Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If you could add/update 1 thing in warframe... what would it be?

Joezone619

Hmm, should I go with updates to the enemy AI? Adjusting of melee/gun balance to make guns less plinky-plinky and melee less dominant strategy? Perhaps some of those cool frame contacts? Maybe-

31 minutes ago, VoidArkhangel said:

Stalker syndicate

Oh good idea, we should finish the Stalker subplot. It's just been kinda hanging there with loose ends

And since this thread assumes "it's up to you, the poster" in my case it would be a chance to finally just kill the lame loser, and laugh at his impotent rage, and mock how much easier he became when he traded in everything that ever made him cool sort of interesting for that worthless Hunhow sword. Might as well get it over with

25 minutes ago, Ver1dian said:

Late game challenge that doesnt involve keys or intentionally gimping one self.

This right here. I have no constructive ideas on how to implement it but I just want something that actually requires me to use all this power I’ve acquired.

It’s just never made sense to me that WF is all about that grind to become more powerful, yet you can beat the entire game with a Skana.

Change the difficulty scaling & rewards (while this clearly can't be done in one step, it can be GROUPED into one THEME.

• stop pandering to and scaling things (enemies & missions) to MR15 (not everything has to be do-able at that or perhaps any level)
  • create challenging missions
    • But make the rewards actually rewarding. No point in creating a hard mode that has the same rewards as the easy mode - who in a farming simulator would ever do the hard mode?

38 minutes ago, Hierarch777 said:

Nerf base damage of all melee weapons. A sword shouldn't do equal or more damage than a sniper/shotgun. 

Don't you think a warframe could cleave a grineer in half with one swing? Warframes are partially infested robots controlled by magic space kids. We don't know how strong they actually are but, I bet a warframe would turn the infested into a paste if wielding a big hammer. 

Guns are just guns. They would be just as powerful in the hands of any random grineer as they would when being used by a warframe. 

I'm not saying that melee isn't op, it just that it kinda makes sense that melee would do more damage. 

On topic: I want companions that scale with enemy lvl or something. There are some cool synergies with companions that you really can't use because they just die in longer missions. Most of them are just MR fodder but they could be so much more than that. 

And give us something to do in SP besides farme SE/kuva...

I'd finish the melee system: make glaives more fluid and instant to throw, and add dual-wield for one handed melees and pistol (Swords, Rapiers, Machetes and Daggers.), and give them their own finisher animations.

that would be more than enough work, if I was feeling lazy I'd just add a new Revolver that's a true "hand-Cannon": slow to fire, kicks like a mule, but pinpoint accurate and with insane damage and crit to put down light/ medium armoured enemeis in one shot. or a Bolt Action sniper with a usable bayonet.

A botton to set mission level from, 20-30, 40-60. 80-100, without steel path modifications. 
I just dont want to spent 1 hour to start feeling that the enemies aren't dying from 1 hit but still dont want them to be sponges, at least grinner, becouse, the corpus and infested in sp feels great.

I'd add a Grineer civil war story arc.  Vay Hek's failures lead to him falling out of favour with the Queen(s) so he sets his propaganda machines to work to start a rebellion in an attempt to seize power himself.  Promise of greater freedom to experiment unshackled sees Tyl Regor join Hek's forces.  Kela De Thaym remains loyal to the matriarchy.  Lt. Kril breaks off into a small religious sect following Vor as a Void-Prophet.  Sargus Ruk has an existential crisis leading to a honour driven redemption arc that ends with him joining Steel Meridian (I picture him repainted steel grey instead of orange, heavily battle damaged with broken arm cannon in a sling formed from one of the red Steel Meridian flags and a Vaykor Sydon in his left hand).  Sprag & Ven'kra Tel also seek refuge with Steel Meridian looking to live happily ever after, possibly with an option for players to be able to offer to use the genetic foundry to give them a daughter and, as something akin to a godparent, be responsible for training her which would take the form of her being a new type of companion.  (This last part may just be a convoluted excuse to have a friendly Ballista follow me while muttering grumpy Grineer insults at enemies.  If Steel Meridian are going to insist on only offering Roller Specters then I'll need another way to befriend a Ballista damnit!)

This would give some more purpose to the number of recoloured Grineer sub-factions we already have and create some potential for taking Grineer development in different directions as each group could progress their tech in different ways.  The Queens would still have their old Orokin era knowledge and kuva based projects while Vay Hek with Tyl Regor could go further down the line of Manics/Ghouls/Grustrag 3 win-at-any-cost type shock troops and Vor's worshippers could get some real crazy Void corrupted weird stuff with aesthetics of the Seer.  As three distinct and uncooperative factions there would be no puzzlement as to why they've started doing X when they already have Y and Z as it'd make sense why they'd be branching out in different directions.

12 hours ago, -CdG-Zilchy said:

Fresh blood on the dev team. No I'm not kidding, they've grown too comfortable with each other to challenge one another's ideas when someone comes up with a new gamemode or item they simply haven't thought through properly. Might also add fresh inspiration to the once great lore.

This one really needs to actually happen, DE is in need of a new perspective that isn't "release big update half-baked, fix big update's main bugs, leave all the rest and abandon it, move onto next big update"

1 minute ago, Joezone619 said:

This one really needs to actually happen, DE is in need of a new perspective that isn't "release big update half-baked, fix big update's main bugs, leave all the rest and abandon it, move onto next big update"

So basically, I just see a desire for another game, from another company, that 'feels a little' like WF, from my POV, TBH, that's what much of this sounds like, IMO.

Archived