Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synth Charge on Kulstar and Catchmoon but not Zakti Prime?

nslay

So Kulstar does a ton of AOE damage. Sure, you need to equip a Magazine mod to use Synth Charge on Kulstar. Catchmoon does a ton of AOE damage too! And a good configuration has a magazine of size >5. But yeah... you can't even try it on Zakti Prime which does less damage with the worst DoT damage type in the game (Gas). What... are you afraid that the effective 25% damage increase is OP on the Zakti Prime... with an AOE using one of the worst damage types in the game?

Even more perplexing is that there are apparently plenty of weapons like Brakk that can't even equip Synth Charge? That's pretty confusing.

How do you justify Kulstar or Catchmoon but not Brakk or Zakti Prime? I bet Zakti can't equip it either. I sold my Zakti when I got Zakti Prime... never crossed my mind to try it at the time.

11 minutes ago, taiiat said:

as aforementioned, Synth Charge only accounts for the unmodded Magazine Capacity of a Weapon.

now if you're saying Zakti Prime can't Equip the Mod, that just sounds like an oversight.

This is not totally true. As mentioned in this thread. Kulstar can equip the mod but does not have the required magazine capacity unless you use a mod to expand it.

Kulstar being able to equip the mod is likely a bug. 

11 minutes ago, taiiat said:

as aforementioned, Synth Charge only accounts for the unmodded Magazine Capacity of a Weapon.

If this is true... you could really abuse negative magazine capacity mods and Rivens on powerful weapons. It would make more sense if it forced you to sacrifice a mod slot to have 5+ magazine capacity to benefit in some of the more powerful weapons like Kulstar.

3 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

This is not totally true. As mentioned in this thread. Kulstar can equip the mod but does not have the required magazine capacity unless you use a mod to expand it.

Kulstar being able to equip the mod is likely a bug. 

You can also equip it on Staticor, Atomos, Cyanex, Kuva Nukor, Catabolyst (I think this has AOE?), and I already mentioned Catchmoon.

But not other AOE weapons like Prisma Angstrum, Talons, Pox.

You can't equip it on Bronco Prime, Brakk, Kuva Brakk, Detron, Twin Rogga.

You CAN equip it on AK Bronco Prime, Mara Detron (what!?)

Curiously, you can equip it on Athodai (which already hits like a train!). I wonder how it interacts with Athodai's ridiculous secondary.

3 hours ago, Leqesai said:

This is not totally true. As mentioned in this thread. Kulstar can equip the mod

oh
*visible confusion*

right, i start to recall now that Synth Charge has a bunch of illogical allows/disallows.

3 hours ago, nslay said:

If this is true... you could really abuse negative magazine capacity mods and Rivens

you rang?
m e m e s
7WcTbjf.png
GdOlnl5.png

old Image because i'm lazy, i misplaced a one on the original math and having Pistol Gambit is better than Hornet Strike, rather than the other way round.
so performance should actually be roughly 10% better than displayed.

Archived