life and you hit for 1 million damage you still get 1 million damage recorded for the damage dealt. 

If the enemy has 1000 life and you hit for 1 million damage the enemy will die and you will get the kill on stat.

You're right. Just slightly out of context, since we're here to shed some light to OP and his confusion about his screencap.

19 hours ago, Soy77 said:

If the enemy has 1000 life and you hit for 1 million damage the enemy will die and you will get the kill on stat.

You're right. Just slightly out of context, since we're here to shed some light to OP and his confusion about his screencap.

The confusion on his screencap is directly related to overflow damage, which is what I was talking about...

The comment you quoted, by the way, was related to you inaccurately representing how damage is calculated for the end of screen results...

9 hours ago, Leqesai said:

The confusion on his screencap is directly related to overflow damage

You want to do this? Let's go, mate. I happen to be in an awful mood today.

Okay damage overflow exists. But even if my reply was only half part of the truth... But no. He was asking about kill - damage dealt ratio, how is the person who gets more kill, was registered doing less damage:

13 hours ago, jesusdh said:

It actually don't bothers me the kill/damage dealt results, i just find it funny. 

You're wrong.

3 hours ago, Soy77 said:

He was asking about kill - damage dealt ratio, how is the person who gets more kill, was registered doing less damage

Because he is doing less damage overall even with more kills.
This is been like this for at least 2 years and it's pretty right imo.
I used it often to annoy saryns in eso long ago with a loki and a good melee.

You can do it almost every time with a hard hitting heavy attack/exodia melee on lower levels(sub 120-150) or with a bramma(before the nerfs even more so).

edit: also the other person was using mirage and I suppose a buffer mirage so he could amplify his damage even way above with the right setup

The fun part of that one is simply that, because Xaku's damage with abilities is scaled by enemy level and then by stripping enemy defenses off to make that relevant, Xaku usually only deals nearly the exact amount of damage needed to kill an enemy.

Meanwhile, weapons can deal massive amounts of damage in a single hit (exactly as some of the others have pointed out) and even more damage once the enemies have been stripped of defenses.

I personally enjoy overkill stats. One of my recent favourites is the fact that 'Accuracy' now accounts for abilities as well as weapons, and also AoE along with the direct hits. So I've regularly been getting 300% and higher Accuracy for using CC functions to group and then using punch-through or AoE to hit more than one enemy at once. (Genuine personal fave is to make Zephyr actually work by using her Tornado funnels to ping single-hit damage out to five or six enemies at once, and drawing more enemies into the funnels with Air Burst to do it again, last time I actually used that trick I ended up with over 900% Accuracy.)

5 hours ago, vegetosayajin said:

Because he is doing less damage overall even with more kills.

I've calmed down lol. 

I understand that if 100 enemies are killed in one mission, let's say op killed 99 of them, but his teammate killed 1 with one million damage, then his teammate will get more damage dealt percentage.

And to be honest, I should've went with that example. Especially cuz you're right, his teammate was using mirage and that's what more likely happened.

===========

I think we all have questioned the complete screen stats at one point, didn't we? That's why we know all of these. And when they've understand it, people just stop worrying the screen too much. It's just that when it happened to me, the "killing blow explanation" was way easier to digest. I mean every game have it, kill-steal, ks'er, leftover bullets... it's a common practice in videogames and any gamers would instantly understand.

Sure "damage overflow explanation" are right too -if not an even more accurate explanation for what happened to OP, but it's more of a warframe-specific thing -if not entirely a bug cuz DE couldn't code the right math for the dam screen.

As far as my knowledge, both contributed to these kind of result screen. The one which contributed less, happens to be easier to understand by general gamers. I could've made a different choice when answering OP's confusion... Now let's just hope the other guy doesn't retaliate too hard on me 🤣

9 hours ago, Soy77 said:

You want to do this? Let's go, mate. I happen to be in an awful mood today.

Okay damage overflow exists. But even if my reply was only half part of the truth... But no. He was asking about kill - damage dealt ratio, how is the person who gets more kill, was registered doing less damage:

You're wrong.

You do not seem to understand what people are saying about overflow damage being a factor in the kill:damage ratio. Instead of being frustrated why dont you calmly ask for a detailed explanation. You seem to be fixated on some complexity with this that doesnt exist.

It is as simple as the overflow damage being output from mirage far exceeds the damage output of xaku. Mirage is likely shooting enemies with stropha (damage in the millions) while xaku is dealing 1 to 2k per shot. All that extra damage is getting added up by the end of the match.

If the mirage deals 1 million damage per kill and thr xaku deals around 1000 per kill then you get a situation like this. Xakus damage output is not excessive but still lethal. Strophas damage output is just silly.

51 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

It's just that when it happened to me, the "killing blow explanation" was way easier to digest

It may be "easier to digest" but it is inaccurate. This is not a matter of "killing blow" as related to some form of kill-stealing. Your original example drew a comparison to damage dealt against one enemy which is simply bad-thinking. This has nothing to do with a proportion of damage dealt. Xaku and Mirage in this example are both perfectly capable of killing without interfering with the other, damage-wise, against individual targets. Xaku is able to quickly kill most everything in the mission which is why they have such a markedly larger kill count. Mirage, on the other hand, cannot keep up with the kill-output but is more than capable of outperforming xaku due to (likely) using stropha. Even without factoring in eclipse and dopplegangers this disparity is possible.

51 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

Sure "damage overflow explanation" are right too -if not an even more accurate explanation for what happened to OP, but it's more of a warframe-specific thing -if not entirely a bug cuz DE couldn't code the right math for the dam screen.

Considering we are on the Warframe forums talking specifically about Warframe mechanics it is appropriate to use Warframe-specific language.

Also, the math is not incorrect here... I'm not sure what you mean by saying DE hasn't coded "the right math" for this screen. The mission report has always logged total damage dealt for the "damage dealt" %. If overflow damage were not to be included in this calculation then the % damage dealt would be directly correlative with kills, making it a redundant stat on the mission report screen. This is less an issue of incorrect math and more an issue you appear to have in processing or accepting the mechanics of Warframe.

3 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Reminds me of how Trinity used to break the damage counter stats with EV damage in a group endurance run later on when the enemy levels start to skyrocket.

Here's a guy who know how to tell others they're wrong without feeling condescended.

Tell me man, does warframe really didn't track last hit, e.g. like in index? I gotta get my facts straight 😶

8 minutes ago, Soy77 said:

Here's a guy who know how to tell others they're wrong without feeling condescended.

Tell me man, does warframe really didn't track last hit, e.g. like in index? I gotta get my facts straight 😶

Elaborate sorry? What do you want to know? Warframe tracks the damage a hit does so if you hit an enemy that has say 100 hp, for 10K dmg, you still get that 10K added to your stats. So essentially it adds all of those OP hits that their ancestors will feel and adds all of that damage to the overall damage done per mission, then it takes the amount of damage out of that, that was caused by you to work out your percentage.

As an example if you hit 5 enemies for let's say 500 dmg each but they have only 100hp each, it would still add 5x500 to the damage done in mission so you'd have dealt 2500 dmg. If your team mate had killed say 15 enemies for 500 dmg each and they had the same 100 hp, he has done 15x500 dmg for 7500 dmg. Your total mission dmg would now be 10K dmg and your 2500 dmg would be displayed as doing 25% of the mission total damage.

Archived