Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

BRING RAIDS BACK!

peq42

I know theres an update coming, or at least expected to come within the next month, bringing new content to the game, but PLEASE bring raids back. Its been 3 years they've been gone with promises of being redesign, but as per usual got [DE]layed.

I would love to have them back, even if they were the exact same way as before with maybe a few changes to the drop table(for example, not including the same badges, but instead new ones, and some more updated possible drops and findings). They were fun, required organization and coordination, and tbh were the BEST end game content back then. This game NEEDS something like those old raids for end game, as they brought a challenge that was more than just "kill this OP enemy by yourself" to the game

2 minutes ago, Leqesai said:

It is a waste of resources. Raids are dead. Move on.

Just now, Uhkretor said:

... And should stay dead.

I've never understood the sheer schadenfreude and obstructionism Warframe players get when it comes to other players and things they enjoy that the person, for whatever godforsaken reason, hates.

What resources do you think it is going to tie up? Resources aren't really the issue, DE most likely has enough to handle it, they just need to overhaul the code because the old ones were breaking every patch. Everything else is there. Hey! Then you could even try it and see if you liked it. And if not, well you definitely aren't forced to do them.

3 minutes ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

I've never understood the sheer schadenfreude and obstructionism Warframe players get when it comes to other players and things they enjoy that the person, for whatever godforsaken reason, hates.

What resources do you think it is going to tie up? Resources aren't really the issue, DE most likely has enough to handle it, they just need to overhaul the code because the old ones were breaking every patch. Everything else is there. Hey! Then you could even try it and see if you liked it. And if not, well you definitely aren't forced to do them.

I don't think you have any idea about what you're talking about.

Reintroducing raids is not a simple matter of fixing/overhauling some code. Even if it were, do you have any idea how warframe's code is set up? It is very complex. Raids were pulled because of numerous issues those isolated systems have within the context of the overall code network. 

There is a reason missions are limited to 4 players. 

1 minute ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Do you know why DE actually removed them?

People like to point various reasons that only match their view of why they were removed. But do you really know why?

Its exactly the same reason that caused the removal of the Solar Rails and its entire rework into the Conclave - Toxicity.

What the best way to deal with a system that generates toxicity? That's actually very simple... Take it off - Its exactly the same thing that you'd do if one of your house guests is being toxic.

1 minute ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Its called "Free will". Move on.

Now, if the OP is asking for a complete rework of the system and to be implemented whenever its ready, then sure. I'm all up for it...

... But asking for the old Raids back, even with a reworked droplist table? No, it should stay dead and buried. Its the same s*** but dumped on a different location.

hace 2 horas, elpeleq42 dijo:

This game NEEDS something like those old raids for end game, as they brought a challenge that was more than just "kill this OP enemy by yourself" to the game

hace 2 horas, SpicyDinosaur dijo:

Then you could even try it and see if you liked it. And if not, well you definitely aren't forced to do them.

On the current state of the game? ... Nah

Just look at those who cried about the Steel Path changes a few months ago, the Raids would be a nest of- sooner than later you will see that players will want a way to solo them and that is not what a Raid is supposed to be right?

Reading some responses here, I can only say some players are beyond pathetic with their comments.

You all complain theres no content, then whenever anyone asks for any new content, thats not even OBLIGATORY btw, you guys are agaisnt it. A shame, warframe's community seems to have gone from one of the best to one of the most... welll... can't find a better word to describe other than pathetic.

9 minutes ago, elpeleq42 said:

words

<o> Host Migration in Progress

I wouldn't trust DE to handle 8-players mode until their 4-players mode is as smooth as butter and movement isn't normalized to the point you just see players walk in the air or Mesa stand-sliding around doing her 4 w/o augment.

Feel free to keep asking for old Raids back as you like. However, when you do so you fail to look forward to the potential of Railjack being the prime candidate for new Raid designs.

8 hours ago, elpeleq42 said:

Its been 3 years they've been gone with promises of being redesign, but as per usual got [DE]layed.

Point me to the exact post/clip where they said they would deliver redesigned Raids within 3 years.

The best part of the forum, is looking desperate people asking for the ugly and useless raid back again.

NO. NEVER AGAIN. YOU'LL NEVER HAVE THOS USELESS MISSION BACK! [inert maniacal laugh here]

Why instead of think about those useless repetitive and boring puzzle, you don't think about a total new idea of gamemode with 8 player? 

For example:

-) some mission with more than one objective where people need to cooperate to win

-) Railjack with more than one railjack inside and more enemies and objective

-) Endless mission with super strong opponent

-) Mission where two team instead of cooperate must try to do better of the other team, but without pvp

23 hours ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Absolutely agree. The forums in particular have all these players that will announce their opinion as fact, like "that game mode was trash, everyone knows that" and then get aggressive when the other person says "actually, I really liked it and want it to come back". Like there's a "right way" and a "wrong way", and you're not allowed to have certain opinions if they go against popular opinion.

That said, your second part about how easy it would be to bring them back is... rather inaccurate. They were complex missions with a lot of variables, and there are reasons why they took down the existing ones, even though it made me sad. They would probably need a lot of resources to reinstate the old ones, even if they seemed inclined to, which they currently don't. And think of every Warframe that has been added since raids were taken down... I hold out hope for raid-style missions going forward, though.

