Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Twitch 2.0 Drops Not Working for PS4 Viewers

(PSN)Sheisha-

I have followed all of the instructions to link for the new Twitch 2.0 process.  Twice.

I even went as far as to delete the app on other devices, and disconnect the prime gaming as well, since it was in passing related to Warframe. All of this in an effort to give it as clean a slate as possible when relinking for this Twitch 2.0.

I used my console to watch the live stream, and the progress bar for the Twitch drop is nonexistent. I restarted the game, kept refreshing the Twitch inventory page, and the drop timer never initiated. It said the drop box is empty. After several days of failure, in desperation I finally pulled up the latest live stream on a phone app.  Lo and behold, the progress bar appeared.  

I now presume that DE switched to this method in order to have the website automatically log the viewers instead of somebody manually acknowledging the list of viewers and times. Which means less work for DE, but it has completely removed what was my preferred method to watch streamed content.

I understand that software limitations exist. I do not fault DE for switching to a more efficient manner to conduct the drops.  I just wish it would have been clearly communicated that consoles would no longer function for the purpose of communicating that a viewer is present.

Thank you for your time.

Archived