23 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

Its called "Free will". Move on

You're allowed to say that you think Raids shouldn't come back, but that goes both ways; elpeleq42 and everyone else is allowed to say that they think this or that mission should come back.

38 minutes ago, (PSN)GrandisSupernus said:

You're allowed to say that you think Raids shouldn't come back, but that goes both ways; elpeleq42 and everyone else is allowed to say that they think this or that mission should come back.

... "Free speech", innit?

38 minutes ago, (PSN)GrandisSupernus said:

(...) elpeleq42 and everyone else is allowed to say that they think this or that mission should come back.

... By "everyone else", do you actually mean the minority that wants them back?

... Or do you think you actually have the authority to speak for the entire Warframe community and literally everyone else didn't get the memo?

Conclave had less players in it then raids did at the time of their removal, yet that dead game mode is still around so I suggest bring the raids back and just ignore the bugs in them leaving them on life support like conclave is. Atleast the old veteran player base that enjoyed them could enjoy them again and Arcanes aren't locked to them anymore so no pressure to start doing them unless you want to for fun.

Leave a small skeleton crew to work on any potential bugs in both it and Conclave even! A big part of why I quit was the removal of the raids among other anti veteran changes that were made. It would be a small yet also big gesture to show that DE does care about their most dedicated players still... because as it is they simply don't and have not for a looooooong time XD.

• 8 months later...
On 2021-02-24 at 1:05 PM, Uhkretor said:

Do you know why DE actually removed them?

People like to point various reasons that only match their view of why they were removed. But do you really know why?

Its exactly the same reason that caused the removal of the Solar Rails and its entire rework into the Conclave - Toxicity.

What the best way to deal with a system that generates toxicity? That's actually very simple... Take it off - Its exactly the same thing that you'd do if one of your house guests is being toxic.

Its called "Free will". Move on.

Now, if the OP is asking for a complete rework of the system and to be implemented whenever its ready, then sure. I'm all up for it...

... But asking for the old Raids back, even with a reworked droplist table? No, it should stay dead and buried. Its the same s*** but dumped on a different location.

No generally if one of my house guests was being toxic I would ask them to leave my house, I wouldn't yeet my table out the window because they were sitting at it. Also you're the one who's being toxic here, buddy. Lol

On 2021-02-24 at 8:26 PM, elpeleq42 said:

Reading some responses here, I can only say some players are beyond pathetic with their comments.

You all complain theres no content, then whenever anyone asks for any new content, thats not even OBLIGATORY btw, you guys are agaisnt it. A shame, warframe's community seems to have gone from one of the best to one of the most... welll... can't find a better word to describe other than pathetic.

It was never actually that good. Liches made that clear after they made loot on a per player basis briefly. People are just substantially better behaved than most MMOs because this game is so insanely easy that other players screwing up doesn't hold you back, so they usually have nothing to set them off, along with loot being shared across all teammates encouraging cooperation and not salt.

1 hour ago, (NSW)randomoddguy said:

No generally if one of my house guests was being toxic I would ask them to leave my house, I wouldn't yeet my table out the window because they were sitting at it. Also you're the one who's being toxic here, buddy. Lol

Giving factual information that's very well aware by a vast majority doesn't make it toxic.

In fact, accusing me of being toxic without any kind of solid factual proof, other than me horsing around on other people's faces whenever they decide to dump something out the rear end and call it "argument" just because they can which btw can be seen all over my posting history, actually makes you toxic as the behavior you're showing towards me right now fits that bill perfectly...

... I was already done with this thread before... and I want to stay that way... I have far more important stuff both in my life and in Warframe than debating over something that's already dead, removed and buried in someone's backyard...

... Expecting me to indulge you in that aspect is both technically and unequivocally a waste of your time... Not mine... yours, and your alone....

33 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

Giving factual information that's very well aware by a vast majority doesn't make it toxic.

In fact, accusing me of being toxic without any kind of solid factual proof, other than me horsing around on other people's faces whenever they decide to dump something out the rear end and call it "argument" just because they can which btw can be seen all over my posting history, actually makes you toxic as the behavior you're showing towards me right now fits that bill perfectly...

... I was already done with this thread before... and I want to stay that way... I have far more important stuff both in my life and in Warframe than debating over something that's already dead, removed and buried in someone's backyard...

... Expecting me to indulge you in that aspect is both technically and unequivocally a waste of your time... Not mine... yours, and your alone....

No its your incredibly hostile, self righteous tone coupled with trying to enstate your own personal tastes and preferences as though they were a fact of life that's toxic. You were easily being more of an ass than everyone else in the entire thread combined.

Edit: Also if you think calling you toxic is itself toxic I have some bad news because you literally just did that exact thing earlier in the same conversation.

Edit 2: If your immediate response to being told you're being an ass is to demand 'proof' I don't really know what to tell you but you need one hell of reality check. And probably to stop being so self righteous. What an absurd thing to request for something as subjective as whether someone's behavior is &#036;&amp;*^ish? That doesn't even make sense?

Archived